Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening we had the opportunity to dine at Artist Point. While we were not huge fans before the changeover, we were very impressed now. Yes, it is a character meal, and fairly expensive, but the food quality was excellent. I got to try three dishes and loved them all.
03E9D114-20D7-4D68-BE9E-6B8A5563D815.jpeg68D5ABDF-B9DF-4A1D-B51D-A81D8968A4A4.jpeg79771174-AD83-4277-9FD6-F4A6A12F3F0E.jpeg1332D296-20AC-4068-A14B-ED2B4F849085.jpeg998E7366-FF39-4C1B-9ABD-677F060133D9.jpeg2E103F06-560F-43CD-BB43-0D96EDBE6E71.jpeg

In one WL fan’s opinion, they did a great job with this one.

@GrandCalifornian That is a great shot of the section of the woods view rooms that overlook Otter Pond. Those hallway windows are the windows that have a great view of the MK fireworks form the higher floors. :)

Thanks for the Artist Point review. We miss the restaurant but at least it finally became popular as a character meal. :)

Can anyone advise if a standard room is requested on a high floor if you would you get a partial view of the fireworks?
I’ve been looking at touring plans resort map at the standard rooms for WL and there doesn’t seem to be that many of them and some of the views seem to be looking over to the contemporary resort.
Many thanks

We had a standard room with a pretty good fireworks view when we stayed there. Our "looking down" view was a service yard, but our "off in the distance" view was MK. It was lovely at night to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks.

Construction update from our neighbors at Fort Wilderness: the Fort Wilderness beach is entirely closed for the Reflections construction, which includes where the playground used to be. Fortunately they built a new playground in the center of the circular path where they used to park golf carts. We were concerned after WL lost its playground to the Copper Creek construction, but are super happy with the new FW one.

4264C6A1-E82E-4843-9AA5-53727A08470E.jpeg
1A08438C-1560-4956-9C24-0AB2F81EFB85.jpeg
C2B291D3-E397-4602-9C18-0F34EA7BBA82.jpeg
86FFA71A-6AE6-447A-8DD8-5D4D6BEB016C.jpeg
FEA5FC4C-5CB3-4258-94D4-BDE6DB91EF26.jpeg

C42145C5-A0A0-498B-9536-E9172D8627E3.jpeg

Last edited:

We got to ride on a mid-sized boat to MK this morning. The “Calm Seas” is larger than the small boats but smaller than the big boats. They use them for the pirate fireworks cruises. There are steps so you have to fold strollers, but there is a platform on the back for handicapped access, although we didn’t see it being used. For me it was very cool to get to ride a new type of boat at WL.
E018A4EA-4280-42A4-B168-0153C59902B2.jpegF8513A1E-D568-4FF9-824B-BF5CD16FC10B.jpeg671E9513-7C27-4EED-B725-FE94E45EF20D.jpegA21AE940-26D2-4BF2-8EAB-E37E45649229.jpegE81D904E-A83A-4592-B753-DC0EC9478F52.jpeg

We were booked to stay at the Wilderness Lodge last week in a Courtyard view room. We arrived to the resort around 3:15pm and had just gotten a text that our room was not quite ready yet. We went to the front desk to see when our room would be ready as we really just wanted to take a nap. They said our room was just finishing up and we would get the text soon. We walked away and as we were about to sit down we got the text about our room! Room 4043 on the fourth floor.

We get to our room and turn on the TV to watch Stacey (a right of passage) and take a nap - next thing you know the entire room is shaking with loud banging. It literally sounds like a jackhammer is being used upstairs. The TV was shaking so hard it was left on a tilt! I'd never experienced anything like that in my life!!! I knew there would be refurbs going on but I never rec'd anything from Disney before our stay or in the room that it would affect me.

I called to the front desk to see if we could move to any other section of the resort and advised we would be willing to pay extra for a room that was in a quieter location. They said there was nothing that would be quieter.. the lady said she could hear the banging through the phone and asked that I speak up. She made a few calls and about 20 minutes later I got a call from the manager saying they were going to move us over to the Grand Floridian at no additional cost.

I wanted to love this resort so much but I just couldn't. I think we will give it another try after the refurbs. The Grand Floridian however, wow. IN LOVE.

We were booked to stay at the Wilderness Lodge last week in a Courtyard view room. We arrived to the resort around 3:15pm and had just gotten a text that our room was not quite ready yet. We went to the front desk to see when our room would be ready as we really just wanted to take a nap. They said our room was just finishing up and we would get the text soon. We walked away and as we were about to sit down we got the text about our room! Room 4043 on the fourth floor.

We get to our room and turn on the TV to watch Stacey (a right of passage) and take a nap - next thing you know the entire room is shaking with loud banging. It literally sounds like a jackhammer is being used upstairs. The TV was shaking so hard it was left on a tilt! I'd never experienced anything like that in my life!!! I knew there would be refurbs going on but I never rec'd anything from Disney before our stay or in the room that it would affect me.

I called to the front desk to see if we could move to any other section of the resort and advised we would be willing to pay extra for a room that was in a quieter location. They said there was nothing that would be quieter.. the lady said she could hear the banging through the phone and asked that I speak up. She made a few calls and about 20 minutes later I got a call from the manager saying they were going to move us over to the Grand Floridian at no additional cost.

I wanted to love this resort so much but I just couldn't. I think we will give it another try after the refurbs. The Grand Floridian however, wow. IN LOVE.
That's awesome! I'm happy to read someone getting a true pixie dust upgrade from being NICE instead of complaining. Shows you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

That's awesome! I'm happy to read someone getting a true pixie dust upgrade from being NICE instead of complaining. Shows you catch more flies with honey than vinegar!
Oh how true that is. We once got a $300 meal credit (our reservation was messed up) at AKL, and THEY were complimenting ME on how 'nice' I was in my complaining. Hmm....Made me think that people must be pretty crappy at the front desk with the cast members. No reason to scream and yell.

Oh how true that is. We once got a $300 meal credit (our reservation was messed up) at AKL, and THEY were complimenting ME on how 'nice' I was in my complaining. Hmm....Made me think that people must be pretty crappy at the front desk with the cast members. No reason to scream and yell.
I've worked in hotel management for 12 years...I feel for front desk CMs for sure!

That’s so wonderful of them! I love the Grand Flo and I would definitely give WL a chance once refurbs are done! I’ve heard so many stories about how great customer service at WL is

Glad you were moved. I'm a little concerned about noise but we don't go until august. We stayed at WL quite a few years ago and loved it. We are currently booked there for a CL room. I could book GF club level outer building room for the same price. My kids and husband don't want to make the switch. Me on the other hand, I'm swooning over the chance to stay there. If it wasn't for the banging, what are your thoughts about the two? my kids and hubby think the GF is too fancy and girly. *sigh*

Glad you were moved. I'm a little concerned about noise but we don't go until august. We stayed at WL quite a few years ago and loved it. We are currently booked there for a CL room. I could book GF club level outer building room for the same price. My kids and husband don't want to make the switch. Me on the other hand, I'm swooning over the chance to stay there. If it wasn't for the banging, what are your thoughts about the two? my kids and hubby think the GF is too fancy and girly. *sigh*
I don’t have an opinion but I’m sort of in the same boat. I love the look of WL at Christmas (when we’re going) but GF is my dream resort. Could stay at either, or Poly, and husband says he doesn’t care, but when I mention leaving WL he cares lol. GF and WL are completely different vibes. I think you’ll be safe staying at WL in August, because they’re starting on the upper floors. I read 5 months to do it. I’d stay for the new room I think.

I think you will be fine in August! Since CL is on the top floor you most likely won't be able to hear anything at all! We are staying CL at the GF (outer bldg) in May and I can't wait. It is my new favorite resort!!! I personally thought WL was a little dark but I guess that goes with the theming!

I don’t have an opinion but I’m sort of in the same boat. I love the look of WL at Christmas (when we’re going) but GF is my dream resort. Could stay at either, or Poly, and husband says he doesn’t care, but when I mention leaving WL he cares lol. GF and WL are completely different vibes. I think you’ll be safe staying at WL in August, because they’re starting on the upper floors. I read 5 months to do it. I’d stay for the new room I think.

I definitely want to try WL around Christmas - I have heard nothing but good things!

Thanks. When we stayed WL it was our first deluxe so we loved everything about it. We love poly but I can't justify another 2000 for it. I'm worried I won't be happy there because of how dark it is. When you look at GF it's so bright and cheery. I think I need to stop psyching myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter