Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
enhance

enhance

Here are the rates for 2020. Should give an idea of the cost.

https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-wilderness-lodge-room-rates-season-dates/

Thank you! I knew someone would have a link that would help me out. I really appreciate it. It might be doable based off of those rates, even with the knowledge that they most likely will increase because they always do. But so will the cost of our other options.

No, not yet. They were a couple of floors into room renovations when Covid hit which stopped for awhile, but they are actively finishing the rest of the floors at the moment. Seems to me with so few rooms to fill on the resort side Disney may want to open it once the work is complete (since the resort is already mostly open/staffed given CC and BRV), if they think there’s enough demand to make it worth it. But who knows of course.

Thank you. Like I said, I am not worried until December 2022. Hopefully things will be a bit "normal" and more options will be open. I hope that same for restaurants too. I just didn't want to get too excited about maybe staying at WL if there was no way we could afford it. It's borderline at this point. Doable, but have to decide if it is "worth it". We could make cuts in other areas like no Christmas Party and less Table Service meals, especially with the dining options at WL looking decent. We shall see I guess! It is for sure our first choice, then French Quarter (if open), then Caribbean Beach.

Just booked a night at Copper Creek in a Studio in January, before moving over to OKW (first time there!) with my family in January. I was at Boulder Ridge in September and it was wonderful. Originally booked Boulder Ridge again, but figured nothing could measure up to my room experience in September, so I switched to CC:earsgirl:. Can't wait to experience these studios.

No, not yet. They were a couple of floors into room renovations when Covid hit which stopped for awhile, but they are actively finishing the rest of the floors at the moment. Seems to me with so few rooms to fill on the resort side Disney may want to open it once the work is complete (since the resort is already mostly open/staffed given CC and BRV), if they think there’s enough demand to make it worth it. But who knows of course.

Im here now and they were working on the rooms today on a Sunday, so they must have a rush on it.

YAY! Booked TWO 1BR BRV villas, on points, NOV2021. One for dear wife & I, one for oldest son and dear DIL. 7 nights.... and we go back tomorrow to extend.

1BRs are GREAT this year. No one wants them, everyone has too many banked DVC points that must be burned up in 2021, and my family just gets more room :).

YAY! Booked TWO 1BR BRV villas, on points, NOV2021. One for dear wife & I, one for oldest son and dear DIL. 7 nights.... and we go back tomorrow to extend.

1BRs are GREAT this year. No one wants them, everyone has too many banked DVC points that must be burned up in 2021, and my family just gets more room :).

Agreed, we arrive today in a 1 Bedroom on rented points....you can't beat the deals right now doing rented points. We paid less for 1 bedroom with rented points than we would have for a studio at AP rate....way less. Plus no taxes or resort parking fee added. Renting points right now is the only way to go IMO.

Agreed, we arrive today in a 1 Bedroom on rented points....you can't beat the deals right now doing rented points. We paid less for 1 bedroom with rented points than we would have for a studio at AP rate....way less. Plus no taxes or resort parking fee added. Renting points right now is the only way to go IMO.
Mind if I ask which service you're using to rent points? We've used DVC Rental Store and David's but I don't think they've really discounted their rates and with their stringent no cancellation we've been nervous to book beyond the room we have later this month.

Mind if I ask which service you're using to rent points? We've used DVC Rental Store and David's but I don't think they've really discounted their rates and with their stringent no cancellation we've been nervous to book beyond the room we have later this month.

I used Ronaldo17 from the dvc rental forum on the boards....super easy and such a great deal. Literally took minutes to do from start to finish. I paid with PayPal and he sent me reservation number and deal done.

Awesome news. Booking for a late July\August trip today. Praying for a decent discount to come out for that time frame. God, when did my favorite resort get so expensive? Seems like just yesterday a standard room was in the $250 a night range at rack rate.

Awesome news. Booking for a late July\August trip today. Praying for a decent discount to come out for that time frame. God, when did my favorite resort get so expensive? Seems like just yesterday a standard room was in the $250 a night range at rack rate.
There are a lot fewer cash reservation rooms now. Half the hotel was converted to DVC villas.

Question! Any clue what the renovated rooms will look like? They’ve been working on it for a while, so, I’m curious to see! Were they gutted like the Poly’s were?

Question! Any clue what the renovated rooms will look like? They’ve been working on it for a while, so, I’m curious to see! Were they gutted like the Poly’s were?
Yes a major room rework and not just a soft goods update. Also note the 7th floor was finished and part of the 6th before they stopped last March.

When the resort reopened in July, the renovations did not begin immediately. More like late Sept. early Oct. with the latest reports indicating they were working on the 2nd and 3rd floors. I have not seen any reports that they are working on the 1st floor wing.

@GADisneyDad14 reported that there also appeared to be recent work in one or more of 10 Deluxe rooms at the end of the building overlooking Bay lake.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter