Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Speaking of cabanas, what is the likelihood of a cabana being canceled for our trip at the beginning of April? Currently they are all booked up, but hoping we might get lucky (though I also recognize this is bumping up to spring break / Easter)! Has anyone had luck in booking a cabana that was previously booked (i.e., you tried booking but not availability but called back and it was then available)?
Not sure if this will work for your dates, but two days ago I called to check if there were any cabana cancellations and #4 was available on April 8. No idea if it's still open to book now.
(Still hoping for a cancellation on 4/4 through 4/7)

It looks like they are leaving the ugly planter and the brickwork around the plaza in place. The stairs are still there. I know that the area forms a big lake when it rains really hard, so I would think that some drainage would be good.

Makes sense. I am always amazed at how poorly they designed drainage (or actually, didn’t design) drainage areas considering the weather in central Florida.

From what I have been told and experienced in recent cabana bookings, the AP/DVC discount has blackout dates. It may be most or all weekends at this point, I’m not sure. Definitely holidays. I am somewhat suspect if it has been removed altogether - will report if I find anything different in upcoming bookings.

We reserved a cabana and the cm gave me a confirmation number. She said it would show up in my disney experience but the reservation never has??? Should I call to confirm the cm booked me right or was she missed informed that the reservation would show up in MDE?

Mine never showed up in MDE either. I ended up calling to confirm and was told 'Yes, I had a reservation and I could put in MDE myself.' I never did figure out how to do that though. Each option to put in a reservation # didn't work.

So to answer your question, she seems misinformed about it showing on MDE because mine didn't either and I still have a reservation.

Mine never showed up in MDE either. I ended up calling to confirm and was told 'Yes, I had a reservation and I could put in MDE myself.' I never did figure out how to do that though. Each option to put in a reservation # didn't work.

So to answer your question, she seems misinformed about it showing on MDE because mine didn't either and I still have a reservation.
There is a way to add a "note" on your reservations in MDE. It's a blue box that sez ADD more plans, then a drop down and at the bottom is notes.

We reserved a cabana and the cm gave me a confirmation number. She said it would show up in my disney experience but the reservation never has??? Should I call to confirm the cm booked me right or was she missed informed that the reservation would show up in MDE?
We’ve rented a cabana at Stormalong Bay twice. Once it showed up in MDE and once it didn’t. But both times the reservation was valid and no issue on the day of. Enjoy your cabana!

Not sure if this will work for your dates, but two days ago I called to check if there were any cabana cancellations and #4 was available on April 8. No idea if it's still open to book now.
(Still hoping for a cancellation on 4/4 through 4/7)

Aw - thanks so much for the head's up! Looks like we will just miss each other. I am looking for a cabana between 31-March and 3-April. But that gives me hope that maybe there will be another cancelation! At least we won't be competing for it! :)

Just to follow up with this I called and the CM said any reservation that you can NOT book online on MDE will not show up in your plans on MDE also you can no longer get pass holder discounts for cabanas and my cost was 318 for a full day for a saturday in May hope that helps someone else

Thanks for the information. Was it hard to get a reservation? Planning on reserving one in May, our 60 day booking window hasn't opened yet, but I've been curious about how hard it is to get one. Thanks!

I’m pretty proud of myself right now. Trying to convince my DH to book another trip before we renew our APs, I gave him the amt we paid for our APs, the cost if we would’ve bought tickets, plus the amt of trips (days) we’ve gone, equally out to amt we would’ve paid thereby saving with more trips. None of these calculations factored in our resorts, foods, etc., of course, because that would be counterproductive. I like to call this Disney math, where I’ve somehow convince my DH we save money by going more. :p
He booked us again at the YC for May16-22.:flower:

I’m pretty proud of myself right now. Trying to convince my DH to book another trip before we renew our APs, I gave him the amt we paid for our APs, the cost if we would’ve bought tickets, plus the amt of trips (days) we’ve gone, equally out to amt we would’ve paid thereby saving with more trips. None of these calculations factored in our resorts, foods, etc., of course, because that would be counterproductive. I like to call this Disney math, where I’ve somehow convince my DH we save money by going more. :p
He booked us again at the YC for May16-22.:flower:
And no powerpoint slides needed? :teacher: I'm impressed!

Besides movies, what other activities does YC offer for kids. Does anyone have a sample schedule? Are boat rentals still happening? (I think the answer is no but doesn't hurt to ask!)

None of these calculations factored in our resorts, foods, etc., of course, because that would be counterproductive. I like to call this Disney math, where I’ve somehow convince my DH we save money by going more. :p
He booked us again at the YC for May16-22.
Great logic on "Disney Math" and reminded yourself and you DH that you would have to eat anywhere you were so that is a wash.

We always enjoy May visits but dislike the "love bugs" as it right in the middle of their swarm (mating) season.

Dave

Besides movies, what other activities does YC offer for kids. Does anyone have a sample schedule? Are boat rentals still happening? (I think the answer is no but doesn't hurt to ask!)
Currently, just the poolside activities from 2:30 - 7:00. Boat rentals are not happening as of now.

Thanks for the information. Was it hard to get a reservation? Planning on reserving one in May, our 60 day booking window hasn't opened yet, but I've been curious about how hard it is to get one. Thanks!

it didn’t seem to be hard to get one I made my dining online at 6am on the 60 day mark and called the 407 wdw play phone number exactly at 7am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter