Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Two Days!!!

Two Days until we walk in, change in a bathroom or something, and check in at Cabana #1, and order drinks and lunch - and just totally forget about everything for a brief period of time.

Safely of course....but you know what i mean.
There are shower rooms that you can use to change if your room isn't ready when you arrive. They are located near Beaches and Cream Restaurant. And there are lockers located inside Storm Along Bay where you lock up your belongings. :)

We rented another cabana today, we may be obsessed. We were able to reserve #4 for the morning. I prefer #3 but it is nice back here in #4 too! Resting this morning then closing MK tonight!

I seriously cannot wait for the cabana. This will be our first cabana rental - I love the idea of being able to plus up our pool day haha

Hello everyone 😊
Can anyone tell me if the beds at YC are on the soft or hard side?
We stayed at CSR in Casitas two weeks ago and the beds were rock hard. Our hips and my husband's bad shoulders were in bad shape every morning and it made sleeping uncomfortable.
We're looking at a trip in March and I'm trying to find the softest mattress between YC, BW villas and WL CC villas.
We've stayed at BW and the beds were fine for us, I just wasn't sure if they used the same mattress in the villas.
Thank you!

Just returned from YC. I thought the beds were really comfortable. I need a softer mattress otherwise I get pain in my hips and shoulders when I sleep. I slept great! When we stayed at the Poly this September the beds were so hard I was miserable. YC was a dream compared to those Poly beds.

Just returned from YC. I thought the beds were really comfortable. I need a softer mattress otherwise I get pain in my hips and shoulders when I sleep. I slept great! When we stayed at the Poly this September the beds were so hard I was miserable. YC was a dream compared to those Poly beds.

That's the same issues we have with hard beds! Hips and shoulders, ugh.
We actually booked CR this morning, it was a good deal so we booked it just to lock it down and make park reservations.
I'm not excited to stay there though. I plan on watching the prices closely and if we can move to WLV, YC or BWV we will switch resorts in a heartbeat. Especially now that I know about the beds.
Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it!

There are shower rooms that you can use to change if your room isn't ready when you arrive. They are located near Beaches and Cream Restaurant. And there are lockers located inside Storm Along Bay where you lock up your belongings. :)
Keep in mind the shower rooms are currently not available due to COVID - and they said it’ll be sometime way in to the future before they open.

Well we had a great trip. We felt super safe for our entire trip to WDW and at the resort. I’d say in general we felt safer here than back at home in terms of social distancing and mask compliance.

I will however echo what I’ve read other places here, the ME ride back to the airport is a disorganized mess. Highly discouraging.

No assigned seats. No social distancing. Very disappointed. We couldn’t even find four seats “together” for our family and had to sit several rows apart but back to back with other families - nothing social distant about this ride. Very disappointing.

That's the same issues we have with hard beds! Hips and shoulders, ugh.
We actually booked CR this morning, it was a good deal so we booked it just to lock it down and make park reservations.
I'm not excited to stay there though. I plan on watching the prices closely and if we can move to WLV, YC or BWV we will switch resorts in a heartbeat. Especially now that I know about the beds.
Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it!

We actually did a split stay between CR and YC. The CR beds were good too. Maybe a little firmer than our YC beds but still on the softer side. I had a hard time getting into my YC bed lol. I think they are higher up off of the ground. You should sleep well at CR! 😴

We actually did a split stay between CR and YC. The CR beds were good too. Maybe a little firmer than our YC beds but still on the softer side. I had a hard time getting into my YC bed lol. I think they are higher up off of the ground. You should sleep well at CR! 😴
Yes - the beds at the YC are 5” - 6” higher, than normal bed height. The only exception is in the accessible rooms, where the beds are actually a little lower, than normal bed height.

Hi Dee!
Can you please pen me in for the BCVs [studio] 10/20 - 10/28? Hoping that F&W is up and running like we used to know it in 11 months! Thanks!

Our plans have changed, originally was booked to be on a Royal Caribbean cruise Nov 2021, with a stay at wdw before and universal after... we have bumped our cruise to oct 2022 and decided to just do a week at Wdw and 3 days at Universal now. I’ve always wanted to try Yacht Club, so I’m considering splitting it and doing 3 nights at YC and 3 nights at four seasons. Is storm along bay pool open and usable? This is a big reason I’m choosing YC. Also does yachtmans have plans to reopen? This trip is a year away so I’m hopeful! Lastly what is a good room request if I have a water view and I book my boys in a garden view to not have too much excessive walking, to be close to the Lobby and kind of central??? I wonder if club level will open again by next year? As we always stay club level in Wdw but it’s not a option to book currently sadly 😢

Checking in to the BCVs this morning after we check out of the BWVs. If anyone would like me to check on anything please let me know! We also have one night at the YC if there is anything there someone has questions about. Hope everyone one has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Checking in to the BCVs this morning after we check out of the BWVs. If anyone would like me to check on anything please let me know! We also have one night at the YC if there is anything there someone has questions about. Hope everyone one has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Not important, but I was wondering how much they decorate inside the BCV building. The lobby area is really small, so not a lot of room to decorate.

Has Stormalong Bay been really crowded? Thanks

Wishing you a fantastic stay!!!

Is the coffee station still available in the early morning hours at the BC Solarium- don't make a special trip, but if you see anything about it let us know.

Also, if the poolside locker/shower room re-opens while you are there. Reports this week indicate that they are closed.

Thank you!

:goodvibes

Has Stormalong Bay been really crowded? Thanks
Wishing you a fantastic stay!!!

Is the coffee station still available in the early morning hours at the BC Solarium- don't make a special trip, but if you see anything about it let us know.

Also, if the poolside locker/shower room re-opens while you are there. Reports this week indicate that they are closed.

Thank you!

:goodvibes
Thanks! I will check this all out and report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter