• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the Disney Dining reps work from home??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the admissions process. Have passed all of the initial tests, and am ready to do my background check. I have 3 days to decide whether to go ahead with it or not. DH and I are talking. It is estimated that it will cost between $400 - $600 initial investment (from the ARise website FAQ). I would be doing it in addition to my part timejob that I have now, at least initially until I see how lucrative it is.

that must not include a new computer set up, right? i'd have to start that from scratch since i don't have outlook or outlook express on here now (software is alot $$), i have a router installed/wireless (a no no), don't have 2 headsets, don't have a battery backup and i have digital phone so i'd have to get a whole new line installed without the extras. ugh, i'd be up over $1,000 in no time with all that.

that must not include a new computer set up, right? i'd have to start that from scratch since i don't have outlook or outlook express on here now (software is alot $$), i have a router installed/wireless (a no no), don't have 2 headsets, don't have a battery backup and i have digital phone so i'd have to get a whole new line installed without the extras. ugh, i'd be up over $1,000 in no time with all that.

No, that doesn't include a new computer. This is taken directly from the Arise website FAQ:

Q6: What is the total investment (cost) to establish a Virtual Services Corporation affiliated with Arise?
A6: The average investment ranges from $400 to $600 if your computer is already in compliance with Arise's minimum requirements. This covers the (estimates below):

National Background Check Fee $13-$26
Incorporation $100+/-
High-Speed Internet Access $50
Phone Equipment & Dedicated Line $145
Basic Certification Program ACP101 $99

Of the above stated expenses, only the $99 ACP101 registration fee is payable to Arise to participate in basic certification. The other costs are payable to third party vendors unrelated to Arise. Client certification programs ranges from $50 to $225 and is payable to Arise.

All prices and fees quoted are subject to change some may vary by state or vendor.

DH and I have been looking at my current computer and it seems to fit most of the requirements, thankfully. Sorry that your initial investment would be so high. But if I go ahead with it, I'll be happy to let you know how it is working for me. I mean if there is enough work, etc. if you're interested.

This thread is no longer relevant to the Restaurant Board.

Good luck to everyone who is applying, hope it works out for you! You can become our resident experts :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter