Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I had a 12:35 pm ADR at Beaches & Cream today and SAB was very busy. There was a cast member standing at the entrance with wrist bands. I don't know if that's typical or a sign of it reaching capacity.
That’s normal. You have to show you are staying at YC or Beach Club or BCV to get in. They usually scan band.

Anyone who has eaten at Ale & Compass recently - how crowded did the restaurant “feel”? I am super Covid-nervous and not a fan of indoor dining. I know we can get A&C to go, but a “real” sit-down meal sounds absolutely decadent for our trip this weekend. I wondered if, being at a resort, A&C was maybe a little less crowded? Or were all (socially distanced) tables filled? I know this is a super subjective question, so thanks for any perspectives!
We ate dinner at Ale and Compass just a couple of days ago. The tables were nicely spaced apart. It looked like they were using 50% of the tables. The wait staff wore masks and face shields. Most people had their masks off the entire time they were in the restaurant. If you are worried then you can order your dinner to go. :)

Does anybody know what time the International Gateway entrance to Epcot is open? I'll be walking in from YC on Sunday. I was hoping it would be open a little earlier than 11am.

I'm curious how many people have found that their rooms are ready upon arrival if arriving before official check in time. We are flying in the night before our trip 'officially' begins, staying at the MCO Hyatt, and then transporting from airport to the hotel the next morning early. Trying to gauge if our room might be ready or if we should just prepare to store them bags (which is totally fine) and then bust booty to HS.
These are my experiences this year; all of the reservations I picked a 7:30am arrival time and made no room requests.
CCV 2br villa room ready text at 7am
AKV Kidani studio savanna text at 12:30pm
BWV studio standard text at 7am
Also, in September stayed at YC in a garden room got the text at 8:30am

Big River Grill is open at the Boardwalk but Disney hasn’t loaded them into the reservation system yet. They are taking reservations through Open Table right now. We had dinner there on Tuesday night. The food wasn’t too bad. The beer and the view were both good. :)
Love sitting outside at Big River Grill! Is the menu the same as before? Do they still have the meatloaf?

I'm curious how many people have found that their rooms are ready upon arrival if arriving before official check in time. We are flying in the night before our trip 'officially' begins, staying at the MCO Hyatt, and then transporting from airport to the hotel the next morning early. Trying to gauge if our room might be ready or if we should just prepare to store them bags (which is totally fine) and then bust booty to HS.
Can’t help with the current situation but a thought for you and other that do a similar arrival strategy....we also usually come in in late the night before things “officially” begin. When we do, and are staying at a deluxe resort, we book that late arrival night at a value hotel like All Star Movies, etc. The price really is not that much different than something like the MCO Hyatt but the big advantage is that the next morning you just drop your bags with the bag drop folks at your value hotel. They will ship the bags to your new hotel and you can jump on transportation straight to the parks. When done at the parks, just head to your new hotel to check in. Your bags are at the valet waiting for you. Even when I have hotel points to use for the late arrival night, I’ll spend the $$ for a value hotel to take advantage of this. It is so convenient.
Enjoy your trip !!

Can’t help with the current situation but a thought for you and other that do a similar arrival strategy....we also usually come in in late the night before things “officially” begin. When we do, and are staying at a deluxe resort, we book that late arrival night at a value hotel like All Star Movies, etc. The price really is not that much different than something like the MCO Hyatt but the big advantage is that the next morning you just drop your bags with the bag drop folks at your value hotel. They will ship the bags to your new hotel and you can jump on transportation straight to the parks. When done at the parks, just head to your new hotel to check in. Your bags are at the valet waiting for you. Even when I have hotel points to use for the late arrival night, I’ll spend the $$ for a value hotel to take advantage of this. It is so convenient.
Enjoy your trip !!

I have done that before! We probably would have done something similar this time, but I have a dinner scheduled with my big boss our arrival night since he's living in Florida atm during the pandemic.

Love sitting outside at Big River Grill! Is the menu the same as before? Do they still have the meatloaf?
They didn’t have meatloaf on the menu. My husband looked for it but it wasn’t listed. Many of the items are the same as before but I think there are some new ones too. My husband really liked the pub grilled chicken sandwich

We reserved a cabana and the cm gave me a confirmation number. She said it would show up in my disney experience but the reservation never has??? Should I call to confirm the cm booked me right or was she missed informed that the reservation would show up in MDE?

We reserved a cabana and the cm gave me a confirmation number. She said it would show up in my disney experience but the reservation never has??? Should I call to confirm the cm booked me right or was she missed informed that the reservation would show up in MDE?

Just to follow up with this I called and the CM said any reservation that you can NOT book online on MDE will not show up in your plans on MDE also you can no longer get pass holder discounts for cabanas and my cost was 318 for a full day for a saturday in May hope that helps someone else

Speaking of cabanas, what is the likelihood of a cabana being canceled for our trip at the beginning of April? Currently they are all booked up, but hoping we might get lucky (though I also recognize this is bumping up to spring break / Easter)! Has anyone had luck in booking a cabana that was previously booked (i.e., you tried booking but not availability but called back and it was then available)?

While possible as guests change plans all the time. If you have the time just check from time to time go for it. I would also suggest you check on the AP discount again when you call as it may just have been the CM did not know how to process the discount.

The biggest downside is that Easter is April 4th this year and there are only 4 Cabanas.

ETA: added comment about AP discounts and CM.

Dave

Last edited:
Speaking of cabanas, what is the likelihood of a cabana being canceled for our trip at the beginning of April? Currently they are all booked up, but hoping we might get lucky (though I also recognize this is bumping up to spring break / Easter)! Has anyone had luck in booking a cabana that was previously booked (i.e., you tried booking but not availability but called back and it was then available)?
People change their plans all the time, just keep checking. We did a 1/2 day cabana back in 2019 and it was really fun so don't give up!

Just to follow up with this I called and the CM said any reservation that you can NOT book online on MDE will not show up in your plans on MDE also you can no longer get pass holder discounts for cabanas and my cost was 318 for a full day for a saturday in May hope that helps someone else

The discount must have just been discontinued. We have 1 booked for March 20th, booked a few days after the 60 day mark. I got the discount. I probably called at day 57, 2 of the 4 were already booked. They seem very popular since the reopening. I’m sure with limited capacity at SAB having a cabana is a big advantage. Kind of makes sense they don’t need to offer a discount on them right now. Too bad tho.

Edit: will be interesting to see if they eventually put a few more in. They certainly have room in the same area, even tho they would lose more chairs & a couple tables.

Last edited:
I took a couple of pictures of the construction work at the Beach Club this morning. They are removing the concrete in front of the lobby windows, too. We are going home today and maybe it will be finished by the time we return in May. :)

Attachments

• 4E34BDD0-FCF3-484B-B039-D15B2A2E50BA.jpeg
    4E34BDD0-FCF3-484B-B039-D15B2A2E50BA.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 51
  • 695D07F5-9810-47DD-A3EE-4F44010CF008.jpeg
    695D07F5-9810-47DD-A3EE-4F44010CF008.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 50
I took a couple of pictures of the construction work at the Beach Club this morning. They are removing the concrete in front of the lobby windows, too. We are going home today and maybe it will be finished by the time we return in May. :)

Thanks for the pictures. Very intriguing. Wonder what their doing. We’re at YC in 2 weeks & again mid April. I’ll try to grab some pictures too.

Thanks for the pictures. Very intriguing. Wonder what their doing. We’re at YC in 2 weeks & again mid April. I’ll try to grab some pictures too.
It looks like they are leaving the ugly planter and the brickwork around the plaza in place. The stairs are still there. I know that the area forms a big lake when it rains really hard, so I would think that some drainage would be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter