• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Several YC CMs mentioned that there had been complaints about the beds being too high for "vertically challenged" guests and children. When some guests said they climbed into bed, they were not kidding.

I'm a bit vertically challenged. I wonder if they are higher than our new bed. I didn't think about it when we bought it, but with the thicker mattress, I definitely need to climb into our bed at home.

I'm a bit vertically challenged. I wonder if they are higher than our new bed. I didn't think about it when we bought it, but with the thicker mattress, I definitely need to climb into our bed at home.
Last time I replaced our bed, between the box springs and mattress, it was WAY taller than our old one. So instead of putting it on the frames with wheels, I just put the bottom box springs on the floor. Now the dogs and humans can all get into bed without a ladder.

Last time I replaced our bed, between the box springs and mattress, it was WAY taller than our old one. So instead of putting it on the frames with wheels, I just put the bottom box springs on the floor. Now the dogs and humans can all get into bed without a ladder.

A little late now ...

But, next mattress you purchase - you should be able to get a low-profile box spring with it - it/s much 'shorter' than a regular boxspring.

IMG_1418.JPG
This is my DD's reveal tank top so far. There will be a leaping mickey mouse iron on in the middle. DS will have the same on a tee-shirt and I will have the same on a flowy tank. DH will have a gray tee shirt with a grumpy iron-on that says "I dont do matching shirts". What do you think? 26 days to go until BCV!!!

A little late now ...

But, next mattress you purchase - you should be able to get a low-profile box spring with it - it/s much 'shorter' than a regular boxspring.

I realized that afterwards. I knew that I hadn't climbed up as high when we were looking at them in the store. I found out that the floor models in the store had low-profile box springs. I'm not sure if the salesman didn't mention it or if we just weren't paying enough attention.

How did you do your surprise? I just got the supplies today to start making the shirts but I have to work on it while they are either at camp or in bed.

My daughter was in Edmonton visiting my sister (we are on the east coast of Canada) . We told the kids that morning that we were going to Toronto. When we met in the airport we told them we were going through to Orlando. They immediately knew we were meeting their friends and were so excited. Then we got to surprise their friends the next day at Disney!

Without measuring an exact height, I would estimate the top of the made-up bed in the YC non-accessible rooms is about 6" higher, than normal. There is no box spring.

With all the recent talk about the "secret" BC door - I've always wondered
Has anyone ever actually stayed in room 1501?? I'm really curious. :drinking:
I did, about 15 years ago. Actually, it's a suite (or maybe a junior suite...it's been a while). My husband and I were upgraded when we popped down for a quickie weekend trip. It was really nice, and super convenient to Epcot, of course...I just wish we had more time to appreciate it.

What are the hours of the laundry rooms at the beach club.
Sorry if this has been ask/answered I couldn't find the answer with the search function.

Teena update!!!

The Beach Club lobby has not been the same since Teena the greeter retired in 2016 and relocated to Las Vegas to be with her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily. She misses her Florida home and Disneyworld, but mostly the guests that she met. She has been the center of many friendships developed here on the FAQ board and IRL!

Teena, Jeanne and Lily were at Disneyland this week to celebrate Lily's 6th birthday. They move to the beach for a few days of relaxation before the school year starts again for Jeanne and Lily. And Teena, who provides teachers with grading help.

Teena continues to satisfy her passion for travel, with a cruise in September*, a visit to WDW with a friend in October and a late fall trip to Aulani. * I'll be accompanying Teena on the Fantasy, my first time on a Disney cruise.

:sail:

Here is a picture from yesterday

Dole Whip.jpg

Last edited:
Page 953-954

Staying at the Yacht Club for the first time in November - so very excited!!! We will be arriving by car, can anyone tell me if it is easy to work out where we need to park and if it is easy to carry our suitcases etc from there? Thanks

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I believe others have replied to your question about luggage and parking.

Please let us know if you have other questions as your trip approaches.

:goodvibes

Dee, we've had a change to our dates - we're booked June 1-10 in a GV room at YC. Thanks!

Got it! I'll make the adjustment.

:thumbsup2

Hey all... New to the boards but just planned out and reserved our vacation ( birthday / late honeymoon )! We will be staying at the Yacht Club from Jan28-Feb 1st 2018.. Looks like a great place. This will be our first experience staying on property and heck will be my first time back to WDW in about 20 years. I do have a couple of questions ... I have scoured the boards and found a lot of conflicting info so I hope you will have patience if these have been asked a million times.

1) Amazon Prime now.. to Yacht Club, is there a fee ? (besides the Amazon one )

2) In-Room experiences ( celebrations ) I have tentatively ordered / scheduled one (From Mickey and Minnie with love) Are they worth it? I really haven't seen many pictures of how they lay out the room. I know they are expensive but the memory seems worth it if it makes my wife happy.

Thanks! I am really stupid excited about this trip maybe more than a 45yo guy should be.. but oh well.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Great questions.

1) Is Prime Now the one that arrives by in-person delivery? We haven't seen a lot of feedback on this, but I think I have a link on the first page of this thread from when the service started up. I'll post it here in a minute

2) I don't know. But AWWWWWW!!!!!
Does anyone have any info/reviews/pictures of this service?

You have every reason to be stupid excited about this trip, a return to WDW at an awesome resort with your bride by your side!

party:

Here is the info I have on Page 1, Post 13 in the Frequently Asked Question post. If anyone has further comments or feedback I should include, please let me know.

DELIVERY INFO:

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?
What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method

I'm still working on this post, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

Beach Club Marketplace (no delivery fee)
Dasani 24 pack, 12 oz.. $6.39 as of January 2016- less than $7 with tax as of June 2016
Soda, 6 pack (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite), $8

The Speedway (formerly Hess) Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

By Mail: The Yacht & Beach Club Resort is a Convention resort so items that are shipped their by UPS or FedEx will be delivered to the convention mailing center and will be subject to a charge based on the weight of the item. (See Shipping Info). This includes deliveries from Staples and Amazon Prime Pantry.

Because of this, it is often better to send items directly to resort via United States Postal Service (see instructions in the Other Useful Info Post)

Grocery Delivery Information and Reviews:

www.gardengrocer.com

www.WeGoShop.com
*Ask about loyalty rewards program and referral program*

www.dizzydolphindelivery.com

Amazon Prime Now is a two hour delivery service of certain household essentials. Your order will be delivered to Bell Services at the resort. For delivery to the Yacht & Beach Club resort, which is a convention resort, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours.

Amazon Prime Now website

www.turnerdrug.com (407) 828-8125
$7.50 delivery fee to the Beach or Yacht Club
Pricing as of August 2013:
soda (coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, mt. dew & sprite) 12 pack, 12 oz cans are $4.99 each.

water: Nestle, 1/2 liter bottles, 32 bottles (case) $7.99 or 6 pack $2.49 or Crystal Geyser, 1/2 litter bottles 24 bottles (case) $6.99 or 6 pk $2.19.

Online orders from Staples/Amazon/Walmart- I think these are delivered to the convention center and therefore subject to weight-based fee and must be picked up.

Guest Reviews of Delivery Services:

October 2014
We get a lot of questions about using personal shopping services for groceries during a Disney stay. I have never used any of the companies, but someone sent me a private message about WeGoShop, so I thought I would pass along the comments:

"We have used WeGoShop for our past two trips. We like that there is no minimum order limit and that we can choose the store because we like the Albertson's. For our last trip, we wanted a case of store brand bottled water, a case of Bud Light and twelve cups of yogurt.

Our credit card was charged for the purchase price of the items plus the service fee. Much cheaper and easier than going by taxi to Super Target or Walmart.

The first time we did this, we needed to meet the delivery person to check my ID, but then the company put the information in their database so we wouldn't have to do that again. We were also told that the service fee is discounted if you are a veteran, police officer or firefighter."

*** August 2013
Hi everyone!!! I've been catching up and finally I can help Dee out. I just read about Turner Drugs and was checking out pricing, so here you go...

soda (coke, diet coke, pepsi, diet pepsi, mt. dew & sprite) 12 pack, 12 oz cans are $4.99 each.

water: Nestle, 1/2 liter bottles, 32 bottles (case) $7.99 or 6 pack $2.49 or Crystal Geyser, 1/2 litter bottles 24 bottles (case) $6.99 or 6 pk $2.19.

Delivery fee is $7.50 to all Disney Resorts including Swan and Dolphin. If your hotel is not on the list it's $10 to $15 depending on location.

It also states to call for delivery fees (407) 828-8125 and all online orders are $7.50.

The last part is slightly confusing, but I think it's safe to say if you're staying onsite it's only $7.50 with no minimum $ amount needed and since they deliver to all resorts for the yc/bc/bcv it should go directly to that resort not the convention center. Hope this helps.

Amazon Prime Now feedback:

Amazon Prime Now
June 2016-according to the OP on the following thread (June 2016), there was confusion at the resort resulting in a delay in finding the order.

Amazon Prime Now July 2016 Sleigh Belle
Positive Feedback

Dizzy Dolphin- March 2017

In terms of grocery deliveries, I can't recommend Dizzy Dolphin highly enough. They will get you ANYTHING you want, including standard grocery items, custom made gift baskets, bakery cakes and doughnuts, ANY kind of alcohol, small appliances (no kidding, one of their pictures on Facebook had a coffeemaker in it!), and they'll go wherever you direct them to shop. you can specify brands and stores. They'll send you a quote pretty quickly, too, and they're more than happy to answer any questions you have. I think their prices are better than Garden Grocer, and you absolutely cannot beat their customer service. We used them last year for our DVC Studio at the Poly. LOVED them. Everything was there when we arrived, we received text messages letting us know about the delivery, and again, I was really REALLY pleased with their pricing. Plus they post on FB when they make your deliveries, usually with a funny pic, and for ours they were bowing in front of the tiki in the lobby, praying for good weather. I'm willing to believe it worked because we DID have fabulous weather that week. :smooth: I've already got a date marked on my calendar to order from them for our June trip. :teeth:

We used Dizzy Dolphin in Dec. In the past we'd always used We Go Shop but I kept hearing people talking about DD so I wanted to give them a try. While the service itself was fine here's my problem with them. Yes, you go online & fill out the order form to order exactly what you want. It was Christmas week so I put in my order about 3 weeks ahead of time to make sure I got a spot. You then get a total about a day or so later which you must pay 3 days prior to your arrival. I thought their prices were quite high & questioned it. I got a response back saying they would double check & they always try to shop sales, 2 for 1s, etc. That makes zero sense if you have to pay for your order in advance. How do you know what the sale prices will be 2-3 weeks in the future? I did use them but the price I paid was what I was quoted 3 weeks previously & I received no receipt so I honestly have no idea what they really spent I just know what I was charged. Again, I had no problem with the actual service but I don't like ordering groceries like this. In the future I'm going back to using We Go Shop. You pay day of & get a receipt.

Here is the info I have on Page 1, Post 13 in the Frequently Asked Question post. If anyone has further comments or feedback I should include, please let me know.

DELIVERY INFO:

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?
What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method

I'm still working on this post, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

Beach Club Marketplace (no delivery fee)
Dasani 24 pack, 12 oz.. $6.39 as of January 2016- less than $7 with tax as of June 2016
Soda, 6 pack (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite), $8

Dee, here is the current DVC grocery list for the BC Marketplace, which shows pricing for the more common groceries sold at the Marketplace.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...dvc-resorts/YachtandBeachGroceryOrderForm.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter