• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the Disney Dining reps work from home??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I will try to apply and see what happens. I'm not quite sure what I am applying for though since they do other companies besides disney. I wonder how likely it would be to get to work with disney.

This is my concern as well, as working for Disney is my primary reason for wanting to do this ::yes::. Good luck to you :thumbsup2.

This is my concern as well, as working for Disney is my primary reason for wanting to do this ::yes::. Good luck to you :thumbsup2.

Just found this on the arise website:

Q2: Explain what you mean by flexible scheduling. Do I choose the client that I would like to service or does Arise choose for me?
A2: Imagine being able to select the clients that you will service AND be able to select the number of hours and when you will service EACH WEEK!

As an Arise Certified Professional providing customer interaction services through your Virtual Services Corporation you choose the clients and the applications you wish to service from the list of available certification courses.

Also, read the agreement closely, there are fees involved in this agreement. Also note the background check fee. I never noticed that they said how much they pay, probably varies by company. It's really too bad there are no disney benefits involved.

Q2: Explain what you mean by flexible scheduling. Do I choose the client that I would like to service or does Arise choose for me?
A2: Imagine being able to select the clients that you will service AND be able to select the number of hours and when you will service EACH WEEK!

As an Arise Certified Professional providing customer interaction services through your Virtual Services Corporation you choose the clients and the applications you wish to service from the list of available certification courses.

Thanks!!! :) :)

Yes, thankyou!

When I researching a little about the "working Disney from home" I came across this sub-forum which has different companies (including Disney) that are offered from Arise. I haven't done any of it, but thought I might next year if I have time. Anyway, some of it was interesting reading, as it's people who are actually doing it. I hope it's okay to post this link, I think it is.

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Once there, you'll see the Disney forum down a little bit.

When I researching a little about the "working Disney from home" I came across this sub-forum which has different companies (including Disney) that are offered from Arise. I haven't done any of it, but thought I might next year if I have time. Anyway, some of it was interesting reading, as it's people who are actually doing it. I hope it's okay to post this link, I think it is.

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Once there, you'll see the Disney forum down a little bit.

Just wanted to come out of lurking on this thread and say thanks for the link! I was reading through some of the threads and one of them mentioned it costing around $350 to get started! There was a $99 fee to Arise (I think) and you have to pay $225 just to take the Disney training! :eek: Plus a few other minor fees. . .ouch! But it still sounds like a great opportunity if you have the chunk of change needed to start up. :)

Actually, it will be alot more than $350 to get started i think. make sure you read the technical requirements, most people will have to practically start over to set this up. For example, no digital phone service, your separate phone line must have no extra features, you must have a back up ISP, no wireless routers or modems connected, VISTA not supported, web-based email not allowed, 2 headsets with microphone, 17 inch monitor, the list goes on an on, battery back up in case your power goes out,you won't disconnect from the client.
You would literally have to treat this as opening up a new business and setting it up as such. I have comcast digital phone so i'd have to go back to a regular phone service for my dedicated line. I just wonder how much we're talking about when all is said and done. I imagine it is all tax deductible though, so that would be good.

Just wanted to come out of lurking on this thread and say thanks for the link! I was reading through some of the threads and one of them mentioned it costing around $350 to get started! There was a $99 fee to Arise (I think) and you have to pay $225 just to take the Disney training! :eek: Plus a few other minor fees. . .ouch! But it still sounds like a great opportunity if you have the chunk of change needed to start up. :)

Actually, it will be alot more than $350 to get started i think. make sure you read the technical requirements, most people will have to practically start over to set this up. For example, no digital phone service, your separate phone line must have no extra features, you must have a back up ISP, no wireless routers or modems connected, VISTA not supported, web-based email not allowed, 2 headsets with microphone, 17 inch monitor, the list goes on an on, battery back up in case your power goes out,you won't disconnect from the client.
You would literally have to treat this as opening up a new business and setting it up as such. I have comcast digital phone so i'd have to go back to a regular phone service for my dedicated line. I just wonder how much we're talking about when all is said and done. I imagine it is all tax deductible though, so that would be good.

I pulled my application b/c of the fees...there is no way I have the start-up money (I have Disney trips to fund!! ;) ) and only have a few of their requirements. Like someone else said..maybe someday! :confused3

How can I work for disn*y??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to apply with Arise. Arise will only do business w/you if you're incorporated. I been contracted w/Arise since February of this year. Dis*ey is a client of Arise. In order to be considered to work Dis*ey, you have to be w/Arise, wait for it to become available to work it, and pay to take the certification class, pass all exams, mock calls, etc. But your first step hasn't even begun yet. If you're interested in Dis*ey, you must first apply to Arise, take and pass the Ideal Assessment, pay and pass the criminal background check $13-$29, pay to get incorporated (cost varies in each state/start your own home-based business/this is a business opportunity, not a job)in your state, and then pay $99.00 & pass the ACP101 course before ever getting into Arise. After all that, you sit and wait for them to email you opportunities to work like "Dis*ey" if it becomes available. All their clients come w/a cost. You pay for your own clients/trainings. Dis*ey was $225.00. This a very lengthy process, but well worth it. I work Carny Cruise Lines Reservations and soon will be training for Circu!t City on 5/15/08. I paid for Dis*ey-they canceled the class so I'm still waiting for my refund, hopefully soon. FYI...This is a business opp w/Arise which means you will need good chunk of change to get started. Hope this helped!

I pulled my application b/c of the fees...there is no way I have the start-up money (I have Disney trips to fund!! ;) ) and only have a few of their requirements. Like someone else said..maybe someday! :confused3

I was interested in applying, but after reading more on it and seeing the post from donna, it started to sink in that there was more to it than just having a computer with high speed internet. To repeat what you and others have said.....maybe someday. Plus I don't even know if once you apply and pay your fees if you're actually guaranteed to do Disney dining :confused3. I thought one post I read on another board (someone had the link in their post on this thread) made it sound like you do all the preliminary work (apply, pay fees, etc.) and then wait until something with Disney opens up......so I don't know if it's just luck of the draw or if Disney dining always has something available :rolleyes1. But good luck to anyone here who's applied or going to apply......I hope it works out for you :thumbsup2.

How can I work for disn*y??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to apply with Arise. Arise will only do business w/you if you're incorporated. I been contracted w/Arise since February of this year. Dis*ey is a client of Arise. In order to be considered to work Dis*ey, you have to be w/Arise, wait for it to become available to work it, and pay to take the certification class, pass all exams, mock calls, etc. But your first step hasn't even begun yet. If you're interested in Dis*ey, you must first apply to Arise, take and pass the Ideal Assessment, pay and pass the criminal background check $13-$29, pay to get incorporated (cost varies in each state/start your own home-based business/this is a business opportunity, not a job)in your state, and then pay $99.00 & pass the ACP101 course before ever getting into Arise. After all that, you sit and wait for them to email you opportunities to work like "Dis*ey" if it becomes available. All their clients come w/a cost. You pay for your own clients/trainings. Dis*ey was $225.00. This a very lengthy process, but well worth it. I work Carny Cruise Lines Reservations and soon will be training for Circu!t City on 5/15/08. I paid for Dis*ey-they canceled the class so I'm still waiting for my refund, hopefully soon. FYI...This is a business opp w/Arise which means you will need good chunk of change to get started. Hope this helped!

This was the post on that other forum that I saw regarding the fees to get started. . .and Donna was right. It would cost me WAY more than $350 to get this started, and I just don't have the money for this. . .I sure wish I did though. I would have loved to do this!

This was the post on that other forum that I saw regarding the fees to get started. . .and Donna was right. It would cost me WAY more than $350 to get this started, and I just don't have the money for this. . .I sure wish I did though. I would have loved to do this!

i completed everything right up to the point of having to pay money. I wanted to be sure this was the real deal, which i DO believe it is. Its just that you have to be willing to commit to all the test fees, training fees, monthly service fees, then of course, all of your new equipment and phone lines being installed, with very specific and strict specs. This is all normal start up fee stuff when starting a new business and i don't believe its a rip off, i just don't know if i want to commit to it and go through everything only to find out there aren't many hours to go around and also to not get to work on the Disney Dining opportunity.

During busy booking times, they do have some. When I called last year to book my free dining I heard a baby crying in the background and was asked to hold for a moment. When she came back she apoligized for putting me on hold and I got everything that I wanted room and dining wise.

I also just applied. It was quite a application process. All I have left to do is record my phone voice which I will do later today.

Hmmm...I think if it does cost that much, I will back out. I'm already spending a fortune on my trip this year.

I also read the "rules" and it states that you cannot use a cordless phone and you must have a backup internet service provider. You main internet must be broadband, or high speed and your backup can be dial up.

There are several other rules too and you probably will have to spend some money to set up a home office according to their standards.

I also just applied. It was quite a application process. All I have left to do is record my phone voice which I will do later today.

Hmmm...I think if it does cost that much, I will back out. I'm already spending a fortune on my trip this year.

I also read the "rules" and it states that you cannot use a cordless phone and you must have a backup internet service provider. You main internet must be broadband, or high speed and your backup can be dial up.

There are several other rules too and you probably will have to spend some money to set up a home office according to their standards.

thats where i left off too. i stopped short of paying for the background check. i think i would go to the trouble of going all the way if there were disney perks involved. i just can't believe what some of people on that arise/disney board tell guests! some are "disney" people and some have had to learn and study about it. I saw one poster insist that 180 + 10 meant that if you are staying onsite, you get to book your ADRs 190 days ahead of time. It sort of explains why you read about people getting misinformed when they call thinking they are talking to a disney CM.

I am in the admissions process. Have passed all of the initial tests, and am ready to do my background check. I have 3 days to decide whether to go ahead with it or not. DH and I are talking. It is estimated that it will cost between $400 - $600 initial investment (from the ARise website FAQ). I would be doing it in addition to my part timejob that I have now, at least initially until I see how lucrative it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter