Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Anyone know why the pool deck was at capacity several times last week? All chairs taken. You could get in to swim but had to wait outside for a chair to free up. Maybe less people are going to the parks and just staying at the resort? It's going to be real crowded when the Beach Club opens.
We were at SAB yesterday and I was surprised at how many people were there in the afternoon considering that the Beach Club is closed. There were still chairs available and we were able to get a table in the shade, but it was a busy place. The quiet pools were empty though, especially the BC quiet pool.

I am torn about my HS rope drop plan. For a 9am opening should I walk over around 7:45am or take the 8am (ish) boat? I read a post of a visitor saying they took a boat at 8am and they used a side entrance by the dock and passed everyone else in line for temperature check. 🤷‍♂️
The line for the 8am boat was long and not everyone could get on the first boat. You absolutely want to get over to Hollywood Studios at least 1/2 hour before opening or earlier. They let people in early and start running the rides early. We got a late start on Monday and walked in the gate at 9:01am for a 9:00 am opening time. We walked straight to Toy Story Land and the line for Slinky Dog was already at 60 minutes. We went to TSM first and the line was 25 minutes long. And the park had only been officially open for one minute.

I think that the person who said that they went to the side for a shorter temp check line was heading over toward the left side. That is where the people come in from the parking lot. Those lines are usually shorter.

Regarding the pools being busy: don't forget that a lot of people may be staying at BCV. Pre-COVID, BCV was almost always full. Currently, some DVC owners have tons of points to use from when the resorts were closed, and from when the resorts re-opened but they could not travel (maybe couldn't cross the border) or were not comfortable travelling. So I would expect BCV to continue to be pretty full. And people staying at BCV are allowed to use Stormalong Bay.

Let’s not forget that it has been significantly warmer recently, we’ve been spoiled by cooler temps for several months, now that it’s well in to the 80’s most days people are finally taking advantage of the pool.

I had a 12:35 pm ADR at Beaches & Cream today and SAB was very busy. There was a cast member standing at the entrance with wrist bands. I don't know if that's typical or a sign of it reaching capacity.

Does anyone know if you can buy gift cards at the YC store? (I feel like this is really stupid question, but never done it before so figured I'd ask you wonderful folks!) Been getting cash for various holidays over the year and my bank still isn’t doing deposits, so am hoping to put it on a gift card so I can go cashless (at least after purchase of the gift card) for my upcoming trip.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can buy gift cards at the YC store? (I feel like this is really stupid question, but never done it before so figured I'd ask you wonderful folks!) Been getting cash for various holidays over the year and my bank still isn’t doing deposits, so am hoping to put it on a gift card so I can go cashless (at least after purchase of the gift card) for my upcoming trip.

Thanks!
The resort shops have always sold them in the past at checkout. I presume they are still available now. I believe there is a minimum value of $25 for purchased gift cards.

Have you thought about purchasing locally, before your trip? Many stores offer discounts on Disney gift cards, and you would save a little, over purchasing onsite at WDW.

In case you are not familiar with the DISboards gift card thread, there is some very good info posted, including where discounts are available.

DISboards gift card thread

I had a 12:35 pm ADR at Beaches & Cream today and SAB was very busy. There was a cast member standing at the entrance with wrist bands. I don't know if that's typical or a sign of it reaching capacity.

Just FYI, that is normal protocol at SAB even in pre-COVID times. It’s the only WDW resort pool that actively stations CMs at the pool entrances to ensure that you are in fact a YC/BC/BCV guest. Those CMs scan your MB and give you a wrist-band which indicates you’re a guest.

Hope you enjoyed your B&C lunch!

I'm curious how many people have found that their rooms are ready upon arrival if arriving before official check in time. We are flying in the night before our trip 'officially' begins, staying at the MCO Hyatt, and then transporting from airport to the hotel the next morning early. Trying to gauge if our room might be ready or if we should just prepare to store them bags (which is totally fine) and then bust booty to HS.

I'm curious how many people have found that their rooms are ready upon arrival if arriving before official check in time. We are flying in the night before our trip 'officially' begins, staying at the MCO Hyatt, and then transporting from airport to the hotel the next morning early. Trying to gauge if our room might be ready or if we should just prepare to store them bags (which is totally fine) and then bust booty to HS.

YC or BCV?

Pre-COVID, it sometimes was pretty late before DVC rooms were ready. Could be after 5:00 on occasion. Haven't been there recently.

Is there any place to get drinks and/or food near the quiet pools (preferably the YC quiet pool)?
The marketplace isn’t too far from the quiet pool.

We have had our room ready when we arrived around 11am two of the last three times we arrived at the YC. We didn’t get our room until 2:54 on this trip. But if you are arriving really early then you should plan on checking your bags with bell service. :)

Hello - Is there are hard limit on how many people they are allowing into Stormalong Bay? I saw a post about waiting behind a gate, but I couldn't see if it came from having a hard number Disney will allow in. This will make a trip this summer be harder to get in and get a spot inside the gate - correct? Thanks in advance.

Pre-Covid our CL YC room was at 7:15AM when we arrived.

Anyone who has eaten at Ale & Compass recently - how crowded did the restaurant “feel”? I am super Covid-nervous and not a fan of indoor dining. I know we can get A&C to go, but a “real” sit-down meal sounds absolutely decadent for our trip this weekend. I wondered if, being at a resort, A&C was maybe a little less crowded? Or were all (socially distanced) tables filled? I know this is a super subjective question, so thanks for any perspectives!

Thanks!
I go to my grocery store and get my gift card there. When we went at Christmas my kids had about $100 from their Grandma they wanted to use so I went to Kroger and got the card a few days before leaving (super easy and I got 4x fuel points I used on the drive down, if your local store has something similar I recommend that).

I've stayed at YC multiple times since opening, and BCV a few weeks ago, and my rooms have always been ready around the time I said I would be arriving. For YC that means they were ready in the morning a bit before we arrive, and at BCV the room was ready around 4. I knew we weren't going to be there until 10:30 pm so I left the default check in time in my online check in. Sure enough I had a room ready text around 4pm, not sure if it would have been earlier if I had said we were arriving earlier or not, but I've stayed at multiple resorts since opening and they've all been fantastic about having the room ready when we say we're arriving.

I'm excited to be coming back to catch up on all the Yacht and Beach club goings on. Although I haven't really posted, I have always found these threads to be really helpful!

Original trip was 3/2020 (BC). Rescheduled to 12/2020 (BCV) but weren't quite ready to travel then. Now with both adults vaccinated and ADRs and plane tickets in hand, I feel comfortable actually making plans. We'll be at YC 4/22-4/27 for a belated 10th birthday (she will be 11+1 month) girls only trip. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter