Diva & 27th Anniv Trip w/1500+ Pics, Photopass starts #765!!

I will make a decision soon....going to try and get my sister to go with me so that I can have someone familiar to room with...plus her and I have similar interests when it comes to Disney so I know we can both enjoy it at the same pace.....and still meet up with the other women when needed...I will talk to her soon and see what she says!

I will make a decision soon....going to try and get my sister to go with me so that I can have someone familiar to room with...plus her and I have similar interests when it comes to Disney so I know we can both enjoy it at the same pace.....and still meet up with the other women when needed...I will talk to her soon and see what she says!

studsmatta.gif
Sweet!! :woohoo:

Laurie,

Love your PTR! You have such a way with words, and the pictures are perfect!:goodvibes

Cathy, I hope your Sis can come along! :thumbsup2

If any other ladies are lurking here and want to come along, it's not too late. :cool1: Come and check out our thread to get more details. We do have a ton of fun. This will be my fourth year to make it, and I wouldn't miss it now. :grouphug:

Laurie, thanks again for this thread. Looking forward to more! :flower3:

Laurie,

Love your PTR! You have such a way with words, and the pictures are perfect!:goodvibes

Cathy, I hope your Sis can come along! :thumbsup2

If any other ladies are lurking here and want to come along, it's not too late. :cool1: Come and check out our thread to get more details. We do have a ton of fun. This will be my fourth year to make it, and I wouldn't miss it now. :grouphug:

Laurie, thanks again for this thread. Looking forward to more! :flower3:

Hooray!!! Another reader!! :woohoo: It's true.....it's not too late to join in on the fun!!

It's exciting to see at PTR for the Diva's trip!! :thumbsup2 The Luau will be soo fun and I am looking forward to having the party at the Carousel. We stayed there a couple of years ago and the beds were soo comfy! Perfect end to a long day at the parks!

It's exciting to see at PTR for the Diva's trip!! :thumbsup2 The Luau will be soo fun and I am looking forward to having the party at the Carousel. We stayed there a couple of years ago and the beds were soo comfy! Perfect end to a long day at the parks!

I'm excited for the luau as well....it will finally be nice to meet everyone in person!! I'm also glad to hear from someone that has stayed at the Carousel......the rooms look very nice & if the beds are as comfortable as the ones at the HoJo.....I'll be one very happy girl!!

I'm not much help with the fear of flying but I've flown Southwest a lot. They are my favourite airline. We drive from Vancouver, BC to Seattle to fly with them. They're not perfect but they have been quick to follow up.

Fare on Southwest change often, so if you see a good fare, book it. When you are selecting the flight, choose one that says "no plane change", then you won't have to worry about connecting flights and running through airports.

Last year we booked our flights and about a week later the fares dropped. I phoned Southwest and they gave us a credit for the difference. They wont give you cash back, but you do get a credit for Southwest, it's valid for a year. (although if you don't fly much the credit won't be any good to you).

24 hours before your flight, you will be able to go online and check in. Southwest don't assign seats just a boarding category A,B or C. You choose your own seat. We normally end up with B boarding, and have been able to get good seats.

The morning of your flight allow yourself plenty of time at the airport, it will help with the anxiety. We normally get to the airport about 2 -3 hours before our flights. I know that's extreme and to much for most travelers. But then we don't get fidgeting at the lineups for bag checks and security. Once all the official stuff is out of the way. We grab a drink (coffee for DH, hot chocolate for me), find a seat at our gate (usually on the floor) and read.

Tell the flight attendant that you are afraid to fly. Don't be embarrassed, they'd prefer to know ahead of time. Choose a seat in the middle or front of the plane. The back is louder and you feel any movement more. Also it's where the bathrooms and galley are so can be very crowded.

I'm looking forward to reading more about the Diva's trip.

Rachael, thank you so much!!! I really think if I fly it will be with Southwest....one the fares seemed ok & two, it will be nice knowing I won't have to pay for the suitcase!! Good tips on where to sit....I was unaware that being in the back would be different than anywhere else on the plane. The less noise & turbulence I feel.....the better!! :hug:

I can't believe I'm at 100 DAYS!!!!

Right now, the planning is signing up for meals, the Meet-n-Greet, Scavenger Hunt & Tours. Meal choices are: Celebration BBQ, Pacific Wharf, Napa Rose, Carnation Cafe (breakfast or lunch), Cafe Orleans (lunch or dinner), River Belle Terrace (breakfast, lunch or dinner) Rancho del Zocola, World of Color dining (picnic, Ariel's or Wine Country Trattoria) & Fantasmic Dessert Seating.

I'm interested in most of the choices, so it will depend on which day & meal they do these. Love the BBQ, we did that this summer & it is really good!!

6703.jpg

Pacific Wharf is nice but could pass on this meal.
Napa Rose is something I've wanted to try.....but am passing on this so I can experience it for the first time with my hubby!

Carnation Cafe is a breakfast favorite of mine....so if they decide to do the breakfast, I will sign up for it.

3013.jpg

I also love the gumbo & Monte Cristo's at Cafe Orleans....so I know this one will be one I attend at either the lunch or dinner time!!!

7427.jpg

7431.jpg

My family also likes the breakfast at River Belle Terrace.....but my older sons have had dinner there & thought it was very good!!! So I'll be open on this one for any meal.

I've only had Rancho del Zocola once & wasn't impressed.....but I continue to hear good reviews, that I would be willing to try it again......Mexican food is my favorite food!!

World of Color is a fabulous show that I can't wait to see again!! We did the Ariel's Grotto Dining Package & it was soooooo worth it. Best meal we had all trip!! I know a number of the ladies are wanting to do the picnic & now there is talk about watching from the GCH balcony. So not sure what the majority of the group will chose, but I think I'm gonna stick with Ariel's.

1207.jpg

1208.jpg

1300.jpg

I'm also interested in doing the Fantasmic Dessert Seating......I've done this before & found it a great way to watch the show!! So I will be signing up for this again.

I'm obviously signed up for the Meet-n-Greet since I'm on the committee....but looking forward to meeting so many of these gals in person that evening!!

I'm also signed up for the Scavenger Hunt. It sounds like fun......hopefully I'll be on a team with some experienced hunters.....lol

I'm gonna pass on the tours.....I've done the Welcome to Disneyland tour & Walk in Walt's Footsteps....both tours very good, but don't feel the need to repeat them......yet! The other tour they've done in the past is the Segway Tour.....but I'm not sure I'm that talented....... :lmao:

So those are things being decided on right now. We're also deciding on shirts, colors, days, etc. When something is decided I will post that news!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

I can't believe I'm in single digits!! :cool1: Thanksgiving was nice & quiet but very delicious & I've already got my house decorated for Christmas......just no tree yet...a little early for that. My hope this year is to do a Disney tree. Unfortunately, the ornaments are sooooooo expensive!! I have about 15 ornaments right now.....so will have to keep my eye out for specials.

How many of you braved the Black Friday shopping??? Not me......took my kid to work one year & couldn't believe the masses of people outside the store because it was too full to go in.....thanx but no thanx. I have yet to see a deal worth losing sleep over & fighting with every person in town for. For those that went.....I hope it was successful & stress-free!!!

Feel free to comment.....I see I have readers.....just not many talkers......come on in & chat.....would love to have ya!!!

I'm glad you want to do WOC meal....count me in. I'm sure there are others. Didn't sound like there was enough room for all of us on the balcony at GCH!
For the most part, sounds like we can hang alot, we both seem to want the same things! Go figure, huh?! Once you get your ticket, let me know. I might be able to pick u up.
I do like Rancho. I like the cheese enchilladas plate and my DH loves the burritos. Hopefully you'll enjoy it this time around a bit more. Or, you can always pick up a corn dog or something at the ice cream shoppe and bring it over to Rancho! It's really nice to be able to connect with people before the meet and greet.
I did go black friday shopping. You know Zoe and her Jack obsession...was able to get a hoodie, tshirt, ornament and a blanket for her with Jack, plus a xmas pooh bear for Ethan all for $42 at Disney Store. Got a few other things at other places, but that was my only "must do", sales plus an extra 20% off! Whoo hoo.
We have a fake tree and have a holiday tradition of having a party the day after thanksgiving and putting the tree up. This year we did it Sunday instead, as we were going to be out of town. My tree was a Disney tree for years, when the kids came along, I added a second tree for all of the ornaments the kids got or made. That tree "died" so they're all on our regular tree. I got alot of the ornaments all over the place. Very few were Disney purchases. You can get them at WalMart, walgreens, and the seasonal stores for a pretty good price overall.

What type of WOC meal were you guys thinking of? My mom and I kinda wanted to do Ariel's but I don't think too many other people want to. :confused3

Never mind...I read too fast. We also would like to do Ariel's WOC meal. We have never eaten there or done a Character Meal.

I'm glad you want to do WOC meal....count me in. I'm sure there are others. Didn't sound like there was enough room for all of us on the balcony at GCH!
For the most part, sounds like we can hang alot, we both seem to want the same things! Go figure, huh?! Once you get your ticket, let me know. I might be able to pick u up.
I do like Rancho. I like the cheese enchilladas plate and my DH loves the burritos. Hopefully you'll enjoy it this time around a bit more. Or, you can always pick up a corn dog or something at the ice cream shoppe and bring it over to Rancho! It's really nice to be able to connect with people before the meet and greet.
I did go black friday shopping. You know Zoe and her Jack obsession...was able to get a hoodie, tshirt, ornament and a blanket for her with Jack, plus a xmas pooh bear for Ethan all for $42 at Disney Store. Got a few other things at other places, but that was my only "must do", sales plus an extra 20% off! Whoo hoo.
We have a fake tree and have a holiday tradition of having a party the day after thanksgiving and putting the tree up. This year we did it Sunday instead, as we were going to be out of town. My tree was a Disney tree for years, when the kids came along, I added a second tree for all of the ornaments the kids got or made. That tree "died" so they're all on our regular tree. I got alot of the ornaments all over the place. Very few were Disney purchases. You can get them at WalMart, walgreens, and the seasonal stores for a pretty good price overall.

Michelle I'll let you know flight times when I get that bought......the one I'm looking at comes in around 9:30am on Thursday & leaves late afternoon on Monday.
You're brave doing the Black Friday thing.......usually in the years past, we were flat broke anyways....so never got into doing it......the last couple years I had a bit of money but so not worth it to me to fight traffic & that many people.......my luck I'd have a huge panic attack in the middle of it all!!

I did go to the Disney Store today & got a tree topper & 35 ornaments for the tree!!! :cool1: I'm super excited to get our tree (but have to wait since we get a real one).......we put it up about the 2nd week of Dec & keep it up until Jan 1. I did pick up a few ornaments else where & have a total of 42 ornaments plus two sets of 5 or 6 I got last year in the stocking exchange!!

What type of WOC meal were you guys thinking of? My mom and I kinda wanted to do Ariel's but I don't think too many other people want to. :confused3

Never mind...I read too fast. We also would like to do Ariel's WOC meal. We have never eaten there or done a Character Meal.

Ariel's was sooooooo good!!! You'll have to join us.....best meal last trip by far!! When we get closer we should plan on going together & one of us can reserve for the group of us!!

I'm always up for a character meal......LOVE them!!! We could surely chose one to go to!!

Here's my Tree Topper & Ornaments!! I'm so excited to finally be doing a Disney tree!! :cool1:

ornaments001.jpg

ornaments017.jpg

ornaments003.jpg

ornaments004.jpg

ornaments005.jpg

ornaments006.jpg

ornaments007.jpg

ornaments009.jpg

ornaments010.jpg

ornaments011.jpg

ornaments012.jpg

ornaments013.jpg

ornaments014.jpg

ornaments015.jpg

ornaments016.jpg

:banana:

I love your ornaments!! My tree is becoming very disney.. I get a couple of new ornaments each year so my collection is slooowly growing. My sister bought me a pooh tree topper and skirt with our name on it and that started it...

I love your ornaments!! My tree is becoming very disney.. I get a couple of new ornaments each year so my collection is slooowly growing. My sister bought me a pooh tree topper and skirt with our name on it and that started it...

Every year I talk about wanting a Disney tree......finally I put my foot down & made it happen!!! I did look at the Disney tree skirt....but decided a piece of fabric that will disappear under the presents wasn't worth $60 !!! :scared1:

Would love to see a pic of your tree when it's up & decorated!!

So I got my Disney tree up......it needs a few more ornaments but will do for my first one. Glad I went with the small tree!!

This is our small tree in our bedroom.....I decorated it with keychains & few other Disney things I had:

Dec10016.jpg

Dec10017.jpg

Here's my fresh cut Disney tree in my living room........everyone loves it!!

Dec10010.jpg

Dec10012.jpg

Dec10011.jpg

Dec10028.jpg

Dec10027.jpg

Dec10019.jpg

Dec10029.jpg

In different news......Michayla went up for her nap yesterday (and there is a baby monitor in her room), I have no idea what she did.....but she came down with a huge goose egg by her left eye & has quite the shiner today. Michayla doesn't tend to feel (or process) pain like most of us.....so no screaming or crying to let me know she got hurt. Really scary to see that kind of injury & have no clue when or what she did. Poor little lamby!!

Dec10.jpg

Dec10024.jpg

Dec10023.jpg

(excuse the crusty nose......it's either crusty or running......ewwww)

We also had a big scare with our 5 yr old, Addy......after school she took off in front of Anthony & at the crossing.....she saw the crossing guard on the side street & thought it was safe to go & she ran out on the main street & came within inches of the grill of a truck! We thank God, that the lady driving was paying attention & was able to stop in time. Addy's angel :littleangel: was working overtime yesterday!!! She was pretty shook up....but so were the rest of us. Remember to hug your kids every day & tell them you love them!!!

Wow, I am sorry to hear about that near-accident...how terrifying!! :(

I've seen some of your Trip Reports before, and your family looks very happy and loving. I'm sure you will do just fine on your upcoming solo trip! All the DIS girls will be there to greet you with loving arms.

Congratulations on facing your fear of flying, by the way. I'm terrified of it..or being anywhere when I am trapped or lack free will. I won't get on a plane, boat, elevator, or most Disneyland rides...:sad1:

So what are you all planning instead of the candy bar from last year? The pic you posted looks awesome...candy overload, hehe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter