Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone here done a split stay and had groceries transferred? I would just do 2 separate orders but since it's just DH and I we never can order enough to make it worth it. This time we're getting a car service and doing a grocery store stop on our way to POP, then transferring to BC later in the week. Will Bell Services transfer our cold groceries (like milk), and a case of water along with our luggage?
Technically they will, but we handle our grocery getting a little different. We have in the past used Garden Grocer, and most recently Amazon Prime Now, to have groceries delivered to the resort. Bell Services keeps our cold stuff refrigerated until we have it sent to our room. (With the exception of last summer when we stayed at ASMU, and it was delivered to our ROOM refrigerator before we even arrived!) When we transfer to the next resort we take a Minnie Van along with all our belongings and have Bell Services keep our food in their fridge until our room is ready.
We do it this way because 1. We have very little grocery needs beyond liquids. 2. I don't want to wait for my luggage to arrive, possibly much later than my check in time, and 3. I don't trust the Mouse to transfer and keep my stuff cool. Yes, I may be a bit of a control freak! :rolleyes1

We recently got back from BCV and we always use Stormalong Bay as our last day before our flight. This trip was the same, and for the last two years, we used the new showers and they've been great. However, they don't have hair dryers in them, so I asked the pool manager if she could supply one on my last day. She was so kind, and left one at the lifeguards chair for me and said she will put in an order for them to be installed on the walls. She told me if a guest is asking, they usually comply. My question is to anyone that is recently returning, have you noticed if they followed thru with this? And for those that are going in the next month or so, could you please take notice and come back and report here? Thanks so much!

We'll be at BC in mid-May. If no one has posted before then, I'll try to remember to check while we're there.

Page 1183-1185

I opted for a CL YC room during our up coming split stay as well as the DxDP for this part of our stay.
Reasons?
1) I want to know what a club level room is like for a later adult only trip and hope the experience is more in line with similar costing rooms outside the bubble.

2) There will be 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children) in the CL room and the cost per person goes down quite a bit with that ratio.

3) I feel confident "working" the DxDP to our advantage so that if we don't use much of the food component (beyond breakfast) @ CL it'll be fine.

4) For my convenience it'll be nice if someone else does breakfast runs;).

Booked a standard view room but may still upgrade to a park view (or whatever it's called) if the lounge doesn't have an Epcot view. Did the same thing at the first part of our stay @ Contemporary where I know the lounge has an MK view.
Recently got some pixie dust from WDW and now one room is 30% off and the other 20%. Used part of the savings to book an extra night.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

For 5 people, staying CL is a great idea, for the availability of breakfast (my favorite), snacks and to have a little space if you need it.

The view from the lounge is nothing to write home about- I'll post a couple of pictures here.

See next couple of posts.

There is not really a theme park view at these resorts- you have standard view (front parking lot or rooftops), garden/woods view or water view. Check out the YC View thread to see some sample of the views in each of the categories. Club level rooms are on the 5th floor.

Yacht Club Room views

:magnify:

Hello all BC & YC fans. I haven't visited this thread in forever. Last year we stayed at BWI when there was no availability at our favorite place. It was very good, but we missed Stormalong Bay. Happy to report, I just booked an adults trip to BC for our 20th anniversary in September. So very excited!

:welcome: back!

What a great place to celebrate your milestone anniversary!

I'll add you to the list.

:love:

Please add us to the list- 5 nights at YC beginning July 4th, Check out July 9th in a garden view room. So excited!

:welcome;

Will do!!!

:woohoo:

We just got back from our Easter trip. We had another great time. Easter is my absolute favorite holiday at WDW. The BC/YC really goes all out with the activities. We participated in most of them today. They started off with the candy scramble completely with confetti cannons. Then they did the golden egg hunt, which was a giant savenger hunt all over the resort. You had to be really knowledgeable about the resort to understand the clues. Then they did a regular egg hunt on the beach. Marie was out most of the morning with very short lines. The last thing of the morning was the carnival. It was cute but a bit unorganized. For instance, there was a game layed out and a CM was there but when I asked, oh...what do you do here? He said, I don't know. We are still figuring it out. Many things were just being set up 30 min after starting. Also, new this year, some things cost money. This was not the case last year. I thought some things were pretty steep, like decorating a cookie. You got a small sugar cookie and chose an icing color, then you could put like 5 different toppings on it and it was $3 or 1 token. Other games were free and gave out nice prizes so we didn't see the need to buy tickets. All in all we had a great stay, can't wait to do it again next year.

Thank you so much for the first hand account and info about the Easter activities. I would like to add your post to the place where I post the prior years' activities schedules since we often have people ask about the activities.

:thumbsup2

The Safeway order was excellent! We arranged for a delivery with a one hour window. The delivery driver texted me when he had arrived at Beach club and was unloading the groceries. I met him at the bellhop and showed my license (we had wine included) and signed for the order. The prices were good, the service was professional, and would recommend them. Included in the order, we also had items such as shampoo and conditioner, hand sanitizer, and some basic cleaning supplies. The prices were very competitive and it was nice to have these things delivered instead of packing them in our luggage.

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to add this to the post on Page 1 about grocery delivery services.

::yes::

Last edited:

Technically they will, but we handle our grocery getting a little different. We have in the past used Garden Grocer, and most recently Amazon Prime Now, to have groceries delivered to the resort. Bell Services keeps our cold stuff refrigerated until we have it sent to our room. (With the exception of last summer when we stayed at ASMU, and it was delivered to our ROOM refrigerator before we even arrived!) When we transfer to the next resort we take a Minnie Van along with all our belongings and have Bell Services keep our food in their fridge until our room is ready.
We do it this way because 1. We have very little grocery needs beyond liquids. 2. I don't want to wait for my luggage to arrive, possibly much later than my check in time, and 3. I don't trust the Mouse to transfer and keep my stuff cool. Yes, I may be a bit of a control freak! :rolleyes1

Looking at my plans, we probably wouldn't be eating many breakfasts in the room since we have some TS breakfasts planned. So now I'm rethinking my plans, and wondering if I can just buy a small container or two of milk at the resort when I check in (instead of having one delivered or picking it up ourselves.) Do they sell milk at the resort?

Looking at my plans, we probably wouldn't be eating many breakfasts in the room since we have some TS breakfasts planned. So now I'm rethinking my plans, and wondering if I can just buy a small container or two of milk at the resort when I check in (instead of having one delivered or picking it up ourselves.) Do they sell milk at the resort?

They sure do! Half gallons definitely, and I think single-serve bottles as well. I don't think there are gallons, but I'm not positive.

:drinking1

Last edited:

Yacht Club Concierge Lounge Balcony/View, October 2016

WP_20161021_109.jpg

WP_20161021_116.jpg

WP_20161021_111.jpg

WP_20161021_115.jpg

WP_20161021_114.jpg

They sure do! Half gallons definitely, and I think single-serve bottles as well. I don't think there are gallons, but I'm not positive.

:drinking1
Awesome! I don't even know if we'd need a half gallon but that's helpful for sure. That takes care of my worry about Bell Services having to move cold groceries. :)

We will be arriving on Sunday. I wonder - What are the chances we can upgrade to club level and what would the price difference be? Is it worth the extra cost?
Thanks!!

Just checked and the cost to upgrade is about $137 a night. Which for 7 nights would be about $1000. I still wonder if it is worth it and will I have to pay parking fees since I would be changing the reservation?

You might want to ask if that’s even possible on the CL thread. Not to damper your day but -in my very limited knowledge & BC CL experience- Disney’s CL experiences come absolutely nowhere close to their price equivalents outside the bubble. Like, I really don’t know much but that specifically is a complaint I have seen in reviews for most all Disney CLs over the years (even on both coasts!) really encourage you to check the CL thread- very knowledgeable people over there who might be able to provide more complete perspectives on this.
ETA: def get the breakfast thing, outside of CL breakfast is SUCH a hassle to me too :)
I'm learning to temper my expectations when visiting DWD but as long as DGD is happy it's all good. This is not to say she doesn't prefer the Hay-Adams as a hotel and Disney as a destination....Yes. I've created a monster;).
The beauty of acquiring a quick, healthy and tasty breakfast is priceless for this early morning curmudgeon as well as the people she travels with, LOL.

Just 28 more days till our first stay at BC!!!! Is there any rooms that you can see fireworks from? and what are they Standard, Garden or Water? Probably Water...

Just checked and the cost to upgrade is about $137 a night. Which for 7 nights would be about $1000. I still wonder if it is worth it and will I have to pay parking fees since I would be changing the reservation?
"Is it worth it?" A very subjective question. We spent five days at YC last month, with the last night In CL before moving to WL. We were SORELY disappointed. We had a stunning room with a garden view downstairs before the move. Despite my request for a quiet room away from the pool at CL, we were parked overlooking the roof and the pool. (I know room requests are just requests, but Disney has always excelled here. It was almost like DSS didn't even add our request to the reservation.) Food was okay but imho not worth an extra $1000 for a week. Spend that money on an awesome event for your family. It will be much more memorable than appetizers and breakfast in the lounge.

How many of you are in the party is a start to figuring out if the upgrade is worthwhile from a financial POV. Compare that to how much you would spend on breakfast for your stay and it'll better help for you to decide. I don't include the snack time and evening appetizers in my calculations simply because I suspect most days we won't be around the resort for those services but you might be. As for parking..I would think if you booked your original reservation before the new fee went into effect making an upgrade shouldn't change it but bet Disney or other posters can answer better than I.

I opted for a CL YC room during our up coming split stay as well as the DxDP for this part of our stay.
Reasons?
1) I want to know what a club level room is like for a later adult only trip and hope the experience is more in line with similar costing rooms outside the bubble.

2) There will be 5 of us (2 adults, 3 children) in the CL room and the cost per person goes down quite a bit with that ratio.

3) I feel confident "working" the DxDP to our advantage so that if we don't use much of the food component (beyond breakfast) @ CL it'll be fine.

4) For my convenience it'll be nice if someone else does breakfast runs;).

Booked a standard view room but may still upgrade to a park view (or whatever it's called) if the lounge doesn't have an Epcot view. Did the same thing at the first part of our stay @ Contemporary where I know the lounge has an MK view.
Recently got some pixie dust from WDW and now one room is 30% off and the other 20%. Used part of the savings to book an extra night.
From my experience, even DDP is a waste when staying CL. Dx DDP would be an overkill for us.
We always take afternoon breaks being as our typical stay is 10-14 days.
When staying CL we have breakfast in the lounge, and have a late TS lunch. Back to resort for pool break, then we are in lounge for apples. This usually fills us as we are still full from large later lunch. And we like grazing rather than another heavy meal. Then we’re off to an evening park. I figure if we get hungry later we can snack at the park but we never are hungry.

Grocery Delivery Services

In the FAQ section (Page 1, Post 13), I have tried to compile information about grocery services that deliver items the resorts in person (as opposed to services that send orders by mail like Staples, Walmart, Amazon- that will go to the Convention mailing center)

So far, I have contact info for Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, Safeway, Turner Drug, Dizzy Dolphin and Amazon Prime Now.

Am I missing any services that you have used successfully?

I also have a collection of feedback about the services. If you would like me to add your commentary to this section- positive or negative- please post here. Please include which service you used, when you used it and what you liked or didn't like about the price/delivery/ordering process, etc.

Thanks!

Grocery Delivery Services

In the FAQ section (Page 1, Post 13), I have tried to compile information about grocery services that deliver items the resorts in person (as opposed to services that send orders by mail like Staples, Walmart, Amazon- that will go to the Convention mailing center)

So far, I have contact info for Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, Safeway, Turner Drug, Dizzy Dolphin and Amazon Prime Now.

Am I missing any services that you have used successfully?

I also have a collection of feedback about the services. If you would like me to add your commentary to this section- positive or negative- please post here. Please include which service you used, when you used it and what you liked or didn't like about the price/delivery/ordering process, etc.

Thanks!

I have no personal experience, but what about

https://delivery.publix.com/ ?

Get Publix Super Markets delivered in 3 easy steps

Order fresh groceries online
Shop at Publix Super Markets
from any device.

Schedule the delivery
Get your groceries in as little as
an hour, or when you want them.

Get it delivered to your doorstep
Fresh handpicked groceries from
Publix Super Markets to your front door!

We don't have Publix where I live, but I always wish that we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter