Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Early Morning Transportation

Lots of questions lately about how easy it is to get to the parks early- preopening or rope drop. Most sources say that early morning buses to MK start pickups at the resorts at 6:30

Here is the post I have on page 1 about early transportation. I don't have much about the boats because unless I have personal knowledge of the timing, I am hesitant to give the info

Now with the new bus boards alerting guests of arrival times, it should be easier to monitor whether you will get to a park when you want to.

Early Morning Buses - it is difficult to find definitive answers about what time the morning buses to the theme parks start and how often they arrive at the resort bus stop. One morning, I went out to the Beach Club bus stop at 6:30 to see for myself when buses came .

The buses I saw while I was there were 6:30 MK, 6:52 AK, 6:54 MK, 7:06 AK
MK opened at 9 am, AK was early EMH at 8 am
You can read about that here:
Sunday August 30 -
Bus Stop Babe

I have read some where that when staying at the BC walk to the YC to catch the bus to avoid it being full. Does anyone still recommend this when going to MK? If so what time of day is it wise to walk to the YC for the bus?

I am curious about the MK bus ? too so BC doesn't have an early bus?

Yes they have an early bus for BC, it stops at YC first . I have read that it is sometimes full by the time it gets to BC.

My apologies if this is addressed in the first post, but I may have missed it! What time do the Friendship boats start running in the morning? If we want to get to DHS early for the Jedi Training registration, will the boats be running that early? We'd like to get there by 8:15am or so. Thank you!!

My family always uses the early Extra Magic Hours when visiting the park, so my personal experiences with early morning transportation has waiting for busses or boats at 7:30 am. Our last family trip was in July 2013, so my observations are based on that.

MK- we have never had more than a 5 minute wait for a bus at this time in the morning. I think there have been times when a bus was full (from the YC) when it arrived, but there was a bus right behind. We usually make it for the opening show.

AK- waiting for the bus at 7:30, we usually arrive at AK a couple of minutes after "rope drop"

HS- We have been less successful with the boats at 7:30 for an 8 am opening. The boats do not arrive frequently (maybe every 10-15 min) because there are only a few boats that run the routes. Sometimes when the bus pulls up, it only takes a few passengers at the YC dock, leaving room to pick up passengers at S/D I suspect. We usually end up on the second boat that arrives. We are usually a few minutes late for "rope drop"

Last edited:
New bus routes were introduced for the Walt Disney World water parks, May 29, 2016.

Guests will need to take a bus to Disney Springs to get to Typhoon Lagoon from a resort. After 1:00pm, guests will need to transfer to a different bus at Disney Springs. Before 1:00, they will remain on the same bus.

For guests traveling to Blizzard Beach, they will need to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then transfer to a new bus there.

:fish:

Does anyone know if an afternoon bus still runs from the Yacht Club and the Beach Club resorts to the FRONT of EPCOT? I believe the purpose of the bus was for transport to the waterparks in the afternoon.

This is from January. Has the sign changed or does it still report the afternoon EPCOT stop?

DSCF9796 - Copy.JPG

If someone who is at the resort now or soon could find out and report back, I would appreciate it. A couple of sources of info- picture of the bus sign at the bus stop and seeing what the video bus boards list.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
hoping you all can give some insight as to the status of the 2 BR villas... we are looking to book this for next Thanksgiving 2017 and I do not see any pictures at all of the 1 king bed, and 2 queen bed configurations. I see listed here that this is a member only option, yet on Disney's website it clearly states that they offer this- so not too sure if we would be able to book this or not?? Just how many rooms are there that have this set up?? Would it be too difficult for us to get??

When DVC members book a 2 BR at BCV, we have to choose:
a) 2-Bedroom villa - 2 Queen-size Beds (the second bedroom has 2 queen size beds)
b) 2-Bedroom villa (the second bedroom has 1 queen size bed and 1 queen size sleeper sofa)
c) 2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa (the second bedroom is a studio so it has 1 queen size bed and 1 double size sleeper sofa) (it is a "lock-off" because Disney and DVC can book this as a two-bedroom or separately as a one-bedroom and a studio)

The first bedroom for all of these has a king size bed. The living room for all of these has a queen size sleeper sofa.

These are different booking categories for DVC members. They are not requests, the way people might put in a request for "close to the elevator" or "higher floor."

There are not a lot of the ones with 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom. They are very popular. While technically you might be able to book them as a cash reservation through Disney's Central Reservations Office, it is more likely that DVC members will have booked them all.

I'm not sure exactly how DVC villas at BCV become available for booking through CRO. DVC members whose home resort is BCV can book BCV at 11 months out. DVC members whose home resort is not BCV can book BCV at 7 months out.

Last edited:
Speaking of BCV renovations, anyone at this point have knowledge of approximately what percent of villas are done? :confused3Looking forward in October to seeing the renovation project!TIA!:cool1:

i think its about 2/3 complete based on what I've read
We were just there (6/7-6/18) and I think 2/3 is a little optimistic. They were finishing the first floor of the second wing-the one with numbers in the 70's but all the walls were down. They had just begun working on the 5th floor nearest the main elevators but did not block off the whole wing, just the 5th floor near the main elevator. You could still access parts of the 5th floor from the single elevator nearer to the parking lot but not from the main elevators (and they had also blocked the stairs there).

Hey all! We are staying at the Beach Club from Aug 28-Sept 3 (1st time). We have a standard room and can do online check-in in a few days. I asked my travel agent for a room with a full balcony if possible. What do you suggest for room location requests? I prefer to be away from the elevators just because of the noise in the halls. But since we have never been before, just looking for some suggestions. Thanks! :flower1:

I mentioned earlier we are hoping to include my son in our stay at the BCV studio when we travel in January. I did chat online with someone on the Disney website and asked about the occupancy changing to 5 with the refurb of the villas. I was just told that at this time they are still saying occupancy is limited to 4. I also checked with the company through whom we rented points and they told me the same. Am I wrong in thinking that they intend to change the studios to an occupancy of 5 once the refurbs are done? That's what they did at BWV isn't it? I realize only some of the studios are completed with the murphy beds, so I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in one yet with 5 people or if I just need to be patient and wait to check again on occupancy after all the refurbs are completed to see if they update that availability. Patience is not one of my virtues. :)

I mentioned earlier we are hoping to include my son in our stay at the BCV studio when we travel in January. I did chat online with someone on the Disney website and asked about the occupancy changing to 5 with the refurb of the villas. I was just told that at this time they are still saying occupancy is limited to 4. I also checked with the company through whom we rented points and they told me the same. Am I wrong in thinking that they intend to change the studios to an occupancy of 5 once the refurbs are done? That's what they did at BWV isn't it? I realize only some of the studios are completed with the murphy beds, so I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in one yet with 5 people or if I just need to be patient and wait to check again on occupancy after all the refurbs are completed to see if they update that availability. Patience is not one of my virtues. :)
They won't update the occupancy until the refurb is complete. BWV was different as they opened up the categories for bookings of 5 as each category was completed.

We were just there (6/7-6/18) and I think 2/3 is a little optimistic. They were finishing the first floor of the second wing-the one with numbers in the 70's but all the walls were down. They had just begun working on the 5th floor nearest the main elevators but did not block off the whole wing, just the 5th floor near the main elevator. You could still access parts of the 5th floor from the single elevator nearer to the parking lot but not from the main elevators (and they had also blocked the stairs there).

Good to know!

The beach is now open again! Around noon today. Still rope fence along water.

I saw people playing catch on the sand, and asked the still ever-present CM if the beach was open and she said yes. The lounge chairs are no longer stacked up to be a fence/barricade along the campfire area.
Thank you very much for the update. :beach:
I just noticed a new alert on CNN about reopening the beaches.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/23/us/or...s-reopen-alligator-caught/index.html?adkey=bn

They won't update the occupancy until the refurb is complete. BWV was different as they opened up the categories for bookings of 5 as each category was completed.

Makes sense. Thank you! Luckily we have plenty of time before our trip, so hopefully we can get him added later without difficulty.

Can I be added to the be our guest list? I've finally stopped adding days to our trip. We'll be there 9/10-9/21, club level for the first time ever. Woohoo!

I did my Beach Club online check in today :-)
I would like to be only a few minutes away from the lobby / marketplace. I was thinking that if I requested 'near elevator' that would make sense as the elevators (4 if I remember correctly) are between lobby and marketplace. Can anyone tell me if there are elevators anywhere else in the BC resort? We've stayed there a few times but don't remember seeing any other elevators. Sorry if this is already posted somewhere- there is so much great information on this site but I might have missed it. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter