Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have read some where that when staying at the BC walk to the YC to catch the bus to avoid it being full. Does anyone still recommend this when going to MK? If so what time of day is it wise to walk to the YC for the bus?

This is certainly a good idea if catching a MK bus in the morning to get to MK opening. The BC bus stop for MK can be very crowded at that time and busses typically stop at the YC for pick up first. The YC bus stop is a short walk. Walk to the YC via the route close to the building along SAB, through the YC lobby and out the front entrance to the YC bus stop.

59 more days and then I'll be checking into the YC for the 1st time! Very excited! I have always done the online checkin for my other trips and have always been happy with our rooms (well except last May at AKL where we were given a bunkbed room ... that wasn't going to work for mom whose 70+ and me 40+...but it would have been great if we had small kids with us). I have a standard room booked at YC. So I know I can't be too picky on my room options, but I'd love not to have a view of the roof...and am a bit nervous about ending up with one of the standard rooms that shares that balcony in the front of the building. I've looked at touring plans room map and it looks like most standard rooms are on the 4th floor. So wondering of the 4 selections they give me for online checkin.... ground floor, lower floor, higher floor, near elevator.....which would you guys pick? I'm Soloing it this time! Any advise as to what to select would be great.

Hmmm... interesting question.

I don't know much about the layout of the YC. I was not aware that most of the SV rooms were on the 4th floor, but I did go to the YC view thread and only saw SV room samples on the 4th and 5th (club level) floors. So, what would happen if you asked for a ground floor or lower floor room and the room assigners try to accommodate your request?

:rolleyes1

Dee Can you please add us to Be Our Guest 2017 DH and I will be taking a trip minus the kiddos! February 13-16 BCV

:welcome: back!!!

Sure thing!

:cool1:

@natebenma - please add me to the list! Just booked my first BC stay for 1/31-2/4/17! We've planned a split stay between the beach resorts, Caribbean Beach (1/27-1/31) and BC. I had never given much thought to BC before, but my TA had a pretty sweet deal on it when 2017 rates opened up today, so we went for it! This will be a first visit to WDW for my grandmother (age 70) and a first birthday celebration for my nephew. We can't wait!

:welcome:

Sounds like an awesome, multi-generational trip!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hi there - can you add me to the list? We are staying 9/17/16- 9/25/16 at the Beach Club... First time ever staying on property and I have been reading a lot of tips on this thread!

Thanks!

:welcome:

Yep, Bob! I'll add you to the list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

I have read some where that when staying at the BC walk to the YC to catch the bus to avoid it being full. Does anyone still recommend this when going to MK? If so what time of day is it wise to walk to the YC for the bus?

When we were there over the week of the 4th last year, there was only one time the bus came and was full. It was in the middle of the afternoon going to MK. This was when the buses stopped at BWI and S&D before YC/BC. I think now it's just YC & BC that share a bus, correct? In the mornings, we got to the bus stop about an hour before park opening and never had any issues.

It's official, booked both our trips yesterday!! This will be the first time that we are going sans Dining Plan, I'm a little nervous but think we will
come out ahead. I plan on buy APs :yay:and getting the TIW card so I'm thinking we will be ok. Now that our daughter will be considered a Disney Adult the price is just too much, plus her and I can share meals.

page 535-537

I suck at reading maps!

At the YC, I believe the rooms that overlook the back entrance courtyard (lakeside) and the rooms that overlook the wedding gazebo from the side (there are many) are considered garden view. The rooms in these areas would be more active than the ones in the far wing you are referencing. Unfortunately, the only map I have with view categories listed is very old, prior to rooms being classified as garden view.

:goodvibes

thank you so much!! my post wasn't exactly clear so i appreciate your reply that much more. room maps seem to be a bit of a mystery at disney resorts!
i think i will stay with original dates booked in garden view and ask for main floor, quiet, farthest away from lobby and hope i get that far wing.

It's official, booked both our trips yesterday!! This will be the first time that we are going sans Dining Plan, I'm a little nervous but think we will
come out ahead. I plan on buy APs :yay:and getting the TIW card so I'm thinking we will be ok. Now that our daughter will be considered a Disney Adult the price is just too much, plus her and I can share meals.

We stopped using the DDP and do not miss it at all. Our kids never ate all their food and it just (to us) seemed wasteful. Now that they all are Disney Adults we just pay as we go and we always come out ahead. :yay: ENJOY!

Here now. The movie is outside at the volleyball court (closer to the beach than the hotel) on the non-Solarium nights.

Oh - they have cm led games on the grass, like parachute and balls and stuff near the volleyball court at 5pm.

HTH someone.

Does this mean we can still play volleyball? We're doing a split stay at CB and YC, and from what I hear the volleyball at CB is not accessible. DH wanted a beach vacation and the kids wanted Disney, and this was our compromise. Better safe than sorry though...

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

June :cool2:

sydneysmom June
trimad22 June BC
jeremy1002 June BC
helenb June YC (after Universal)
ckmommy June 2 BCV studios
heidijanesmith June BC
maryj11 June BC
mbh106 June YC
kona65 June ??
Family B June YC
sbrown29 June BC

publix subs June 2 BCV (one night)
pld5 June 5-10 YC CL
TristiK June 5-12 YC GV
Jfsag123 June 6-12 BCV (followed by 6 nights BLT)
EasternShoreGal June 7-18 BCV
DawnMaree June 8-12 YC CL SV (after CR TPV)
sallytigger June 9-13 YC (split stay with Poly)
msdroz June 9-15 YC CL WV
mmccutche June 10-21 BC
AndersonJNJ June 11-17 YC CL
Jon84 June 14-?? BC
lhall7 June 16-23 BC SV
Amanda999 June 16-25 ??
Gaurhoth June 17-24 BC CL
deez1966 June 17-28 BC (25th Anniversary, DD 18th BD, graduation) :love:
pixie08 June 18 BC CL
disny_luvr June 18-25 BC (Twins 10th BD)
mikec442 June 18-26 YC
mamalolo June 19-21 YC CL
kraeurb June 20-26 (after US/Poly, celebrating 8th grade grad and confirmation)
zeppy68 June 22-27 BC?
RWathen June 24-July 5 (DD 16th BD)
DisDad4Life June 25-July 2 YC CL SV
Mainemama June28-July 2 YC (before beach)

July :hippie:

Danex July
Fie08 July BC CL
DIS-OH July BC
Kate0716 July YC
ellie&mattysmom July, 6 nights BC CL (split with AoA)
pas130 July 28-8/5 moved to Poly?, then HRH CL 8/5-12)

SleighBelle July 1-10 BCV
shellyb84 July 1-12 BC (all BC, all the time! DD 6th BD)
maxiesmom July 2-6 BC
BeachClub7 July 2-13 BCV
disneylovinfamilyof6 July 3-8 YC CL (2 rooms, DS 8th BD)
ixmnrs July 3-10 YC (conference)
famy27 July 4 (2 nights) BC
chasesmom1 July 4-9 BC
kate0716 July 4-12 YC CL Anniversary :love2:
SMP88 July 5-13 BC Honeymoon :love:
ChipnDaleRule July 8-29 YC
4Spen July 17-23 BC
AliceIn July 22 YC (one day, before Poly)
dis_wifey July 23-31 YC (DH Birthday)
Kansasdisneygal July 26-Aug 4 BC Honeymoon :love2:
deserrai July 23-28 YC
rlahansler July 30-Aug 5 BCV 2BR (then Universal)
Ladyfish77 end of July

August :sunny:

sarahb74 Aug BC
gemini2727 Aug
wizneather78 Aug BC
gomets Aug YC
ReluctantDisaholic Aug BC 3 nights (split with Poly/GF)
Sunshine11 Aug YC or BC?
tink228 maybe, Aug YC or BC?
chloelovesdisney Aug YC or BC?
Dariansue Aug BC
floridadream Aug BC
MmmSuite Aug BC
D.Duck Aug YC 1 night (then Sheraton Vistana)
mom_of_2 Aug BC
Elandon Aug BC (after 3 nights CR)
LorrieAnn5 Aug (moved to BWI)

DisneyYahoo Aug 6-15 BCV
BuzzyBelle Aug 7-14 BCV
bilnsheldodisney Aug 9-18 BC
mommyrosa2 Aug 10-15 BC (followed by BWI, until 8/18?)
JRoyster86 Aug 10-18 BC (1 night All Star Sports)
etail Aug 12-18 YC
wdwlver Aug 13-21 BCV
AR81 Aug 14-19 BC
HubbDave Aug 14-21 BC (split with OKW)
Lilysmom Aug 14-21 BC
Ichiban Aug 14-21 BC
bookluvingbabe Aug 15-19 BC
toasterstrudel Aug 15-22 BC
MYD714 Aug 16-24 BC
HockeyMomR Aug 17-20 BC CL
ScottMC Aug 17-22 YC (after Poly 8/15-17)
schwaa Aug 17-24 BC WV
kenly777 Aug 17-24 BC
flav Aug 17-27 BC
pd1138 Aug 17-27 BC
ah10is Aug 19-23 YC (followed by Poly 8/23-27)
Nicholmom3 Aug 19-27 BC
clambert1273 Aug 19-27 BC
zokaluse Aug 19-29 BC (after RPR 8/14, then Dream Cruise 8/29 and FL beaches)
hannahinwales Aug 19-Sept 2 YC
Sunshine11 Aug 20-27 BC
johnvideo Aug 21-27 BC
rchampagne Aug 21-27 BC
Pinkgirl Aug 21-Sept 2 2016 YC
Sarahb Aug 21-Sept 2 BC 2016 BC
rlk Aug 21-Sept 3 BCV
Gwynne Aug 22-25 BC
OurLaughingPlace Aug 22-26 BC (split with CR and POR)
KristenGoebel Aug 22-29 BC
jester Aug 22-30 BC CL
Ferrentinos Aug 23-30 BC
Pluto80 Aug 23-30 YC CL
cassiopia419 Aug 23-Sept 1 YC
MarkE83 Aug 23-Sept 2 YC
lady_hlh Aug 24-30 YC
mom_of_2 Aug 24-31 BC
gomets Aug 25-Sept 1 YC
kandb Aug 25-Sept 4 BC
momofmickey Aug 26-Sept 3 YC
dobirdsmommy Aug 26-Sept 4 BC
AspenLL Aug 27-Sept 3 BC
BattyKoda Aug 27-Sept 4 BC
WeLoveLilo05 Aug 28-Sept 4 BC
Amanda999 late Aug BC
T.O. late Aug YC (split with Poly)
ahill004 end of Aug YC

Sept :teacher:

EmmaMagsMom Labor Day
JoeyEmmaMomma Labor Day BC- no kids trip!
toystoryduo Labor Day BC
fla4fun Sept YC
todds34 Sept either YC CL or BC CL (DD's 21st BD surprise)
dizprincess717 Sept YC
manakin Sept BC
lynch34 Sept BC (maybe)

simba123 Sept 1-5 BC (DD's 13th BD)
belle1986 Sept 1-7 BC
Minnie's House Sept 3-5 BC (then 6 nights GF)
Cackyschmakers Sept 3-7 YC
tinkerbella16 Sept 3-10 BC (3 rooms)
anpeck Sept 3-10 BC (DS BD)
crazymomof4 Sept 3-12 BC WV
Rags Sept 4-11 BC
Tuptup Sept 9-11 YC
tsme Sept 10-16 BC CL
focusondisney Sept 10-17 YC CL GV
courtneybeth Sept 17-20 BC
yepbob Sept 17-25 BC
vettegirl Sept 18-20 YC CL LV (then BWI 6 nights)
kimmy85 Sept 18-23 BCV
DisneyFanJenn Sept 18-25 BC
Jing Sept 20-28 BC SV
Disneydragonfly Sept 22-29 BC CL SV
mcurrence Sept 23 (then Fantasy cruise)
hill6 Sept 28-Oct 2 BCV (30th Anniversary) :love:
beck00 Sept 28-Oct 2 BC (adults only trip)
LowesChevy Sept 28-Oct 2 BC (after Universal and BLT)
VAtink Sept 28-Oct 5 YC
Cupmom Sept 29-Oct 4 BC (with DS)
izzylovesmickey Sept 30-Oct 8 BC GV
tinkerpea Sept-Oct 2016 BC

October :hmghost:

jerseygal Oct BCV (split with BWV)
allymouse first week in Oct BCV (or BWV)
TeacherDL Oct BC
PSULion Oct 1 night (also Universal, LEGOland)
Disobsessed16 Oct YC CL
shortearthling Oct YC CL

WoodNymph Oct 1-5 BC
TeacherDL Oct 1-7 BC CL
SpaceMtnGirl Oct 1-8 BC SV
kirstenh Oct 1-8 BCV (friends at YC)
LMO429 Oct 1-8 BC
vanwoo Oct 1-13 BC 1 BR Suite
em36 Oct 2-7 BC
eloiseweenie Oct 3-7 (DD 5th BD Oct 5)
drphibes Oct 3-17 YC
DLo Oct 8-12 YC CL (50th BD)
AGoofykindagirl Oct 10-14 BC
disneydacey Oct 13-22 BCV studio (15th Anniversary) :love2:
act1980 Oct 14-28 BC
natebenma Oct 16-21 YC CL (30th Anniversary :love:)
mommyrosa2 Oct 17-19 BCV (split with CSR)
PCFriar80 Oct 20-28 BCV
Elevationist Oct 22-28 BC GV
Grandma G Oct 22-29
crazy4wdw Oct 22-29 BC
Hopefully Oct 22-29 BCV 1BR (Food & Wine)
jenjersnap Oct 22-29 BC (4th Annual BD extravaganza)
Melanie415 Oct 23-28 BCV 1BR (after BLT)
Al and Kate's Mom Oct 23-29 YC
wintotty Oct 23-Nov 1 BC
jenhum Oct 24-27 BC (split with Poly)
Nicnic Oct 24-Nov 7 BC (F&W, maybe MVMCP)
kgoodb00 Oct 25-29 BC
hamilkm Oct 25-Nov 1 BC
EasternShoreGal Oct 27-Nov 1 BCV (Wild Women trip)
DanaW Oct 28-Nov ?
Gondingl Oct 28-Nov 3 BC CL

November :squirrel:

gottalovepluto Nov BC (F&W)
rpb718 mid Nov BCV
Three Cats Nov 2016 2 weeks
mystery222184 Nov BC CL GV (split with Poly)
Phyllis1966 Nov BC (F&W)
Lilylogan Nov BC
got15 Nov YC (maybe) (10th anniversary, 40th BD)
lsbarton Nov BC
EclecticWAHM Nov 10-15 (after Hard Rock)(moved to BWV)

Gilrond Nov 2-7 YC CL
ktmo Nov 4-8 BCV 1 BR
momabaarjo Nov 4-9 BC (Girls Running Trip)
P'colaBeachBum Nov 7-10 BC
Hadjii Nov 10-16 YC CL (DSis BD)
MommaBerd Nov 11-15 BC
zemra406 Nov 11-16 BC
cocoabean1 Nov 13-21 BC CL GV (DH 60th BD)
BoatDriver Nov 15-22 BC
Lovinallthingsdisney Nov 16-23 YC CL
Family Loves Disney Nov 18-26 BC GV
ariane37 Nov 19-23 BCV (split with BWV)
dansdad Nov 19-26 YC
JediBonas Nov 20-Dec 8 BC
wdwnut61 Nov 21-28 BC
Jon84 Nov 24-Dec 8 2016 BC
ClareH37 Nov 27-Dec 3 YC CL LV
pigletgirl Nov 29-Dec 1 BCV (split with AKL KV)
rosiebean Nov 29-Dec 4 BC LV
crazedprincess Nov 29-Dec 9 BC
HomeSweetDisney Nov 30-Dec 8 BCV studio villa
pas130 end of Nov BC CL GV

December :santa:

JoeyAnyC Dec BCV 2BR
Nancyg56 Dec
cc1013 Dec BC 1BR Suite

pas130 Dec 2-4 BC CL GV (with MIL to watch DS perform in CP with Whoopi 12/3)
titansgal Dec 2-6 BC CL
mintycake Dec 2-9 BC
CynBeth Dec 2-11 YC
WoodNymph Dec 3-7 BC
garada3 Dec 3-10 BC (25th Anniversary) :love2:
debvee Dec 4-10 BC GV
mustlovecats Dec 4-11 BC CL GV
ShannyG Dec 5-12 BC CL
KerryCM Dec 6-13 BC GV
lelder Dec 13-20 BC
merrick Dec 14-21 YC
maryandtyson Dec 21-27 BC
FutureMrsF Dec 24-26 BC

Dreamin192 Jan 2017 BCV hopefully
Madame Jan 1-5 BCV (split with SSR)
PCFriar80 Jan 4-12 BCV (Half Marathon)
ZellyB Jan 5-9 BCV Goofy Challenge
beesly Jan 31-Feb 4 BC (after split with CBR)
yaksack Feb 2017
BeachClub7 Feb 13-16 BCV - no kids trip!
Lalabubbles March 10-13 BC girls trip
wdwnut61 March 10-19 BC
ClareH37 April 24-May 3 YC CL LV
saintstickets May 6-12 BCV 2BR (before cruise)
busymommy2pink May 15-23 BC (after GF 5/13-15)
merry_nbright June 2017 YC
Lalabubbles June 15-29 family trip
ChipnDaleRule July 2017 BC
CerysG mid Aug 2017 YC
Choppygirl Aug 2017 BC/YC
bluecastle Oct 2017 BCV (maybe)
DevonsDisneyMom Oct 2017 BC
TNKim Oct
jaceraden Nov 2017 BCV?

louey Sept 21-Oct 3 YC

Last edited:
June 22, 2016 Page 541

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)
We will be celebrating two events DS's 18th birthday and our 25th Wedding Anniversary 15th October 2017-27th October 2017.. Anyone have any ideas how to celebrate the 18th birthday doing something new?

We bought APs and TIW last year and have not missed DDP!! We have saved so much money eating only what we want - it's quite liberating!!! :)

We stopped using the DDP and do not miss it at all. Our kids never ate all their food and it just (to us) seemed wasteful. Now that they all are Disney Adults we just pay as we go and we always come out ahead. :yay: ENJOY!

We bought APs and TIW last year and have not missed DDP!! We have saved so much money eating only what we want - it's quite liberating!!! :)

Thanks guys!! I am pretty excited about it myself, my husband not so much. He likes having everything paid for prior to going so we don't have to worry about it, but he said he trusts my decision so we are going for it. My plan is to put $$ on a gift card based on what I think we will spend and see how we come out! Thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys!! I am pretty excited about it myself, my husband not so much. He likes having everything paid for prior to going so we don't have to worry about it, but he said he trusts my decision so we are going for it. My plan is to put $$ on a gift card based on what I think we will spend and see how we come out! Thanks for the feedback
Exactly what we did the first trip without DDP - I took gift cards totaling what the plan would have cost me. We spent surprisingly less, even doing several meals not covered by TIW (Candlelight Processional dining, for example).

Last edited:
Does this mean we can still play volleyball? We're doing a split stay at CB and YC, and from what I hear the volleyball at CB is not accessible. DH wanted a beach vacation and the kids wanted Disney, and this was our compromise. Better safe than sorry though...
The volleyball court remains open. They use it for lawn games starting at 5pm but it would be open the rest of the day. The movie on the beach is now set up next to the volleyball court, in the grass. The screen is portable so it isn't a permanent set up. You will have a lot of sand for the kids to play in at Storm Along Bay. The kids pool area is all sand, including a sandy bottom. :)

The nice thing about the TiW card is that the 20% discount applies to alcoholic beverages whereas the dining plan doesn't cover that. :)

I want to book the Beach Club Villas for the spring. Are they normally included in the discounts that come out later in the year?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I make snack bags ahead of time with granola bars,crackers,etc. kids toss one a day into their backpacks and off they go!

We are at 101 days out today, so of course it's 101 Dalmatians movie night! :)

Quick question. I read an earlier post that it's best to walk to the YC bus stop to get to MK at opening. I am really surprised they don't send BC its own bus when it's busy -- like they do at the individual All Star resorts -- do they ever do that? If not, seems kind of disappointing! Thanks.

My apologies if this is addressed in the first post, but I may have missed it! What time do the Friendship boats start running in the morning? If we want to get to DHS early for the Jedi Training registration, will the boats be running that early? We'd like to get there by 8:15am or so. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter