Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just can’t believe all the great ADRs that I have to go cancel........

I hate that for you @focusondisney, that’s many booked and canceled trips for you so far. Such an unfortunate set of circumstances all around, but better days are ahead with lots of make up WDW trips and YC stays, I’m sure of it.

Separately, cancelling anything good? :goodvibes

Well, if all goes according to plan, I leave in 11 days for Disney and my first stay at YC. Question for the YC experts - I may do mobile order to go from A&C for dinner one night. Anyone have any suggestions for little “secret spots” to take my A&C and have an outdoor picnic? I know I could eat in my room or on my balcony/patio, but I’d rather eat somewhere outside on the resort grounds. Thanks for any suggestions!

Well, if all goes according to plan, I leave in 11 days for Disney and my first stay at YC. Question for the YC experts - I may do mobile order to go from A&C for dinner one night. Anyone have any suggestions for little “secret spots” to take my A&C and have an outdoor picnic? I know I could eat in my room or on my balcony/patio, but I’d rather eat somewhere outside on the resort grounds. Thanks for any suggestions!
If SAB is open and the weather cooperates you could grab a table there. There is also an upper deck portion for seating at SAB which is over Hurricane Hannahs. Other options would be the quiet pool area at the YC or if you're really adventurous you could grab a couple [or more] lounge chairs and set up camp on the beach portion of Crescent Lake.

If SAB is open and the weather cooperates you could grab a table there. There is also an upper deck portion for seating at SAB which is over Hurricane Hannahs. Other options would be the quiet pool area at the YC or if you're really adventurous you could grab a couple [or more] lounge chairs and set up camp on the beach portion of Crescent Lake.
Fantastic suggestions - thanks!!

I hate that for you @focusondisney, that’s many booked and canceled trips for you so far. Such an unfortunate set of circumstances all around, but better days are ahead with lots of make up WDW trips and YC stays, I’m sure of it.

Separately, cancelling anything good? :goodvibes

Yep! CRT, BOG, Sci Fi, Topolinos Terrace dinner, B&C, Tutto Italia, HBD, LTT & Chefs. What can I say.... we like to eat! :lmao: Gonna be there 11/29- 12/3? Although most are only for 2 people, but I’d be happy to send some your way.

And thanks to everyone here for their positivity. I still love to read everyone’s reports & know that life goes on & Disney is still there waiting. I’m mostly annoyed because this was gonna be one last blow out year before DH retired & we became “fixed income”. I wondered how I’d deal with cutting back on CL or deluxe stays sometimes. So now I‘ll just appreciate being there & won’t care where I stay. God/ Karma/ the Universe always has a way to smack you in the head & remind you to appreciate what you have. :rolleyes1

I feel your pain. Likely have to cancel our early December trip this week. Rumour has it the Canada-US border closure will be extended at least another month.

I have completely lost count as to how many cancelled trips this will make. I hate 2020.

Sorry you have to cancel too. But yea, I heard the boarder closure is extended til Dec 21 now.

Was the resort decorated overnight?

Curious to see what they are doing this year at the Yacht Club and Beach Club.

:santa:
No decorations in the lobby at either resort this morning. They said maybe it’ll go up tonight but due to staff cutbacks it’s been hard to pinpoint an exact date/time.

We leave tomorrow evening (extended the trip by a day for more pool time) so we’re hoping to at least see the tree up in the lobby tomorrow before we leave. Fingers crossed.

No decorations in the lobby at either resort this morning. They said maybe it’ll go up tonight but due to staff cutbacks it’s been hard to pinpoint an exact date/time.

We leave tomorrow evening (extended the trip by a day for more pool time) so we’re hoping to at least see the tree up in the lobby tomorrow before we leave. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update!

:thumbsup2

Hello everyone 😊
Can anyone tell me if the beds at YC are on the soft or hard side?
We stayed at CSR in Casitas two weeks ago and the beds were rock hard. Our hips and my husband's bad shoulders were in bad shape every morning and it made sleeping uncomfortable.
We're looking at a trip in March and I'm trying to find the softest mattress between YC, BW villas and WL CC villas.
We've stayed at BW and the beds were fine for us, I just wasn't sure if they used the same mattress in the villas.
Thank you!

Hello everyone 😊
We stayed at CSR in Casitas two weeks ago and the beds were rock hard. Our hips and my husband's bad shoulders were in bad shape every morning and it made sleeping uncomfortable.
We're looking at a trip in March and I'm trying to find the softest mattress between YC, BW villas and WL CC villas.
We've stayed at BW and the beds were fine for us, I just wasn't sure if they used the same mattress in the villas.
Thank you!
We were there a couple of weeks ago and thought the beds were soft.

I am sad to report that I canceled our early December trip to the Beach Club Villas. My area has moved back a whole phase starting tomorrow for the next two weeks. The governor has said that if infection rates don't drop by then, we will have a stay at home order again. I feel it is too risky to make the trip at this point. We have another trip booked in March, so we are hoping things calm down by then.

Hello everyone 😊
Thank you!
If you have doubts about the YC mattresses, there have been YC guests who've been so pleased, they've wanted to buy them for their homes.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...Club_New_Beds_Mattresses-Orlando_Florida.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter