• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new one is so cute I've just got to get one ! It's a passholder exclusive.
Disneyland_Passholder_Ariel_Little_Mermaid.jpg

I want this one too--Little Mermaid has been my favorite ever since it came out. I am just *hoping* that they will be doing previews while we are at the parks since we are missing the grand opening by 3 days!!!

Maybe I should plan on a Diva reunion here next year. My house is small and not grand, but my yard can certainly hold a bunch of people. Bring your families! We could set up volleyball, horseshoes, bocce ball, and the dirt track out back. Go swimming, and Dave could put out a piece of heavy duty plastic for a huge "slip and slide!" He could BBQ his prize winning brisket and ribs! :woohoo:
When?? Huh, huh? When?? I'd so be there!! :thumbsup2

We live in the south west corner of Washington State. It is heaven July-Oct but gloom and doom rest of year. You know a person is from Washington if it is raining and all others have umbrellas but one person-- that is the one from WA.
LOL Thanks, Patty. I love the rain so it sounds wonderful to me. :) Thankfully Las Vegas doesn't reach 120, at least it hasn't while I've been here. But all summer we are in triple digits, usually between 100-105, and that gets old really fast! :rolleyes:

I remember seeing Jen's wreaths she made not long ago and thought of her when I saw this wreath
wreath-1.jpg
That is so cute!! OMG, I love those little drink umbrellas, and that wreath just screams summertime. :goodvibes

Glad you had fun at Kid Rock. That would be a cool concert to go see. Have fun at Mary Poppins!

That is cute!! (coming from someone who is not a Vinylmations fan) Too bad I'm not a passholder anymore.....and probably won't be ever again. Oh well. Thanks for posting it! :)

I want this one too--Little Mermaid has been my favorite ever since it came out. I am just *hoping* that they will be doing previews while we are at the parks since we are missing the grand opening by 3 days!!!
I love Little Mermaid, too. It came out the year I graduated, 1989. I remember I'd been sick with a cold and was just starting to feel better and tired of being cooped up in the house, so Ruben came and picked me up and just the two of us went to see it at the Eagle Rock Plaza. I loved it! (excuse my trip down memory lane!! lol)
Anyway, that movie, and The Lion King are my two all time favorite Disney movies. Nothing has compared to them since, imo.

Well I never got en email saying yes or no for the Star Wars preview...I'm pretty sure I entered but maybe I didn't. :rotfl:

I didn't get an email either and I *know* I entered, so I guess if you didn't win, you didn't hear anything!

That is SO cute!! I'll have to look for it next week. Where did you see it?

I don't think that they are due out until towards the end of June.

There is also AP only merchandise (pins, collector coins, etc) that goes on sale starting on May 31st. We will still be there at that point, so let me know if there is something you want.

On the other hand, I will probably be asking one of our locals (oh Cheryl, do you here me calling your name) to see if they can pick up the Vinylmation for me once it comes out.

BTW, when are you leaving DLR Stacie? Our travel plans have changed thanks to the Star Tours Preview that comes complete with Blockout passes and so we are heading to the OC sooner than we were originally.

Wow. I'm finally all caught up! Jury duty sucked. The case wasn't terribly interesting (misdemeanor DUI for prescription drugs)- guy hit a parked car. The DA couldn't prove even CLOSE to beyond reasonable doubt that he was impaired and the second condition of a DUI charge is that you have to find that they not only drove while impaired, but did so with wrongful intent. Um, they never even approached his intent. It was a colossal waste of time and taxpayer money. Worst part? One of the jurors was DEAD SET on voting guilty. Didn't matter that they didn't prove ANY of the charge, he was arrested and had taken a pill THE NIGHT BEFORE (the accident happened close to noon the next day!), so he was GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. We deliberated for almost TWO FULL DAYS because of her. ARGH!

Cat has a staph infection this time. We have no idea how she keeps getting these (the last one was e coli), but the vet says it could be stress related. Are you kidding me? The cat sleeps 20 hours a day. WHAT STRESS?! So she is on an antibiotic for 30 days which cost $90. On top of the $400 for the office visits and lab work. Bleh.

Wanna hear a "this really sucks" 6th grade sob story? My family moved in April of my 6th grade year. Not only did I miss out on the camping trip and the graduation, but I started a new school where I knew NO ONE in a middle school. Suckity suck sucked! Oh, and to rub salt in the wound, my sister was in kindergarten that year and our old school didn't do anything for the "graduation" from K to 1st, but her new school had a ceremony and a big party and it was a really big deal. So she got 2 elementary graduation ceremonies and I got NONE. Bah. I hate school. LOL

Nothing new going on here. Gearing up for Convention in (eek) 55 days! DH & I celebrated 18 years of "wedded bliss" this weekend with a dinner at Red Lobster. Mmmmmm.... snow crab! Our niece and nephew had their 4th birthday this weekend and their party was Saturday down in San Jose. It was fun, but COLD! It was supposed to be a pool party. That didn't happen! LOL

The sun is FINALLY back and I am grilling burgers for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Thanks everyone, my hip is getting better. Probably 80% today and I hope it's up to 100% after my next Chiropractor adjustment on Friday.

It better be improved since we've got a busy weekend planned. We're making the 2 hour trek to Phoenix to see Mamma Mia at the ASU Gammage Theater. They host the Broadway Across America tour like the Pantages in LA. It's our final show of the 2010-2011 season ticket package. We've really enjoyed the shows this season.

...The Lion King are my two all time favorite Disney movies. Nothing has compared to them since, imo.
I really enjoyed the Lion King too, Beth. We'll be in LV to see The Lion King at the Mandalay Bay next week to celebrate our anniversary. I won a package with 2 nights at the MB and 2 tickets to see TLK. We're both pretty excited about it! :yay:

Lisa: Good luck with the convention! It's getting so close.

My BFF and her 9 year old DS (he'll be 10 for the race) have both decided to do a Disney race in 2012. It's a small one, the Tinkerbell Family 5k, but it's a start. I had a previous commitment for that Sunday, so I couldn't do the Tinkerbell Half anyway.

Like several of my fellow Divas, I was selected for the Star Tours Annual Passholder Preview Event. Sadly, I cannot attend. :sad2: It sounds like it will be a blast. We even had our Star Tours passports all printed out. For those of you that are attending, be sure to print out and bring your own Star Tours passports so the CMs can stamp them after you ride.

The sun is FINALLY back and I am grilling burgers for dinner tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Lisa, glad jury duty is finally over for you. Sorry about kitty though. That sucks. My kids want a kitten and we actually went to look at some the other day, but reading your post reminds me I'd better not. I could not afford to spend that kind of money if the poor dear fell ill for some reason. :sad2:

Happy Anniversary to you! Would you believe I've never been to a Red Lobster. But that makes sense since I hate seafood. I've heard they have awesome cheddar biscuits though.

Enjoy your burgers. Now I have a craving for one.

It better be improved since we've got a busy weekend planned. We're making the 2 hour trek to Phoenix to see Mamma Mia at the ASU Gammage Theater.

I really enjoyed the Lion King too, Beth. We'll be in LV to see The Lion King at the Mandalay Bay next week to celebrate our anniversary. I won a package with 2 nights at the MB and 2 tickets to see TLK. We're both pretty excited about it! :yay:
Glad to hear your hip is on the mend! :hug:

I love Mamma Mia. We saw it when it was here at Mandalay Bay. So much fun. My girls and I all went to see the movie when it was in theaters. I wish I'd taken them to the play.

Lion King is wonderful! You will love it. I've seen it three times now. The first time Ruben and I bought tickets for our anniversary, the second we got free tickets through a locals deal, and the last time was with some of the Divas who came out to Vegas. :goodvibes
Very cool that you won it, and a stay at MB! I never win anything. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

:goodvibes Evening all.

Hope your all well, just was checking in while I had one free moment. I have not been around much and feel like I have missed a lot on this thread but life is just nuts right now and finding computer time is really hard to do these days.

We had 2 pipes break and ruin 2 rooms, so we are in the process of bidding out contrators to replace all the sub flooring, walls, etc, if it is not one thing, it is something else.

Anywho, I wish I could beam myself to disneyland right now, would make me so darn happy.

I hope your all well, still planning to come on the trip, so I got to find some extra time to get to know you all better. :goodvibes

Lisacat, seems there is always one on the jury that wants to make a statement. I did not realize vote had to be 12-0. Thought it was just majority. I see where your DUI/DWI laws are very different then here. Driving under influence auto implies to the negative.

Hope your service time is over for now. But you know the rule of averages -- you are going to get summoned again :)---so get ready :).

Oh ya make the family continue calling you madame. (like madame juror).

Have a good evening

Patty

I don't think that they are due out until towards the end of June.

There is also AP only merchandise (pins, collector coins, etc) that goes on sale starting on May 31st. We will still be there at that point, so let me know if there is something you want.

On the other hand, I will probably be asking one of our locals (oh Cheryl, do you here me calling your name) to see if they can pick up the Vinylmation for me once it comes out.

BTW, when are you leaving DLR Stacie? Our travel plans have changed thanks to the Star Tours Preview that comes complete with Blockout passes and so we are heading to the OC sooner than we were originally.

We'll be in the park Thursday, May 26, and then on Saturday, May 28, sometime between 4-8pm. Christine graduates that morning at 9am, then we're going out to lunch and trying to get to DL around 6pm. Then we get to drive home on Sunday. We might go to the park on Friday, just not sure yet, depends on how the packing goes before then. She has to have all her stuff moved out by 10am on Sunday. When will you be there?

Good afternoon ladies!

We're having a beautiful, warm day here today which is a very welcome break from the rain. The kids have a half day and I don't work until 5 so it's a lazy day around here. Brad and I went into Vancouver last night to see Kid Rock and had a great time. Definitely good people watching:) Tomorrow we're going to Seattle to see Mary Poppins.

I've been seriously addicted to this website www.pinterest.com basically it's a bulletin board where people post pictures they love. There's recipes, home decorating ideas and tons of crafts. I remember seeing Jen's wreaths she made not long ago and thought of her when I saw this wreath
wreath-1.jpg

Great day, huh! It is supposed to get even better by friday. I am heading to see Mary Poppins on Saturday and taking my DS.

Hi everyone! How is it going? I just got back from Hawaii last saturday. It was a lot of fun but the weather wasn't great. Oh well, it was a week off work with my family so I can't complain.

Has any planning been going on? I am hoping to go this year but won't know for sure until much closer to the dates.

Take care!

SarahMay

Morning everyone.

Lisa I am sure you are glad you are done with Jury duty! Sounds like a crazy scenario.

Kathy congrats on your race. Hope your hip feels better!!

Amy that is a bummer about your pipes breaking. I hope you get it all squared away soon!!

I don't really have any interest in the vinylmations either but I do like that LM one and I would def buy one of those if I saw it. I wonder if they will be there when we are there. We will be there till the 17th. I will def have to look for one. Will they be ones that you can actually SEE or are they the "hidden" ones? I am hoping to get a couple pins that represent the openings of LM and ST since they are opening on my birthday. I thought it would be a cool momento if they had the date and a fun collectible. And I figure I better get whatever AP stuff I can since I won't be renewing my AP until the next time we take a trip which at this point I don't know when that will be :(

Sara I saw your pics on FB of your trip. Looked like so much fun!!! I have only been to Hawaii once in my early twenties and then I was sick almost the entire time so I didn't really get to see much. I want to go back SO badly! Loved all your pics!!

Anyway today I just have more running around to do and more lovely laundry (never ending LOL) and otherwise we are just getting amped up for our first meet this saturday. Going to be an EARLY day since it is a ways a way and we have to check in by 6:30 so that means we will have to be up by 5 if not earlier. Almost seems like a SIN to have to get up that dang early on a Sat!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a good day!

I didn't get an email either and I *know* I entered, so I guess if you didn't win, you didn't hear anything!

I think there was a contest through the Disney Blog and that's the one that send an email either way. I only picked one day/time slot so that's probably why I didn't get picked.

Good morning, ladies! I woke up way too early this morning, but the benefit of that is I was able to get lots done around the house. It's nice to be able to sit back now knowing it's already taken care of. :)
And even nicer knowing tomorrow is Friday! :cool1:

Hope you all have a great day. And remember, sign ups for the summer exchange are still taking place all week! Come on.....you know you wanna join in!!! Who doesn't want a box filled with fun summer goodies and surprises to kick off summer break? :sunny: Especially for the kids. :thumbsup2

Anywho, I wish I could beam myself to disneyland right now, would make me so darn happy.
I often wish that! Wouldn't that be nice to be able to do anytime we wanted.
Sorry to hear you are still dealing with the after effects of the broken pipes. Ugh.

Great day, huh! It is supposed to get even better by friday. I am heading to see Mary Poppins on Saturday and taking my DS.
Fun! Have a great time. Oh, and I loved all your Hawaii pics on FB. You look great, as always! :hug:

We'll be in the park Thursday, May 26, and then on Saturday, May 28, sometime between 4-8pm. Christine graduates that morning at 9am, then we're going out to lunch and trying to get to DL around 6pm. Then we get to drive home on Sunday. We might go to the park on Friday, just not sure yet, depends on how the packing goes before then. She has to have all her stuff moved out by 10am on Sunday. When will you be there?

We will just miss you! We are arriving in the OC on Saturday, but we are spending the day in Irvine before moving to Anaheim on Sunday. We are taking Ty to Pretend City. Has anyone with little ones ever been there?

Howdy all :wave:! Just stopping by real quick while I have a minute.

we are spending the day in Irvine before moving to Anaheim on Sunday. We are taking Ty to Pretend City. Has anyone with little ones ever been there?

I've never heard of it, but it looks cute. You'll have to let me know how you liked it :).

I usually take Laila to Kids Space museum in Pasadena. It's not to far from my house & it's in a beautiful area. It's right across the street from the Rose Bowl. When I took her a few days after Christmas, we were able to see volunteers working on the Rose Parade floats. It was pretty cool & she got excited when she saw some of the floats on TV!

Do any of you have a Kindle or Nook or other e-reader? I'm looking into buying one but I really know nothing about them so i don't know which would be better.

Sarah I know Vicki has one and I haven't seen her on this thread in awhile so you might want to ask her on FB. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter