Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everyone! I have so missed reading this board! I just booked 2 trips back to the World next year and I am so excited. BC was unavailable for our spring break trip so we are trying BWI for the first time and it looks fantastic. I will probably have to keep the kids from trying to get into the BC/YC pool though. lol

I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Everyone! :wave2: I am so excited we just booked our Honeymoon :love: and will be staying at the Beach Club July 26-Aug 4! I have been to WDW 3 times but have never stayed deluxe. This will be my fiancé's first time to WDW. We are so excited and have learned so much from this thread already. I guess my one concern with Beach Club is the lack of counter service choice. I have read multiple places that the marketplace is very small and not equipped well to serve 2 resorts. Can anyone calm my fears with what you do for a quick breakfast or lunch if you are around the resort? Thanks so much!!!

I'm not sure what others do, but I go to the bakery in France first thing every morning (sometimes multiple times per day :hyper:) and bring food back to my family.

So far we have Victoria and Alberts, Yachtsmen, the boat house and Fultons. We need 1 more dinner and about 3 more lunches. We like all kinds of food and will usually try anything once. I am looking for some good Epcot places to eat s we will spend about a day and a half there.

I love the Biergarten at Epcot. Okay, the food is a buffet and it's not going to knock your socks off. But the atmosphere is so much fun. We've always had a great time getting to know the other people at our table.

Sanaa is a great restaurant, too. Going to another resort can be a pain, but the food there is great and you can request a table by the window and watch the zebras and giraffes while you eat. The resort is gorgeous, too. If you plan any time at Animal Kingdom, you could take the bus from the park to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then just cab it back.

We are home from our BCV week stay. We are 3 adults & focused on the F & W festival. We had a great week. Our villa was clean & in good repair. I agree it is due for an upgrade, but I don't think folks should worry about a stay before it is done. We love BCV.
The weather was perfect. It was warm & breezy & only rained for a short time on Wednesday.
We did the World Showcase Destinations Discovered tour on Wednesday. It is a 5 hour tour & was all adults. Lunch was included at Marrakesh in Morrocco. Robert was our guide and he was terrific. We really enjoyed it.
We ate at : Yachtsman Steakhouse - terrific, Raglan Road -great, Yak & Yeti lunch -we will do again, La Hacienda - our least favorite meal of the week, Spice Road Table - really enjoyable and a great view of Illuminations, and Via Napoli - we always enjoy here.
We spent 2 days at MK, 1 day at AK & DHS & the rest of the time at EC. We found the bus transportation to be good. We never waited longer than 10 minutes.
We had a great week and I am sad to be home.

My in-laws just came back from a week stay at the Beach Club Villas in a suite in a cash stay. They LOVED it!! They travel a lot, at least four trips a year, and my FiL said it was one of the best hotels he's ever stayed in. They loved having the microwave, fridge, and toaster, so they bought cereal, milk, English muffins, and cream cheese which covered their breakfasts. My FiL is also a smoker, and he thought the smoking areas were very convenient. They had a high floor view of the Villas pool and enjoyed the area. Busses, boats, and walks were all easy transportation.

We go ourselves all the time, but they hadn't been to WDW in over 20 years. We were very glad (and relieved) that they loved it!!

Hi All!
It's been mentioned before but what are the rooms to avoid if you want to avoid hearing the boat horns at the Yacht Club? Are they also heard from any of the Beach Club rooms?
Thanks!

I made a room-only resie for the Yacht Club over the phone. I specifically told the guy that I wanted a room where I could not hear the boat horns. I can't remember what he typed in. I ended up cancelling because I was able to switch to Beach Club Villas, which is always my first choice.

I love the Biergarten at Epcot. Okay, the food is a buffet and it's not going to knock your socks off. But the atmosphere is so much fun. We've always had a great time getting to know the other people at our table.

Sanaa is a great restaurant, too. Going to another resort can be a pain, but the food there is great and you can request a table by the window and watch the zebras and giraffes while you eat. The resort is gorgeous, too. If you plan any time at Animal Kingdom, you could take the bus from the park to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then just cab it back.
And the pretzel rolls are good at Biergarten, bring ziplock Baggie :rolleyes1 not naming names lol!

Hi all! A few questions about the Yacht Club renovations:

1. Has anyone taken any photos of the Presidential suite as club lounge yet?
2. Are they expanding the size of the club lounge like they did with the beach club?
3. Has anyone posted photos of mockups or renderings of the new rooms?
4. Is there any intent to also update some of the public spaces? The "pickled wood" coloring of much of the paneling is very early 1990s.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone! :wave2: I am so excited we just booked our Honeymoon :love: and will be staying at the Beach Club July 26-Aug 4! I have been to WDW 3 times but have never stayed deluxe. This will be my fiancé's first time to WDW. We are so excited and have learned so much from this thread already. I guess my one concern with Beach Club is the lack of counter service choice. I have read multiple places that the marketplace is very small and not equipped well to serve 2 resorts. Can anyone calm my fears with what you do for a quick breakfast or lunch if you are around the resort? Thanks so much!!!
Last month, in addition to Hurricane Hannah's and the BC Marketplace, we also visited France's bakery for breakfast and the Boardwalk bakery for a quick dinner. These are both great options.

We are booked for a split stay POFQ with my sister 1/9-1/13 then with DH at BC CL 1/13-1/17. We have ADR for via Napoli for lunch together on the 13 th then sister leaves on DME. Can she leave from BC since we will be right there or does she have to leave from POFQ? Also we have never done CL at BC are there garden view rooms that are close to the quiet pool/ secret entrance. Loved that area when we stayed at BC a few years ago. Thanks to everyone for the info. I "lurk" a lot but rarely post.

Hi All!
It's been mentioned before but what are the rooms to avoid if you want to avoid hearing the boat horns at the Yacht Club? Are they also heard from any of the Beach Club rooms?
Thanks!

I normally hear every little sound around me, I was in a room facing right out to the lake and BW in YC on 2nd floor and never heard a single boat horn. Could be I just wasn't in my room when they were blowing but I was usually in the room long before the boats stopped running. Two years ago DS and DIL were in the room below it, patio right out onto the walkway in front of the lake and they never had any problem either.

While not huge like in the mods and values, the QS had the typical yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, egg sandwiches for breakfast. There were hot and cold sandwiches there for lunch as well. BW is just a hop skip and jump away, and while they don't have a great QS place either, they do have plenty of food and Epcot is just about as close as BW and just about anything you could want for QS lunch can be had in WS and there are a number of places to get breakfast in FW.

It is our last night at the Beach Club. We have had a busy five days and this is my first chance to check back here. We saw Teena this morning and had a great visit with her. It is always great to see Teena in the lobby. :)

The weather was perfect. It was warm & breezy & only rained for a short time on Wednesday.
We were caught in that rainstorm in Epcot. Luckily we were in one of the buildings and just had to wait about 20 minutes until it blew over.

We found the bus transportation to be good. We never waited longer than 10 minutes.
We had the best bus karma on this trip. We never had to wait more than three minutes for a bus until today, when we had about then fifteen minutes for an MK bus. Otherwise, it was good.

The only negative about this trip was that the parks were really crowded, much more crowded than this same week last year. Epcot was packed from Wednesday through Saturday. Today wasn't too bad, though. Wednesday night at MK a CM told us that the park had 60,000 to 80,000 people in it.

We spent three wonderful afternoons at SAB with our daughter and two grandchildren. DH has finally discovered the joys of SAB. It only took him 30 years to find out how nice it was to have a waitress bring food and drinks while you watched the kids play for hours in the pool. We didn't have any trouble getting chairs, especially after I removed a few towels from chairs that seemed to be abandoned. I enjoyed floating around the lazy river with the kids. It was really nice.

I'll report back tomorrow on our room location. We booked a garden view room and that is what we got. We also had a large balcony and daybed. We were in the room next to our daughter, which was convenient.

Hi! My family and I are going to BC for the first time next week! From browsing through this thread, it seems like people really love it. Anything particular we should try? My son (6) and daughter (3) are really looking forward to SAB (pretty much the reason we changed our reservation from AKL to BC) so we're definitely hoping to get at least 1 pool day in. And we have dinner at beaches and cream on our arrival night... Does anyone know what the night time movie schedule is for next week? Don't know if we'll be back from the parks in time to enjoy that but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Does anyone know what the night time movie schedule is for next week? Don't know if we'll be back from the parks in time to enjoy that but it sounds like a lot of fun.
The movie is at 8pm.
Sunday - Monsters, Inc
Monday - Cinderella (2015)
Tues-Maleficent
Wed-Alice in Wonderland
Thurs-Descenents
Fri-Halloweentown
Sat-Hocus Pocus

I saw it on the HH menu board at BC, and also on the Leaping Horse Libations menu (got one from them!!) at Boardwalk last week. Not quite what I expected...I guess I make mine at home a little sweeter, but it was still yummy!
:drinking1
It's also on the AKL and CBR pool bar menus :)

Ours did. It had a large shared patio over the lobby. The room was very tired. In need of refurbishment. It was a short trip for us. But with 3 older teenage girls it was tight. The location of the hotel was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter