Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just 28 more days till our first stay at BC!!!! Is there any rooms that you can see fireworks from? and what are they Standard, Garden or Water? Probably Water...
There are many garden view rooms that have a view of the high fireworks from Illuminations, although the trees could block some of them. There are standard view rooms that have a view of the Star Wars fireworks from HS. We had a standard view room last January with a good view of them. I believe that there are standard view rooms that have a view of the fireworks from MK, although they are off in the distance. Some water view rooms might have a view of the Star Wars fireworks. Water view rooms face the Boardwalk and the Star Wars fireworks would be behind them. There are probably some water view rooms that would have a view of Illuminations, although that might be limited to the upper floors or at the ends of the building.

From my experience, even DDP is a waste when staying CL. Dx DDP would be an overkill for us.
We always take afternoon breaks being as our typical stay is 10-14 days.
When staying CL we have breakfast in the lounge, and have a late TS lunch. Back to resort for pool break, then we are in lounge for apples. This usually fills us as we are still full from large later lunch. And we like grazing rather than another heavy meal. Then we’re off to an evening park. I figure if we get hungry later we can snack at the park but we never are hungry.
We''ll be traveling with 3 eating machines aged 9, 12.5, and 17 who will think they are in charge since they out number the adults and probably attempt to close down every park possible. The deluxe dining plan is really for the adults' convenience as we like signature restaurant dinners and the ability to sit down for loooong periods as the mini maniacs plot their next move;). I suspect the man and I will eat in the lounge alone since we get up earlier then the others and they'll rush thru their morning meal in the room between many many wardrobe and hairstyle changes. I kind of recall I used to do the same thing when younger but no longer recall why, LOL.

Grocery Delivery Services

In the FAQ section (Page 1, Post 13), I have tried to compile information about grocery services that deliver items the resorts in person (as opposed to services that send orders by mail like Staples, Walmart, Amazon- that will go to the Convention mailing center)

So far, I have contact info for Garden Grocer, We Go Shop, Safeway, Turner Drug, Dizzy Dolphin and Amazon Prime Now.

Am I missing any services that you have used successfully?

I copied and pasted this from other people's posts:
Instacart: The stores they list for delivery to WDW zip 32830 are: Publix, Publix Liquors, Costco Business Center, Whole Foods Market, CVS Pharmacy and ABC Fine Wines & Spirit. I think that there is a mark up with instacart plus they default a service fee that you have to remove or pay. We currently have an issue with them where they are not honoring our referral credits. They go shopping for you for a slight upcharge. You have to order within a day or so of delivery, though, and if an item is out of stock at the store then they cannot get it for you.

I have not personally tried them.

Also there is a thread with a big warning about WeGo Shop. They have been billing people's credit cards twice.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/do-not-use-wegoshop.3652044/

I copied and pasted this from other people's posts:
Instacart: The stores they list for delivery to WDW zip 32830 are: Publix, Publix Liquors, Costco Business Center, Whole Foods Market, CVS Pharmacy and ABC Fine Wines & Spirit. I think that there is a mark up with instacart plus they default a service fee that you have to remove or pay. We currently have an issue with them where they are not honoring our referral credits. They go shopping for you for a slight upcharge. You have to order within a day or so of delivery, though, and if an item is out of stock at the store then they cannot get it for you.

I have not personally tried them.

Also there is a thread with a big warning about WeGo Shop. They have been billing people's credit cards twice.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/do-not-use-wegoshop.3652044/

Thank you!

I appreciate you finding and posting this helpful info.

:thumbsup2

Wait until you arrive and ask when you check in. They might quote you a lower price to do it on the spot.

Probably not. YC is not even showing any club level rooms available for next week. And it's even within the 5 day cancellation period already too.

Probably not. YC is not even showing any club level rooms available for next week. And it's even within the 5 day cancellation period already too.

Oh, well I assumed since the person asked and knew the cost (and mentioned altering a reservation), there was availability showing.

Oh, well I assumed since the person asked and knew the cost (and mentioned altering a reservation), there was availability showing.

Sigh, there was availability when I checked. I'll still ask when we arrive and see what happens. This is my DH's first real stay at a deluxe and I was thinking about surprising him. We usually stay at POFQ. We will have a fabulous time just staying at YC. No kids, no grands, just walking distance to Epcot, it will be wonderful!

I'm arriving at the Beach Club a week from Sunday (yay!). Anyone know what the current hours are for Stormalong Bay and the quiet pools?

I'm arriving at the Beach Club a week from Sunday (yay!). Anyone know what the current hours are for Stormalong Bay and the quiet pools?
I don't know about SAB hours, but the Quiet Pool hours are usually posted 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.; maintenance or weather issue could alter the hours of operation.

Though there are posted hours for the Quiet Pool, the pool is usually accessible 24/7. After posted hours, it's expected that guests using the Quiet Pool will not be loud or disruptive.

Sigh, there was availability when I checked. I'll still ask when we arrive and see what happens. This is my DH's first real stay at a deluxe and I was thinking about surprising him. We usually stay at POFQ. We will have a fabulous time just staying at YC. No kids, no grands, just walking distance to Epcot, it will be wonderful!

It is still worth a shot. I don't know if WDW does this, but at the Disneyland hotels, you can "add on" CL lounge access for a daily fee if there is availability even if all the CL rooms are booked. They allow a certain number of add ons before they cut it off. That might be because at the DLH and GCH, the CL floor is really small, but the lounges are quite large. Plus, suites here don't automatically include CL service so there is some leeway in letting people add it on if they want.

Reactions: msk
I don't know about SAB hours, but the Quiet Pool hours are usually posted 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.; maintenance or weather issue could alter the hours of operation.

Though there are posted hours for the Quiet Pool, the pool is usually accessible 24/7. After posted hours, it's expected that guests using the Quiet Pool will not be loud or disruptive.
I think SAB opens at 9, not sure about closing time.

Hey everyone! I have upcoming reservations at both the YC and the BC, and I have a LOT of questions, so I hope you will bear with me and help :P!! I have stayed at the YC once, but it was a couple of years ago prior to the room renovations. Since then I have not kept up with this thread :duck:so I even have a few YC questions. I see it is over 1000 pages :crazy2:, and I have no idea where I left off prior to our last trip, so while I will try to catch up I don't really see that fully happening. I might have to more of less follow from here :flower:.

Our first 4 nights are in a YC CL SV room. I'll tell you my ideal, and then after you laugh at me :rotfl:can you give me your advice on what you would do and what requests you would add to your reservations? I would like to have a bathtub (almost a must with 2 one year olds), a non shared balcony, a decent view (I know its SV, but the best possible in that category), and decently close to the lounge. So now can anyone tell me how possible or impossible that is? How many of the rooms SV CL have showers and not tubs? How "bad" can the view be, and what requests (if you were only requesting relating to view) would be recommended for the best in that category? How far from the lounge can you be, say compared to the farthest rooms in Poly CL or Atrium CL? Last time we booked SV but were upgraded to GV, and were super close to the lounge with a great view, so I didn't end up having to worry about getting a bad view.

Our next 4 nights are BC CL SV. I have never stayed here and really don't have much knowledge of the resort other than the shared parts with YC. I looked at TP room view finder, and it looks like the SV rooms are all across the front of the hotel and then there are 6 rooms down a little hall. Do the rooms down the little hall that don't face the front of the resort have more desirable views, or are they somehow worse? Because just on the flat TP map they seem like they would be better, and their view photos don't seem right for some of them. What are the general SV CL views? My priorities for here are full balcony (I really, really would like this. what percent of the rooms have one?), decent view for SV, and close to lounge. Do any rooms have shared balconies or only showers?

We cannot upgrade to a better view even if we wanted to, because we need the rooms that sleep 5 since we have 4 kids, 2 of which are infants. We're taking advantage of the last 2 years we can stay CL without needing 2 rooms, a suite, or the deluxe rooms that sleep 6 at WL or BW :laughing: After that the majority or our CL days may be over :sad:. I also wasn't sure if I should post here of over on the CL thread, but thought I would start here since my questions are all resort specific and over on that thread I don't seem to run across as many YC and BC CL reports, lately it seems to be more Poly, GF, and BWI centric. Maybe I should have split all of my questions in into like a dozen posts instead of one, it will take a dedicated Dis'er to take pity on me and tackle this :rotfl2::worship::disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter