• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the Disney Dining reps work from home??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I called today to make a reservation for June, and I swear I heard a TV in the background. :happytv:

Several months ago I heard a dog barking in the background :dog:

If this is the case, I need to get me one of these jobs immediately :thumbsup2

I don't think so. Usually when I call I can hear the other CMs explaining something or tell their person a confirmation number. On Monday I heard a poor man trying to explain the dining plan to someone. I could hear him say no those are 2 credits and if you want a 1 credit table service you could go here or here. I heard him say it like 4 times. I wanted to tell my CM to tell that CM to direct them to the disboards!!!

it is my understanding that some do work from home... i believe one of the companies that hires for disney dining is Arise (www.arise.com i think)... i agree it could be a dream job! :)

I actually used to do call center support, and am well aware of how noisy it can be in the background. That said, I have been struck at how QUIET it is in the background the last few times I've called Disney Dining!

I'm not saying they do or they don't... because I don't know (somebody save that - I never admit not knowing something! :teeth: ) but when I was whispering my credit card number to a Dining CM earlier this week, she said, "I'm in a room by myself, so I'm going to read that back to you out loud..."

I called today to make a reservation for June, and I swear I heard a TV in the background. :happytv:

Hi! Current CM here. No we do not work from home.

According to the CMs that I know, there are a few that do for various reasons but by and large, no, Disney does not hire at home call support.

They do, on occasion, use outside call center for support during peak times and some of those agents might be working at home.

Disney along with hundreds of other companies does indeed work through Arise corporation to handle a lot of the disney dining and also disney resort reservations. I am one of the reps working from my home office taking Disney Dining reservation calls. It is a wonderful job, and with gas prices over $4.30 a gallon where I am, the 15 foot commute to work has more advantages than just being able to work in my pajama's!

Hi. :cool1: Like others have said, Disney does use outside call support and those agents may be working from home. Disney itself used to offer the option of working from home (although they no longer do) so some of the older CMs may still be working from home. :) HTH! :hippie:

They DO!!! I have heard "home noises" like t.v. in the background too. I'm not all that sure I like that and when I do hear it, I tend to say that I need to call back.

Not so sure I want to give my cc info to a 3rd party working at home. Apologies and I do not mean to offend those that are currently doing this. That is just how I personally feel about it.:duck:

Disney along with hundreds of other companies does indeed work through Arise corporation to handle a lot of the disney dining and also disney resort reservations. I am one of the reps working from my home office taking Disney Dining reservation calls. It is a wonderful job, and with gas prices over $4.30 a gallon where I am, the 15 foot commute to work has more advantages than just being able to work in my pajama's!

I wonder if I got an at-home employee when I had my problems yesterday. I asked to speak to a supervisor/manager/someone else and was told there was no one else I could talk to. Then she said she would put me back in "line" and a few minutes later it was the same CM with another CM on the line with her who wouldn't even let me speak! I don't think this is the fault of the "at home" situation, but rather a bad CM. She was giving blatantly wrong information.

On a side note, I too have had calls where the background noise was so loud I could hardly think, so I think I appreciate these much quieter ones! :goodvibes

I heard a child in the background when I was speaking to Disney Dining and thought that I was crazy.

I'm not saying they do or they don't... because I don't know (somebody save that - I never admit not knowing something! :teeth: )

This made me laugh out loud!! I love it when people can make fun of themselves!! :rotfl2: Thanks for the smile today!!

BTW--I went and applied on that website the PP gave--what a great job I could have over the summer! Thanks for posting!

I'm on the west coast, so I'm 3 hours behind Florida.
I usually call in the morning to make my dining reservations. I have always had polite, quick, knowledgeable service.

I made my first two days for December yesterday morning. Decided what else I wanted for the rest of the trip and called in the late afternoon, which would have made it 8 pm EST.

Felt like I had called one of those call stations in India! The first person was clueless, and sounded less than professional. Said okay, when she couldn't help me and called back. New person, same issues. Called a third time and had a nice young guy. Used a lot of slang, but was nice. When I told him I wanted to make reservations he told me I had to wait three more days until the 180 day mark. Hadn't even asked me if I was staying on property. I told him I could because of the 180 + 10. He apologized profusely. Very nice, but pretty clueless.
I assume these are some of the add on help working from home?

Long story short--don't call in the evening!

Deb

How do you get hired by these people to work from home? Do you live in Florida? Do they hire across the country?

I usually call in the morning to make my dining reservations. I have always had polite, quick, knowledgeable service.

I made my first two days for December yesterday morning. Decided what else I wanted for the rest of the trip and called in the late afternoon, which would have made it 8 pm EST.

Felt like I had called one of those call stations in India! The first person was clueless, and sounded less than professional. Said okay, when she couldn't help me and called back. New person, same issues. Called a third time and had a nice young guy. Used a lot of slang, but was nice. When I told him I wanted to make reservations he told me I had to wait three more days until the 180 day mark. Hadn't even asked me if I was staying on property. I told him I could because of the 180 + 10. He apologized profusely. Very nice, but pretty clueless.

Deb

When I had the problems with the clueless CM it was 7pm Florida time...hmmmmm

I often wonder too. Sometime I hear complete silence, sometimes birds chirping, kids playing etc..other times I hear the other CMs.

i've always suspected some CMs are working from home

not many offices allow barking dogs in them...

most of the time, though, i'll hear other CMs in the background

Deb

What does 180 + 10 mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter