Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

San Angel Inn the food was not good at all. I had horrible service at 50 prime time, not just in character, but just plain rude and they knocked over my milk shake and gave me a bunch of towels to clean it up.

FH and I were all excited about Boma after reading threads and posts from sooo many people who loved it. We hated it. Even the desserts. Worst dining experience we'd ever had anywhere.

Worst for me were Marrakesh and Tutto Italia

I must admit (and i know i'm probably speaking heresy here) but on the whole i don't find Disney Dining that 'special'.... not that i'm saying its bad but just not that special and also i think it's overpriced .... i know you are paying a premium for being in WDW and get the character interaction at buffets but is Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Cape May etc that much better (i.e $20 and more per head) than The Golden Coral ? I mean just in terms of the food rather than location etc

I also can never understand all the hype with Le Cellier, we've eaten there twice..... again not bad, but nothing special

Just a thought

In case you are interested our ADRs for next trip are ;

Chef Mickey’s,California Grill,Coral Reef,Yachtman’s Steakhouse,Boma,Jiko,Artists Poin,Narcooses,California Grill (again lol)

The Plaza!

Totally bad service related though. She was so rude, kept cutting me off mid-sentence, almost hit me with a salad plate, didn't give us all options for something, didn't care to check back or refill drinks, loudly complained about other guests while cleaning a table behind us.. on and on. The food was not worth the trouble. Worst dining experience ever! I know service can change from night to night, and the table beside us seemed to have someone super excellent, but I'd never get that last meal out of my head if I went back!

Wow! I read all 23 pages and was beginning to think that I was the only one that wouldn't do PLAZA again! Ours was also mainly service related.... it was just my Mother and myself and we both were using ECVs... the server had issues with that... I would have been willing to park mine outside and walk in, but Mom was having a really bad day and couldn't walk. As a matter of fact, she was only at the park so she could eat then go back to the room and sleep. The food was ok... as far as that kind of food goes... nothing I would write home about. But it took the server over half an hour to ASK about our desserts... after the food was gone! We just seemed to wait forever, until we decided we couldn't take it anymore.... we ended up taking our desserts to go. I was frustrated, Mom was sick and that may have been why it was such a negative experience. Not to mention, I didn't want to eat there in the first place.... I personally don't think it should be considered a TS meal when it is clearly CS food!!! That is my main reason for never returning... maybe if it was changed to CS... but don't see that happening.

Also, I enjoyed the character interactions at CP and CM, but really found the food to be blah.... so those we may return to but probably not anytime soon.

Ours would be Hollywood and Vine for Thanksgiving Dinner... very disappointing food... actually, our server was ok.

San Angel Inn. The food wasn't anything to write home about and my family ended up getting sick and missing the next day at the parks.

I will try to avoid Chef Mickey's from now on. My kids love it, but I figure we've done it enough. NO MORE!

Now 'Ohana..we said never again in 2007, but gave it another try a few months ago and it was FANTASTIC! :thumbsup2

Wow hard to believe everyones tastes differ so much. Most of our favorite restaurants are on this list lol.

Our favorite places are Planet Hollywood, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and Tony's.
And we also loved Boma, Tusker House and Pizza Planet.

We don't really have any never agains. I don't like the Electric Umbrella at all so that's the only one I can think of. I don't really like the variety at the castle for breakfast. I am a very picky eater and they didn't have anything simple that I would eat so I didn't have much so I prob won't do that one again.

I have to admit to not wanting to go to Tony's again. I went there 4 yers ago first time on the dining plan (but I had read up what to expect on the dining plan) I asked for a pink lemonade and he brought 2 so he made it quite clear he wasn't going to paying any attention and he didn't spent time talkling to the mother and child next to me sat down and talked to the family on the other table me he took the order and left made me feel most unwelcome.

'Ohana. We had eaten there about 7 times, but the 8th. time was our final dinner at 'Ohana. It was like we were invisible. The service was non-existent. This was in December, 2006.

Ohana....dry over cooked food....service people seemed like they were rushing us......very expensive horrible experience

Yakitori House. Vomit inducing.

I don't know what part of the chicken my "chicken" dish came from and I don't want to hazard a guess.

Akershus Princess Breakfast - The princesses were great but the breakfast food was awful!!! I am glad we tried it once but we will go back to the Crystal Palace Breakfast Buffet with Pooh and Friends - There are alot more food choices and the food was really good, too!

Ohana never again for me. Service wasn't bad.. it was nonexistent. We were rushed all of the courses in about five minutes of sitting down, and didn't see our waitress again for an hour.

Wolfgang Puck (not express) in DTD
Cap'n Jacks in DTD
^ both of these were on my husband & I's first trip to Disney, so when we booked ADRs they sounded good and we just didn't know there were much better places to eat at. WP was a waste of a TS credit. Our last 2 trips we did WPE for CS and loved it, wish we knew that before our 1st trip.

ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
^ Backlot Express there was nowhere to sit and the tables were dirty. It was not a good time. I just didn't care for the ABC Comissary. I wish there was better CS at DHS, but for now I guess Pizza Planet will have to do (although we need to remember to eat there at off times, getting a table is rough)

Tutto Italia - this was our first ever TS at Disney... it wasn't bad, the food wasn't bad just okay. We have a really good authentic italian place at home and this didn't compare. The service was okay.

Teppan Edo - hubby says he'd go back. We got stuck with 9:45pm reservations, were the only table there and it took like 2 hours. Too slow IMO, the food was okay though. I didn't care for dessert.

Chef Mickey's - the first time was awesome. The second time we went back, we were done eating way before the characters got to us. They added on after our first time there, and the dining room is just way too big and it wasn't worth waiting an extra hour for the characters but we did. We might try here for breakfast, and like my husband says we'll probably go back after we have kids.

Mama Melrose - FOOD POISONING!!!!:eek:

SciFi Theater - Tried several different entrees and didn't like any of them.

Akershus. The only good part was the princesses. The wait staff was slow, the food wasn't very good. Overall, unimpressed. It's the only restaurant so far, and we've been going to Disney for 7 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter