Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just ordered some soy candles and reed diffusers that are supposed to smell like BC lobby. I just happened to stumble on the website while looking for soy candles. I will post when I get them and let you all know if they do.

We're about 90 minutes out of Charlotte. The schools are closed tomorrow, so my oldest has chilled out about driving home. We're stopping in Charlotte and we'll finish the drive in the morning. DC looks like a mess and, based on prior experience driving through there during a snow storm, they won't have it together for a while. I don't mind driving in snow, but I'm not doing it in the dark with my kids in a rented minivan.

I wanted to post a brief review of the new kids club program. Blah, Blah, blaaaah...

Thank you for your timely review of the Sand Castle club. My family is always threatening to drop me off there when I become too cranky or go into ultra commando mode. Thanks to your review now I know what to expect. I am fond of rice krispy treats so I will refuse to leave until the snack is served. Do they serve them with coffee or just milk? If you are going to sugar me up right before bed time you might as well throw in a half a liter of coffee or two.

Is it true that while the children and cranky party members are dumped at the Sand Castle club the Mothers and Fathers sneak off to the Crews Cup Club? While not believing that they go there for rice krispy treats and crafts they may find craft beers and truffled fry treats.

Tarak, as you spend yet another night trapped either in a minivan or a 100 sq. meter hotel room please know that we are thinking of you during your time of need (for wine). To sustain yourself during these desperate times think of the Sunken Treasures that will one day once again be yours. If the children do not behave threaten them with boarding school or perhaps a flea infested summer camp, (depending upon the transgression). One day soon you will be back home, with only the realization that none of your ungrateful neighbors shoveled the 3 feet of snow that is blocking your driveway. Don't blame us however as we were the ones that tried to talk you into staying, at least until Food and 'Whine' started. For if you had waited until then surely the snow would have melted. Yeah sure the truant officer would be hot on your trail but your children would have loved you even more. Loved you until the realization kicked in that you had spent their inheritance trying to stay at Disney.

~NM

Thank you so much! I'm going to take advantage of Touring Plans fax service and wanted to make sure I was reading the map right. I wasn't! So thank you for clarifying!!

I highly recommend that you also call and add your room requests to your reservation. Unless something has changed very recently, faxed room requests are not read by the room assigners. It doesn't hurt to send the fax, I just would hate for you to put all your eggs (requests) in one basket so to speak.

I highly recommend that you also call and add your room requests to your reservation. Unless something has changed very recently, faxed room requests are not read by the room assigners. It doesn't hurt to send the fax, I just would hate for you to put all your eggs (requests) in one basket so to speak.

I've actually faxed requests for years and as recent as a couple of months ago and have always gotten my request. Interestingly two trips ago I had this same warning and called and didn't fax. Did not get my request. In fact got the polar opposite of it!

I've actually faxed requests for years and as recent as a couple of months ago and have always gotten my request. Interestingly two trips ago I had this same warning and called and didn't fax. Did not get my request. In fact got the polar opposite of it!

All I can say is that POR and POFQ are the only 2 resorts that do in fact read every faxed room requests. All other resorts will read them if, and only if, they have time. All the others will use what's attached to the reservation either by phone or online check in first. Not trying to argue, but I do have first hand knowledge of this. So for others reading this, it's best to cover your bases and have the same requests you fax in added to your reservation via phone.

We're about 90 minutes out of Charlotte. The schools are closed tomorrow, so my oldest has chilled out about driving home. We're stopping in Charlotte and we'll finish the drive in the morning. DC looks like a mess and, based on prior experience driving through there during a snow storm, they won't have it together for a while. I don't mind driving in snow, but I'm not doing it in the dark with my kids in a rented minivan.

I wanted to post a brief review of the new kids club program. We dropped Aria off at just around 4:30 yesterday. It's now a flat $55 fee for the night - whether your child is there an hour or all night. They provide dinner and a snack if your child is there past ten. We picked her up before then, though, so she missed out on that Rice Krispie treat.

There were the typical craft activities, which for Aria consisted of slapping stickers all over a blank sheet of paper. She said they baked cookies. When I picked her up, they had a CM in mad scientist garb performing experiments. Aria was perfecting her mad scientist cackle. She has continued doing so, to the delight of her brother. She had a fabulous time. I don't know that they've beefed up the program as much as advertised. The photo they have when you check in shows Chip (or Dale, can't recall) hugging a child and Aria only mentioned the mad scientist visiting. When the brochure is touting they'll meet Disney friends and they include a photo of Chip/Dale, I think it's safe to assume parents might expect a character meet. The CMs were fabulous, though, and seemed to genuine enjoy Aria. I know we usually had the kids there for at least three hours, so I don't think the price is much different from what we paid before. We'd absolutely use it again.

Stay safe!! Good plan taking it easy and no night driving.

All I can say is that POR and POFQ are the only 2 resorts that do in fact read every faxed room requests. All other resorts will read them if, and only if, they have time. All the others will use what's attached to the reservation either by phone or online check in first. Not trying to argue, but I do have first hand knowledge of this. So for others reading this, it's best to cover your bases and have the same requests you fax in added to your reservation via phone.
Very true. I always recommend to have your requests attached to your reservation. I used to fax my requests, but now I only do so if I'm staying at POR.

Thank you for your timely review of the Sand Castle club. My family is always threatening to drop me off there when I become too cranky or go into ultra commando mode. Thanks to your review now I know what to expect. I am fond of rice krispy treats so I will refuse to leave until the snack is served. Do they serve them with coffee or just milk? If you are going to sugar me up right before bed time you might as well throw in a half a liter of coffee or two.

Is it true that while the children and cranky party members are dumped at the Sand Castle club the Mothers and Fathers sneak off to the Crews Cup Club? While not believing that they go there for rice krispy treats and crafts they may find craft beers and truffled fry treats.

Tarak, as you spend yet another night trapped either in a minivan or a 100 sq. meter hotel room please know that we are thinking of you during your time of need (for wine). To sustain yourself during these desperate times think of the Sunken Treasures that will one day once again be yours. If the children do not behave threaten them with boarding school or perhaps a flea infested summer camp, (depending upon the transgression). One day soon you will be back home, with only the realization that none of your ungrateful neighbors shoveled the 3 feet of snow that is blocking your driveway. Don't blame us however as we were the ones that tried to talk you into staying, at least until Food and 'Whine' started. For if you had waited until then surely the snow would have melted. Yeah sure the truant officer would be hot on your trail but your children would have loved you even more. Loved you until the realization kicked in that you had spent their inheritance trying to stay at Disney.

~NM

Have no fear, my friend. I am polishing off a bottle of Riesling whilst my two younger children sleep on the fold-out bed (complete with the least comfortable mattress known to man - but they're young and will recover), and my two older children pretend they aren't snap-chatting with their friends in the double bed next to the other double bed in which my husband is pretending to sleep. He is unbelievably cranky pants that I made him stop for the night. Because we could be home in five hours instead of here in Charlotte, NC. If we don't fly off the mountain somewhere around the Cumberland Gap because of black ice, that is. And if they actually plow the streets into our neighborhood, which they haven't done as of this moment.

Stay safe!! Good plan taking it easy and no night driving.

Thank you. See above - could you tell my husband this?

I only wish I'd stopped at the pool bar and filled up my Disney mug with something better than Joffrey's coffee before hitting the road.

And in a vain attempt at being on topic, I should mention how my three older children are raving about stormalong bay and how fabulous it is. Because they prefer the BC over AKV at this point. As do I.

Oh, and the pool appeared closed yesterday around 4:30 and HH was not open. There weren't any storms, so I assume they close when temps go below a certain number? It was in the mid-40s at that point.

ETA: my geography was way off last night because we were nowhere near the Cumberland Gap, which I've actually driven through several times. We did pass through Fancy Gap, Virginia at one point this morning. The name is still making me giggle.

Last edited:
Has anyone done the land and sea packages? We are thinking about adding a very short Disney cruise before our BC stay to see if we would enjoy a longer one (when in Rome ?). Are the transfers between the park and port inclusive or something we would need to budget for? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

I'm joining the Beach Club Club! I'm taking my sister, niece and nephew to WDW in August. It's the kids (and probably only) trip! I've been back on forth on resorts. My niece (12) has trouble making decisions (just like me). My nephew (14) has said he doesn't care. Today he finally chimed in with "Stormalong Bay looks awesome!" So it's finally finalized. We're staying at the Beach Club 8/17 - 8/24. Unfortunately they only had a pool/water view room available. So sad. :rotfl2:

Has anyone done the land and sea packages? We are thinking about adding a very short Disney cruise before our BC stay to see if we would enjoy a longer one (when in Rome ?). Are the transfers between the park and port inclusive or something we would need to budget for? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!
We have done the land/sea package twice. Transfers between resort to ship and ship to resort could not be easier and smoother. Disney handles all the details as long as you let them know you need it and I don't remember paying anything extra for it (just like DME). I will suggest though that after the second time we did this package the DW and I both agreed that we did not want to do the short cruise again. The next one we did was the seven day on the Fantasy and now there is no way we would ever go back to doing anything shorter unless it was a four day cruise with at least two days being on Castaway Cay. I hope you have a really great trip. I can't stop smiling right now thinking about ours.
Katesdad

I wanted to post a brief review of the new kids club program. We dropped Aria off at just around 4:30 yesterday. It's now a flat $55 fee for the night - whether your child is there an hour or all night. They provide dinner and a snack if your child is there past ten. We picked her up before then, though, so she missed out on that Rice Krispie treat.

There were the typical craft activities, which for Aria consisted of slapping stickers all over a blank sheet of paper. She said they baked cookies. When I picked her up, they had a CM in mad scientist garb performing experiments. Aria was perfecting her mad scientist cackle. She has continued doing so, to the delight of her brother. She had a fabulous time. I don't know that they've beefed up the program as much as advertised. The photo they have when you check in shows Chip (or Dale, can't recall) hugging a child and Aria only mentioned the mad scientist visiting. When the brochure is touting they'll meet Disney friends and they include a photo of Chip/Dale, I think it's safe to assume parents might expect a character meet. The CMs were fabulous, though, and seemed to genuine enjoy Aria. I know we usually had the kids there for at least three hours, so I don't think the price is much different from what we paid before. We'd absolutely use it again.
Was the Sandcastle Club full? Or was there space for more kids? I plan on reserving it ahead of time, but I wasn't sure if it is one of those hot in-demand things that will fill up fast. Did you reserve ahead of time, or drop in?

~Cari~ pluto:

Was the Sandcastle Club full? Or was there space for more kids? I plan on reserving it ahead of time, but I wasn't sure if it is one of those hot in-demand things that will fill up fast. Did you reserve ahead of time, or drop in?

~Cari~ pluto:
I reserved ahead of time. But when we dropped Aria off, a couple came in without a reservation and they had space. Granted, it was a weekend in January, but still a Saturday night. They were quite relieved. :)

I realize that a BCV studio will not accomodate a rollaway. Would I have room to put down an areo-mattress? There will only be 3 of us in the room but I really need 3 separate beds. We really want to stay at the BC, but a larger room there would be too many points and $$. I might need to plan on a different resort. Thanks.

I realize that a BCV studio will not accomodate a rollaway. Would I have room to put down an areo-mattress? There will only be 3 of us in the room but I really need 3 separate beds. We really want to stay at the BC, but a larger room there would be too many points and $$. I might need to plan on a different resort. Thanks.

I really can't figure out where it could go. Once the sofa sleeper is opened up there is not a lot of floor space.

We are doing our first in March 2017, so don't have a lot of tips to offer yet, but here's what I've learned so far:

Book each piece separately. Cruises are cheapest when they are first released (we booked Oct 8, 2015 - opening day- for our March 2017 cruise). Also, if you book a package you can't take advantage of any WDW discounts that may be released after you book.

It was recommended to me to do WDW first then the cruise. I know this is personal preference, but people pointed out to me that the cruise was even more relaxing after several days in the park! We are also doing a short (3-night) cruise to test the waters, per my TAs recommendation. If you hate it or someone in your party is prone to sea sickness, you'd be miserable doing a week!

Finally, yes, DCL will transfer you between your resort and port and between the port and the airport, but there is a $35 per person charge, per transfer. Depending on the size of your party, private transfer may be cheaper, but it works as seamlessly as ME if you let them do it (they take care of your bags, too).

Also, excursions and additions dining options cannot be booked until 75 days prior for your first cruise, so way less stressful than planning a WDW trip! :)

page 372-373

Are there many/any standard view rooms in the second floor? Would these be less likely to be overlooking the large flat, ugly roof?

Thinking about the layout of the resort, I don't think there are many rooms that would fit this description.

With a standard view, I think your best bet to avoid the flat roof view would be to ask to face the front (parking lot) side of the resort.

:thumbsup2

Hello, everyone!

I posted a new thread on the trip planning forums with this question, but thought since I know so many here are frequent WDW travelers, I'd ask here too.

I'm helping plan a trip for a friend, and am looking for information about traveling with young kids as well as the grandparents: Pros, Cons.

Anyone have suggestions, success stories, horror stories, what worked, what didn't? I appreciate your input!

Jeanne

Bumping your request for advice.

I haven't traveled with either group you are asking about but if you need advice for traveling with teens or tweens, I'm your gal.

I think we have some suggestions by Ninja Mom for traveling with people with mobility issues in Post 14 on Page 1 so you may want to check that out.

::yes::

I am at the YC, and the CMs are stating that there is no scheduled start date on the room refurb project.

Thanks so much for checking on this!!!

:goodvibes

For the BOG list.... we are now splitting our stay at YC with AKL rather than POFQ in May.... found a deal too good to pass up!! Still keeping our YC reservation for now - although I consider switching to BC several times a day. Just think with three adults we are better off with the guaranteed balcony.

I will make the adjustment to the list.

Just want to make sure I am reading your response correctly. You are booked at YC, however you are torn about wanting to change to BC to get a refurbished rooms but you are concerned with losing the guaranteed balcony that you would get at YC if you switch.

:cool2:

Well, I officially canceled my March trip.

I'm looking into dates in october. No yacht club available, but hubby said I can book beach club If I want to.

I'll let y'all know what happens!

I am sorry!!! I hope new dates will work out for you.

Hey @natebenma could you please add us to the BOG List? We will be at the YC Nov. 19 - 26. I'm so excited to be coming back!

:welcome: back!!!

:woohoo:

I am thrilled to add you to the list.

:cool1:

I agree with dansdad. Once you open up the sofa bed there isn't very much floor space. But I do know that a pack and play can fit near the window. I suppose that a really small aero mattress could be squeezed in but there wouldn't be very much open space to walk once you did that.

If it was an option then a regular room at the Beach Club would be a lot better.

page 374

Joining in the thread! We just booked the Beach Club from 8/27/16 - 9/3/2016. Will be our first time at the resort and looking forward to learning more about it on here!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

We just booked our first stay at the Beach Club for a standard club level room for my daughter's surprise 3rd birthday trip. We will be there from Sept 22-Sept 29th. Last March, we stayed club level at the Boardwalk and loved being so close to Epcot, so we are excited to be back in the same area! I can't wait to spend lots of time at the pool complex!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I wanted to post a brief review of the new kids club program.

*snip*

Thanks so much for your review. Since we get this question every so often, I hope you don't mind if I add your response to Page 1, Post 5.

Continuing to wish you safe travels as you make your way home!

Oh, and the pool appeared closed yesterday around 4:30 and HH was not open. There weren't any storms, so I assume they close when temps go below a certain number? It was in the mid-40s at that point.

I know it is not often that the pool closes due to low temperatures, but it doesn't surprise me. I didn't know about Hurricane Hanna's closing down as well.

:scratchin

I'm joining the Beach Club Club! I'm taking my sister, niece and nephew to WDW in August. It's the kids (and probably only) trip! I've been back on forth on resorts. My niece (12) has trouble making decisions (just like me). My nephew (14) has said he doesn't care. Today he finally chimed in with "Stormalong Bay looks awesome!" So it's finally finalized. We're staying at the Beach Club 8/17 - 8/24. Unfortunately they only had a pool/water view room available. So sad. :rotfl2:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

These resorts are definitely great choices for families with teens. The pool complex is awesome and it is great to be able to walk to two of the theme parks.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter