Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

Worst for me were Marrakesh and Tutto Italia

I must admit (and i know i'm probably speaking heresy here) but on the whole i don't find Disney Dining that 'special'.... not that i'm saying its bad but just not that special and also i think it's overpriced .... i know you are paying a premium for being in WDW and get the character interaction at buffets but is Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Cape May etc that much better (i.e $20 and more per head) than The Golden Coral ? I mean just in terms of the food rather than location etc

I also can never understand all the hype with Le Cellier, we've eaten there twice..... again not bad, but nothing special

Just a thought

In case you are interested our ADRs for next trip are ;

Chef Mickey’s,California Grill,Coral Reef,Yachtman’s Steakhouse,Boma,Jiko,Artists Poin,Narcooses,California Grill (again lol)

We loved Boma. Yachtman's Steakhouse is good, but I have to tell you. You can get pretty much the same good meal at Captain's Grill, and it's one TS instead of two TS for DDP or it's cheaper if you pay out of the pocket. If given a choice between the two, I'd do Captain's Grill any day.

Chef Mickey's breakfast.

First time we ate there was great, this past time (March 2010) was HORRID! Unfortunately it's my kids most favorite restaurant in all of Disney, so we have to go there. Luckily DH can live on Mickey Waffles and I am happy with their cold bar selections. Neither of us will go near the eggs/hash browns/bacon, etc.

I second this one. Chef Mickey's used to be so good. It was always on the "must do" list for us, especially on my birthday. I will not ever be doing this one again unless it drastically improves. I mean distrastically. YUUCK!!:sick:

California Grill - watered down drinks - my cranberry and vodka was hot pink, my partner got one of the house drinks and it didn't mention anything about cherries, but the drink contained cherry stems, just the stem

Sushi - way too much rice, barely any fish, better sushi at local restaurants

The apps and entrees were cold, my fish was undercooked and had to send it back, the worst is I had eaten some before seeing the middle wasn;t cooked, waiter took the plate and I received the same piece of fish - i hate to think this was placed back on the grill or that it was just shoved in the microwave

Desserts - nothing special, but decent

The only thing that saved this meal was we were seated at the best table in the house, all the way to the right, next to the window, perfect view of wishes.

Biergarten - the food was ok, but the feeling after wasn't. Everything was so heavy there it felt like my stomach was full of cement

I haven't read this whole thread but I bet if you let this go long enough every restaurant in WDW will be on this list

Every rest. would be on the list because it is asking for different peoples opinions. My vote goes for Capt. Jacks at dtd.

Ours would be
1. Raglan Road : Waiter wasn't very friendly. I got sick later that night after eating there.
2. Big River Grille : Food was disappointing and was very Loud.

My vote would be for Tutto Italia. The whole meal felt rushed.There was nothing wrong with the food, but nothing special about it either. It wasn't any better than the Maggianos we go to or even that much better than the local Carrabbas(It was better than Olive Garden ;))We had much better pasta at Spago's (cafe) in Vegas for around the same price point
Since it was during free DDP, we said at least we tried it.
However we wouldn't pay OOP for it.

Sunshine Seasons might have to be my #1. We just plain didn't like the food there, it was about as good as my school lunch food, which is bearable, but any worse than that I pretty much can't take.

ABC Commissionary, it wasn't particularly awful, but it was mediocre enough so that we won't go back.

Flame Tree Barbecue, the beef was... well, I just didn't like it. the beef was more my problem than theirs. And the baked beans were WAY too sweet.

And your assuming it was chicken. :rotfl2:

And... what else would it be?

My DH and I differ on which restaurants we weren't thrilled with but some of my least favs are:

Casey's - just can't stand the wheat bun!

Crystal Palace - just wasn't much there that I liked to eat but liked the service and characters

Boma - again I am a picky eater so the only thing I really liked was the zebra domes (DH agrees on this one and he will eat anything, we both loved Tusker House for lunch though :confused3)

Ohana - I am a meat and potatos person, couldn't stand those sweet noodles, didn't like the bread either (don't like pineapple) maybe if they brought the potatos back I would return

Sci-Fi - too dark, too expensive and I could care less about the movie clips.

I'm really sorry to say, that after 7 visits to WDW we decided to got to Wolfgang Puck Cafe as we were on honeymoon and i'd always wanted to go, but was really disappointed!!

I found the table area quite messy, It took forever for our drinks order to come. The waiting staff took our order for starters then left, 5 minutes later they came back for entree order. The starters arrived and DHs looked kinda burnt (cant remember what is was). halfway through the starters the entree arrived. we then moved on to the entrees and we were halfway through that before they cleared the starter plates. Our DD6 had the artist pallette sundae, which she enjoyed.

With 2 glasses of wine the bill was $110.

Big River Grille. I went there with my family a few years back. The food was horrible and cold. The service was terrible and we ask for a substitution on a side dish and they refused. The best part of the meal was the beer sampler.

the only restaurant that we will not go back to is Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The food was way overpriced, and the portions were small. I got this shrimp and rice dinner, and it came with about 1/2 cup of plain white rice, and two or three pieces of shrimp... and it was i think $25.00. Thank goodness we were on the free dining plan, because there is no way we would choose to pay to eat there. and we wouldn't waste our table service credits on it again. My family both had different fish dishes, and were not satisfied with it. The flavours are very weird, and sometimes it is just plain, with no flavour at all. Maybe it was just an off night, but we won't be going back.

COSMIC RAYS! I throw up in my mouth, just THINKING about that place...EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :sick:

Just got back and had two HORRIBLE meals (1) Mama Melrose- dh had to spit out some nasty sausage from the sausage pasta and DS refused to touch his pizza, saying it "smelled funny" (at least they took off dh's meal): and (2) T-Rex- $100 meal with nasty child's meal of corn dogs which smelled funny and they sent out a bad banana -I had to ask for a new one; my chicken salad was just mush; dh's ribs were literally just fat and the chips on the nacho's were way too salty. I Had never eaten at either place before and now I know why!

The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Hotel. I was 5 months pregnant and starving since the food was inedible. If it wasn't for the children's option, I wouldn't have had anything to eat. It was just bad. And the funny thing is my mom had eaten there in 1976 and said it was bad then too! Somethings never change lol.

The buffet in Norway. However, I think it may have changed since I ate there over 20 years ago. I don't know since we never ate there again.

Disney's restaurants are generally very good. If you or someone in your party is a picky eater, check the menu first to be on the safe side. But, even a menu cannot guarantee that you will like their food. And sometimes the quick service options can be an easy crowd pleaser.

Tusker House breakfast. Bad service, lousy attitude of Photopass photog, hot building, rushed characters. Good juice but not worth the hassle.

We totally agree!

First off, we had an 8:05am ressie but we weren't seated until 8:30am. I just find it hard to believe that we were the first ones in line along with having an opening ressie time, but dozens of people were seated before us. Although as soon as DH went and asked, they seated us immediately.

Our server brought our drinks then never came back. We finally asked another server to get our check. When our original server brought our check, he also brought our DS a FROZEN cupcake for his birthday. :lmao: It was very nice of him to do so, but it would have helped if DS could have actually eaten it.

And the characters literally came to the table, took 2 seconds to sign the book, another 5 seconds for a picture and were off to the next table.

And the photopass lady was rude! We had never been there before and we were the first in line for pictures and she fussed at us for not knowing where to stand for the picture.

Never again. I can have a buffet just about anywhere else that is just as good and DS probably won't get a frozen cupcake.

Tony's....really bad food, slow service.
Hate to say this...but Earl of Sandwich. Got food poisoning there the last time. We had eaten there before and no problems. But the sheer thought of the horrible, horrible night I spent in the bathroom throwing up far outweighs any good experience I will ever have there again.

Probably wouldn't ever eat at Cinderella's again. Too expensive, lousy food. But you gotta do it atleast once, I guess.

There are a lot of restaurants that I don't think are worth the hype, but these are probably the only ones I will never go back to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter