Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to review your listing to see if it is correct, and let me know if you have any changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:thumbsup2

My YC dates are correct, my Portofino Bay dates are 5/20 - 5/23. I'm also super happy that my son who is active duty Army is going to be able to join me for a few days that weekend at Portofino Bay. :)

I’ll keep it simple. 1 mile or about a 20 minute leisurely walk.

I‘ll make it more complex. Exit BCVs main lobby, left out the door, first left to path that goes by the BC resort. Follow path until you hit the crescent lake path. Head towards BW. Take a left just past the green, go past wyland galleries. Quick right past the health club and arcade towards the BW pool. Bear left around the pool and you‘ll run into the path to HS. You can’t miss the path otherwise you’ll be in the canal.
10 minute walk to this point and another 10 minutes once you reach the path!

I regularly did it in 15 but that’s with New Yorker walking. It was a fun game to see how fast I could do it and I got a kick out of zooming past people in the morning. But I’m easily amused lol

I regularly did it in 15 but that’s with New Yorker walking. It was a fun game to see how fast I could do it and I got a kick out of zooming past people in the morning. But I’m easily amused lol
I’m always sort of a mixture of appalled (at myself for my apparent lack of fitness) and amazed by the amount and variety of people that are able to speedily pass me on the way to the park. My poor family—we do not split up—and I’m definitely the caboose feeling all my 45 years 😂. I thought I was in shape until I walked to a Disney Park at rope drop, lol.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to review your listing to see if it is correct, and let me know if you have any changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:thumbsup2

My March trip has been cancelled. Not by me, but by the government and the airlines. Works out to the same sad result, though. Going to try again in May hopefully. Or June. Or July. Someday.

We are staying at BCV 5/05-5/08. I’m planning on MK as our first park day. How have the busses been from BCV to MK? Any recommendations?
We took the MK bus from the BC this past Thursday and we had to wait about 20 minutes for it, but we had arrived 65 minutes before park opening, which might have made a difference. We had taken the MK bus from the BC stop back in October and January with very little wait.

We have taken park buses from both the Yacht Club and the Beach Club our last three trips and the Yacht Club has a much better line system than the Beach Club. The Yacht Club has clearly marked lines for the Magic Kingdom bus and the Animal Kingdom bus with "stand here" markers on the ground, spaced at least 6 feet apart. The Beach Club doesn't have any markers on the ground. It is the same old system of everyone bunching together, trying the keep some sort of line and frowning at people who cut ahead of you. I wish the Beach Club would adopt the system that the Yacht Club uses.

We are staying at Yacht Club May 10-15 in a Garden or Woods view room. We decided to bite the bullet and go big. My sister was not feeling Movies at all. LOL. I’ve stayed at Beach Club before, but never Yacht. I am excited. Can someone tell me about the showers? Some pictures, I see a shower and tub combination but some pictures are like walk-in showers?

We are staying at Yacht Club May 10-15 in a Garden or Woods view room. We decided to bite the bullet and go big. My sister was not feeling Movies at all. LOL. I’ve stayed at Beach Club before, but never Yacht. I am excited. Can someone tell me about the showers? Some pictures, I see a shower and tub combination but some pictures are like walk-in showers?
Some rooms have a full shower and some rooms have the tub/shower combination. We have had rooms with both types. All of them have the sliding glass doors with both wand and rain shower heads, which is nice. :)

I’ll keep it simple. 1 mile or about a 20 minute leisurely walk.

I‘ll make it more complex. Exit BCVs main lobby, left out the door, first left to path that goes by the BC resort. Follow path until you hit the crescent lake path. Head towards BW. Take a left just past the green, go past wyland galleries. Quick right past the health club and arcade towards the BW pool. Bear left around the pool and you‘ll run into the path to HS. You can’t miss the path otherwise you’ll be in the canal.
10 minute walk to this point and another 10 minutes once you reach the path!

Thank you! I have saved directions in my notes.

Hello all you lovely people! We will be staying at BC for the second half of our split stay 02/09-02/16 2022. It's our first time staying there and I've never done a split stay before either. I'm really looking forward to reading through these posts and learning all there is to know about YC & BC! I've already learned a ton from the recent posts regarding walking to HS vs buses, boats, and skyliner. :)

Hi everyone! Our June trip ( June 8 - 15) was booked at the Poly, but since it'll still be closed for refurb, we took advantage of the summer promo and switched over to the Yacht Club! I loved my solo stay but it will be the first time there for the rest of the family. My kids have been wanting to try out Stormalong Bay since the first time they saw it...they're 15 and 17 now, but better late than never, LOL!! They love the Poly but were receptive to the switch b/c they knew they could finally get in that pool! (and my 15 year old just likes being able to walk to Japan any time he wants, haha)

I’m looking forward to my first deluxe stay at Yacht Club. After the past year, we decided to splurge. We booked a Garden View room. I’ve noticed that some rooms have the couch and some don’t. Since we are three adults, we don’t need the extra bed. Is it likely that we wouldn’t get one? I just don’t know how many rooms there are without the sofa.

Since we are three adults, we don’t need the extra bed. Is it likely that we wouldn’t get one? I just don’t know how many rooms there are without the sofa.
Did you mean to say that you "don't" need the 3rd sleeping surface? If you don't need it not sure why you care about how many rooms have a day bed.

Dave

Did you mean to say that you "don't" need the 3rd sleeping surface? If you don't need it not sure why you care about how many rooms have a day bed.

Dave

That’s right. We don’t need it. The only reason I ask is because we will likely have a scooter and there seems to be more room for one in rooms without a daybed.

Great then just call to add a request to your reservation for a queen room without a day bed and mention you will have a scooter as the reason.

But as a note there are a couple of rooms in both the YC and the BC that don't have a day bed due to the room being slightly smaller due to location in the building and architecture features at the balcony.

Dave

Staying at BCV in June, renting points. First time at a deluxe - decided to upgrade after having to cancel last years trip. We wanted to do surrey bikes around the boardwalk last year until plans were canned. Are the surrey bikes available at BW currently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter