Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geyser Point

To me, Geyser Point is one of the best dining and beverage locations on property. Granted this is high on the list of inconsequential things in life, but I really dislike that it is also the bar for both pools. BUT, at least it is one of the most beautiful spots at WDW, has great CMs, and awesome food and beverages.

I visited a variety of times for either sit-down dining or walk-up bar service - the day generally didn't have a wait but the evenings had a long wait (they take your name and will text you when ready). The walk-up line for to-go drinks was often longish and slow. This was Thanksgiving week, so of course YMMV. They only staff one bartender behind the bar to make drinks for everyone - both dining guests and pool guests. They need two, even at current numbers.

Side note, they have the best drink ice anywhere on property.
Best kept dining secret in all of Walt Disney World if you ask me and my wife, lol. We make it a point to eat here every single trip regardless of where we are staying! (Usually more than once on our MK days).

DFB reporting that Territory Lounge will be open when weather is too cold for Geyser Point to be open. Curious if they’ll be open for Christmas week however like they were for thanksgiving, to help with any crowds.

DFB reporting that Territory Lounge will be open when weather is too cold for Geyser Point to be open. Curious if they’ll be open for Christmas week however like they were for thanksgiving, to help with any crowds.

Interesting, thanks for reporting that. Geyser Point has heaters that do a pretty good job at keeping things warm, I wonder what their tolerance temp is for when they’d make the swap. I’m assuming the heaters are no match for temps the last few days.

Not to disclose my vacation habits, but they definitely need at least one bar open in the evenings - please and thank you!

Interesting, thanks for reporting that. Geyser Point has heaters that do a pretty good job at keeping things warm, I wonder what their tolerance temp is for when they’d make the swap. I’m assuming the heaters are no match for temps the last few days.

Not to disclose my vacation habits, but they definitely need at least one bar open in the evenings - please and thank you!
I found it odd as well, in our many stays/visits I’ve never seen GP closed for weather. I would post a link to the story but I don’t believe its allowed?

Nightcaps are the Disney way!

I found it odd as well, in our many stays/visits I’ve never seen GP closed for weather. I would post a link to the story but I don’t believe its allowed?

Nightcaps are the Disney way!

DFB, as in Disney Food Blog? If so, they’re good. When it doubt, you can just use the URL and let the filter do the work.

www.Disneyfoodblog.com is good, but www.wdwnt.com is not. :-)

I too wonder what their tolerance is... one of our December trips we ate there when it was 1 degree above freezing... we were surprised they were still open, and disappointed they had not put down the barrier fabric "wall" things they have to help reduce the wind. They were handing out blankets to guests.

SW

Is there an opening date for the normal rooms at Wilderness Lodge as of yet? I am not going for 2 years but my friend and I are trying to figure out if it might be possible to afford WL. Normally we stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, but are willing to splurge, just depends how MUCH of a splurge it would be.

Can anyone give me an idea of where it would rank price wise compared to other resorts?

Is there an opening date for the normal rooms at Wilderness Lodge as of yet?

No, not yet. They were a couple of floors into room renovations when Covid hit which stopped for awhile, but they are actively finishing the rest of the floors at the moment. Seems to me with so few rooms to fill on the resort side Disney may want to open it once the work is complete (since the resort is already mostly open/staffed given CC and BRV), if they think there’s enough demand to make it worth it. But who knows of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter