Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a 2 day park hopper and a platinum dining plan! Staying in a Standard view room. I am really wanting this trip to be as magical as I can make it. Any pointers, suggestions, recommendation, ANYTHING is so appreciated! Thanks for sharing all of your stories and experiences! It was fun getting to know all of you!

Wow, the platinum plan includes a ton of great stuff! Make sure you take advantage of the extras, particularly as BC/YC is host to a spa, bicycling, watersports, etc. that are part of the platinum plan.

For dining, I would recommend the signature restaurants, since they are normally 2 dining credits. Le Cellier and Monsieur Paul are both wonderful and close by in Epcot.

Wow, the platinum plan includes a ton of great stuff! Make sure you take advantage of the extras, particularly as BC/YC is host to a spa, bicycling, watersports, etc. that are part of the platinum plan.

For dining, I would recommend the signature restaurants, since they are normally 2 dining credits. Le Cellier and Monsieur Paul are both wonderful and close by in Epcot.

Also recommend plenty of stretch pants, you are going to be stuffed.

Dreamer & Wisher -We had the same room that you had, room 4554. The location was great -right by the single elevator near the quiet pool. We used the secret entrance all the time. We also used the staircase near the volleyball court as a shortcut to SAB. It was a lot shorter to walk out that door and enter the main pool area near Hurricane Hannah's then to go through the lobby.

We had a few issues with housekeeping, too. They totally skipped us the first day and I had to call them at 3:15 on our final full day to have them clean the room. The service room sign was missing from the room, so I couldn't use it.

Other that that we really liked the room. It had a full balcony and a day bed. It seems as if garden view rooms have more full balconies than lagoon view rooms do. One of these days I'm going to count them. ;)

We just got back from the Beach Club, we were there Oct. 9-13th. We loved the hotel and we had a great time. Thank you for the tip about the side entrance from Epcot. We were in room 4554 so this was really convenient and we used it several times coming and going from our room.

We requested an upper floor full balcony and we were booked as a Standard View Room but were upgraded to a Garden View.
Our requests were granted and we had a lovely view from our room. I thought that we should have been able to see the Spaceship Earth in Epcot but I looked and looked and couldn't see it. My husband is a bit taller than me and he walked out on the balcony and saw Spaceship Earth right away. Sure enough, I stand on a chair and there it is.

We loved the Beach Club. Our only issue was one day no one cleaned our room, we requested some clean towels, and then we put out the service requested sign on our door knob every morning after that. We also made sure to leave a tip for Mousekeeping.

Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!

Up early and getting ready to head to airport. I will be back at work on 11/8. Thanks for all your well wishes. My bronchitis is doing better and meeting so many Disers the last two days at the BC got the happy feelings flowing and that's the best medicine in the world. See you on the 8th!
Safe travels Teena x

Oh good my first bc stay is the 11/14-15th. This monorail area lover is really really looking forward to a bwi/cl split .

Icing on the cake is getting to meet you too! Safe travels Teena:)

Safe travels Teena x

Thanks so much. Mixed feelings about this trip. Sort of "anxious/nervous" ... big move looking for a house and moving across country ... especially when I love Florida and my job so much. But it just makes sense to make the move now that circumstances are so different. I will definitely cherish my last nine months here in Florida though!

Teena, will you be working 11/28-12/4? That is when we will be at the Beach Club for our family's first Disney vacation!!! I would love to meet you!

Not to break up the current then of the thread.... :scared:

Just curious if anyone is planning a Christmas:santa: stay at YC this year? Its our second year in a row staying there over Christmas and NY... had a great time last year and was pleasantly surprised at how much we like YC; being monorail resort snobs:rolleyes1.

The ease of walking to Epcot and DHS during the capacity times is outstanding; can't say enough about location, location, location. :snail:

Teena, will you be working 11/28-12/4? That is when we will be at the Beach Club for our family's first Disney vacation!!! I would love to meet you!

Sure will ... 29th and 30th. I work Sundays and Mondays when I'm not visiting Jeanne or on a cruise or have bronchitis.

Hope to see you when we check in Nov 9. (My sister just told me she added a day at the start of our stay which means we have a chance to meet you!) Glad you are feeling better. Safe travels.
Sarah

I was wondering where the business center was at the BC? I might need to print a shipping label this weekend.

page 302-303

Hi All!
It's been mentioned before but what are the rooms to avoid if you want to avoid hearing the boat horns at the Yacht Club? Are they also heard from any of the Beach Club rooms?
Thanks!

What view category have you booked?

I am not exactly sure which rooms can or can't hear the boat horns, but I would think for Beach Club, you would be least likely

to hear the horns in the following areas:

Standard View- overlooking front parking lot
Garden View- Epcot/Woods view
Water view- Quiet Pool view

:thumbsup2

We added a night to our stay and will now be checking out on 12/20.

Got it! I'll update the list.

:goodvibes:

Hi Everyone! :wave2: I am so excited we just booked our Honeymoon :love: and will be staying at the Beach Club July 26-Aug 4! I have been to WDW 3 times but have never stayed deluxe. This will be my fiancé's first time to WDW. We are so excited and have learned so much from this thread already. I guess my one concern with Beach Club is the lack of counter service choice. I have read multiple places that the marketplace is very small and not equipped well to serve 2 resorts. Can anyone calm my fears with what you do for a quick breakfast or lunch if you are around the resort? Thanks so much!!!

:welcome: and congratulations!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I think others have provided some great suggestions for breakfast/lunch ideas including: The Ale & Compass at the YC has a quick Continental breakfast, the Marketplace has several options for breakfast and the Boardwalk Bakery and Patisserie in France are nearby. Lots of lunch options: Hurricane Hanna's, Marketplace, World Showcase restaurants/Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT and a couple of places at nearby Boardwalk.

::yes::

Hi everyone! I have so missed reading this board! I just booked 2 trips back to the World next year and I am so excited. BC was unavailable for our spring break trip so we are trying BWI for the first time and it looks fantastic. I will probably have to keep the kids from trying to get into the BC/YC pool though. lol

I hope everyone is doing well!

:wave2:

Will be back home at beach club villas November 4-10 and January 23-31- can't wait!!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:thumbsup2

We will be at the BC CL H2O view Nov 11-20, 2016 can you add us to the list for next year? thanks

Still going Dec 6, 2015 at YC, won't be long now!!!

Will do!

:cool1:

Just booked the BC Sept 4 thru the 11TH. We stayed there Labor Day this year and loved it. Can't wait to head back!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

We are home from our BCV week stay. We are 3 adults & focused on the F & W festival. We had a great week. Our villa was clean & in good repair. I agree it is due for an upgrade, but I don't think folks should worry about a stay before it is done. We love BCV.
The weather was perfect. It was warm & breezy & only rained for a short time on Wednesday.
We did the World Showcase Destinations Discovered tour on Wednesday. It is a 5 hour tour & was all adults. Lunch was included at Marrakesh in Morrocco. Robert was our guide and he was terrific. We really enjoyed it.
We ate at : Yachtsman Steakhouse - terrific, Raglan Road -great, Yak & Yeti lunch -we will do again, La Hacienda - our least favorite meal of the week, Spice Road Table - really enjoyable and a great view of Illuminations, and Via Napoli - we always enjoy here.
We spent 2 days at MK, 1 day at AK & DHS & the rest of the time at EC. We found the bus transportation to be good. We never waited longer than 10 minutes.
We had a great week and I am sad to be home.

Thanks for your review! I keep forgetting about the WS tour. I think I am going to add this to the itinerary for our possible 30th anniversary trip next fall.

I'm disappointed to hear about La Hacienda! Have you dined there before? It was our favorite meal on our 2013 trip.

:scratchin

My in-laws just came back from a week stay at the Beach Club Villas in a suite in a cash stay. They LOVED it!! They travel a lot, at least four trips a year, and my FiL said it was one of the best hotels he's ever stayed in. They loved having the microwave, fridge, and toaster, so they bought cereal, milk, English muffins, and cream cheese which covered their breakfasts. My FiL is also a smoker, and he thought the smoking areas were very convenient. They had a high floor view of the Villas pool and enjoyed the area. Busses, boats, and walks were all easy transportation.

We go ourselves all the time, but they hadn't been to WDW in over 20 years. We were very glad (and relieved) that they loved it!!

Thanks for sharing your in-laws experience at the BCV with us. I'm so glad they had a great time!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter