Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This morning I stopped by the reservation desk to pay off some room charges with gift cards and the construction noise was pretty loud. They have plastic covering the area at the top of the stairs leading up from the lobby (both sides of the lobby) and areas off the hallway leading to the BCV on the 1st floor are walled off (on the left hand side right past the concierge area). Looks like they are working on 2nd and 1st floor rooms. Sanding/refinishing of wood floor area in BCV central lobby area. Looks nice but doesn't smell too great.

For upgrading your ticket do you have to do it on my first day? I have a 10 day PH and I want to upgrade that to an AP
No, you don't have to do it on your first day, but you do have to do it before the last day of your ticket. We upgraded our ticket to an annual pass as we were leaving the park on our second day. There wasn't any line that time of night.

Well, my sister finally finished making our reservations. We will be at BC November 10-12 for F&W, and then December 7-12 for holiday fun. We were going to do Boardwalk for December, but y'all convinced us that BC is great! Thanks to all for making this any amazing thread. Dee, please update our Nov with the dates & add us to the Dec list. Thanks!
Sarah

Just "de-cloaking" from lurker mode to celebrate my double digit dance and say I've had a great time reading this thread over the past year and cant wait to get to YC in a 9 days.

Almost there........

Oooohhh!!! A LURKER!!!!

party::welcome:party:

Come closer to your keyboard..
That's it, closer, Closer, CLOSER...
Don't be afraid... you can join us. All of the Trolls have been slayed. It's safe here!!! ::yes::

Surely you have some questions or a recipe that you might share. Perhaps a tawdry habit or arrest warrant with your name on it?? If so feel free to contribute to our community.

:hug:

~NM

I've been meaning to post this for a while and keep forgetting. We were able to get Port Orleans for free dining so we will have to save our dream hotel for another trip. You can go ahead and take me off the list for September.

This morning I stopped by the reservation desk to pay off some room charges with gift cards and the construction noise was pretty loud. They have plastic covering the area at the top of the stairs leading up from the lobby (both sides of the lobby) and areas off the hallway leading to the BCV on the 1st floor are walled off (on the left hand side right past the concierge area). Looks like they are working on 2nd and 1st floor rooms. Sanding/refinishing of wood floor area in BCV central lobby area. Looks nice but doesn't smell too great.
So they finally started working on the BCV? Interesting they would start in the lobby and not finish there. Glad to hear they are finishing up work on second floor of BC and getting to work on the 1st. Can't be too many more months now. Maybe they will hit the August deadiine they were aiming for. That letter tells me that they must be getting a little worried. The earlier letters seemed to indicate that they were only working during the day. Now, they must be doing some of the light work (wiring, carpeting, etc.) at night to make up time?
Katesdad

The earlier letters seemed to indicate that they were only working during the day. Now, they must be doing some of the light work (wiring, carpeting, etc.) at night to make up time?
When we were there in April we could see workmen in the rooms after 5pm. They were not the bigger crews with the noisy equipment but rather single workers.

Hello! We are staying at the Yacht Club for the first time at the end of August. This is our first time at an Epcot resort. We booked the Beach club a couple years ago but ended up at the contemporary due to available discounts.

Anyway, it's also our first time without the dining plan. I'm actually looking forward to the flexibility but wondering if we should look into a refillable mug. My husband and I drink A LOT of coffee! How convenient are the refill stations? Looks like the Ale and Compass lounge is the closest? And they have real coffee? Am I understanding that correctly?

Super happy this morning! Checked out of BCV and checked into BC and found
out our Garden/Woods view room got upgraded to club level with a view of the volleyball court! So shocked at the unexpected pixie dust I got teary eyed :) the room is gorgeous - will post pics later!

Super happy this morning! Checked out of BCV and checked into BC and found
out our Garden/Woods view room got upgraded to club level with a view of the volleyball court! So shocked at the unexpected pixie dust I got teary eyed :) the room is gorgeous - will post pics later!

Awwwwww!! Yay for you!!!

Hello! We are staying at the Yacht Club for the first time at the end of August. This is our first time at an Epcot resort. We booked the Beach club a couple years ago but ended up at the contemporary due to available discounts.

Anyway, it's also our first time without the dining plan. I'm actually looking forward to the flexibility but wondering if we should look into a refillable mug. My husband and I drink A LOT of coffee! How convenient are the refill stations? Looks like the Ale and Compass lounge is the closest? And they have real coffee? Am I understanding that correctly?

High icicle! I'm staying at BC for the first time in August too. So... the refillable mug is included in your dining plan. I hope they will have real coffee!

Last edited:
We are about a month and a half from our 1st trip to the Yacht Club. Getting excited. We have 3 rooms and 13 people/kids staying from July 21-29. We are thinking of requesting the 3 rooms on the ground floor as we have older grandparents along with us. Do all the ground floor rooms have a private patio/sitting area or are there places where walkways pass in front of the ground floor rooms?

We are about a month and a half from our 1st trip to the Yacht Club. Getting excited. We have 3 rooms and 13 people/kids staying from July 21-29. We are thinking of requesting the 3 rooms on the ground floor as we have older grandparents along with us. Do all the ground floor rooms have a private patio/sitting area or are there places where walkways pass in front of the ground floor rooms?

I think that all the ground floor rooms do have a patio, but yes, there are walkways in front of the patios...

We personally liked having the ground floor woods view on our family trip with 3 rooms, allowed us to sit on the patios and visit each other easier...bushes in between, and the walkway wasn't too busy, so it wasn't an issue. They were not private, in that you could see all the other patios down the building, but while we were there, no one else seemed to be using them.

Ale and Compass is right off the lobby and very convenient for the morning coffee mug refill as I can personnally attest to. Is it "real" coffee? Gee, I can't answer that question but I will say it didn't bother me in the morning to be drinking it, but then I'll drink about anything but Starbucks. Once the A/C closes in the morning though you will need to go over to Market Place or HH for that refill of coffee/pop. It isn't that bad and I think you will get your money's worth if you are as serious a coffee drinker as I am. Have a great time at the YC.
Katedad

Oooohhh!!! A LURKER!!!!

party::welcome:party:

Come closer to your keyboard..
That's it, closer, Closer, CLOSER...
Don't be afraid... you can join us. All of the Trolls have been slayed. It's safe here!!! ::yes::

Surely you have some questions or a recipe that you might share. Perhaps a tawdry habit or arrest warrant with your name on it?? If so feel free to contribute to our community.

:hug:

~NM
You crack me up, so funny

Ale and Compass is right off the lobby and very convenient for the morning coffee mug refill as I can personnally attest to. Is it "real" coffee? Gee, I can't answer that question but I will say it didn't bother me in the morning to be drinking it, but then I'll drink about anything but Starbucks. Once the A/C closes in the morning though you will need to go over to Market Place or HH for that refill of coffee/pop. It isn't that bad and I think you will get your money's worth if you are as serious a coffee drinker as I am. Have a great time at the YC.
Katedad

Thanks, Katesdad! That's very helpful! In one of the first posts in this thread it mentions Ale and Compass has "real" coffee which I assume means brewed from grounds instead of the syrup used in the coffee makers at the food courts. It doesn't matter much to me as long as I get my caffeine buzz. ;)

Welcome!
The A&C has coffe out at 6:00 a.m. It's decent coffee. This is an hour earlier than BC Marketplace. For coffee, the refill chip in the mugs isn't active, by the way. We use ours for coffee and iced tea since we don't drink soda. I understand they keep Grey Goose slushies cold too! The mugs are probably worth it and they make a nice souvenir.
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter