Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking forward to our visit in Dec 4-11 staying in Firework view room.. Where are these located? I know they are on the side facing MK but are they toward the end or front of the lodge? Always like to be close or by a elevator...

Glad you were moved. I'm a little concerned about noise but we don't go until august. We stayed at WL quite a few years ago and loved it. We are currently booked there for a CL room. I could book GF club level outer building room for the same price. My kids and husband don't want to make the switch. Me on the other hand, I'm swooning over the chance to stay there. If it wasn't for the banging, what are your thoughts about the two? my kids and hubby think the GF is too fancy and girly. *sigh*
Thanks. When we stayed WL it was our first deluxe so we loved everything about it. We love poly but I can't justify another 2000 for it. I'm worried I won't be happy there because of how dark it is. When you look at GF it's so bright and cheery. I think I need to stop psyching myself out.

We loved GF. It is light and bright and airy. So much less crowded than the Poly (which we do love). Love WL too but nothing beats the monorail to us. I would not stay somewhere that construction was going on if there was somewhere else I wanted to stay with no construction at the same time.

So looking forward to our visit in Dec 4-11 staying in Firework view room.. Where are these located? I know they are on the side facing MK but are they toward the end or front of the lodge? Always like to be close or by a elevator...
We don’t have definite locations for which are categorized as fireworks view, but it will likely be near the mid-wing elevator that goes down to Roaring Fork. They will likely be on the 5th or 6th floor, and not too low of a room number (close to the end of the hall) or a room that opens to the lobby, so they should be near the middle of the wing. Enjoy, and report your room number once you’re home.

Is it necessary for you to come home? Because I’d appreciate it if you could stay there and just take pictures for us every day 😆 😍 Thank you!
You know, it would be tough but I’d be willing to make that sacrifice. I’d probably run out of things to take pictures of after a few years though...
In actuality the big problem would come when I couldn’t afford to keep my mug activated and I ran out of caffeine...

You know, it would be tough but I’d be willing to make that sacrifice. I’d probably run out of things to take pictures of after a few years though...
In actuality the big problem would come when I couldn’t afford to keep my mug activated and I ran out of caffeine...

That would be a tragedy!! :faint: 😂 Hope you’re having a great time!!!!!

Just curious for those that own at Boulder Ridge and travel in June or July, how hard is booking a Deluxe Studio at 7 months? We will own at Copper Creek but also really like Boulder Ridge buy not willing to buy since the expiration date is only 2042 but might looking into it buying resale.

Just curious for those that own at Boulder Ridge and travel in June or July, how hard is booking a Deluxe Studio at 7 months? We will own at Copper Creek but also really like Boulder Ridge buy not willing to buy since the expiration date is only 2042 but might looking into it buying resale.
We own at BRV (resale) and go in June but we book at 11 months out. A few years ago (2017), before we bought, I did book it at 7 months out with no issue. This year we booked at 11 months out but switched to BWV at 7 months out so our studio became available.

Now that they sleep five and CCV studios only sleep four, they might be more in demand than they used to be in the old days.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you! I get excited when I see your new posts!!!! I love they have special activities today!! I’d definitely lose at Candy Heart Bingo because i’d eat all the candy hearts I need to play the game with 😂. Love the pictures, thanks again for sharing! Have a great day!!

@GrandCalifornian
I don't think anyone ever posted the Valentine activity schedule before. I didn't even know that there would be special activities today. :)

Usually I know exactly where all your pictures are taken from, but the little bridge doesn't look familiar to me. Is it near the cabins?

Hi all. New to this thread, looking for some thoughts and ideas.

So, planning our family trip for Aug 2021 and we would be staying at AoA family suite. But we are looking for a more relaxing and spread out experience than all parks all the time (I mean, we built in rest days, but it was often 2 full park days RD to close, followed by a rest day).
This time, we will do a couple full days, but more half or partial days and even doing some theming (frontier land coupled with HDDR/wagon ride/campfire at FW; Adventureland with Pirate adventure cruise and then Capn Hooks kids crew; etc)

Will be doing minigolf and water park time, which we hadn't done on our previous trips. And we will hope to time it for one of the first MNSSHP dates before kids and DW (teacher) need to return for school.

That being said, we were thinking of doing a storybook dining meal at Artist Pointe, and I would love some information on other things available to pass some time at WL. The way I have preliminarily mapped out our days, the only time to fit it in would be prior to a MNSSHP party, and we would probably enter MK when party guests can at 4pm (that would probably be our Tomorrowland window before MNSSHP to hit Tron, if open, and SM).

I've also heard good things about Geyser Point, and Whispering Canyons Cafe. Also, what is they Geyser situation like? Is it once a day, once each hour, certain times??

If we were to spend our day at WL, say, have 2 meals there before MNSSHP, what other activities are available? Our kids aren't huge outdoorsy types, but we can probably coax them into something fun but different.

Thanks!!

Wow, that wood just gleams doesn't it?? I'm single-digit dancing today :cheer2: :cool1: :flower1::love:
Congratulations, it should be a nice time to be here.

@GrandCalifornian

Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, I love taking and sharing them.

@GrandCalifornian
I don't think anyone ever posted the Valentine activity schedule before. I didn't even know that there would be special activities today. :)

Usually I know exactly where all your pictures are taken from, but the little bridge doesn't look familiar to me. Is it near the cabins?
The Valentines stuff is cute, even though most of it is just pool activities. The last picture from yesterday is the bridge from the South side cabin parking lot towards the cabins and Bay Lake. I’ve got some more interesting ones I’ll try to stump you with. ;)

Hi all. New to this thread, looking for some thoughts and ideas.

So, planning our family trip for Aug 2021 and we would be staying at AoA family suite. But we are looking for a more relaxing and spread out experience than all parks all the time (I mean, we built in rest days, but it was often 2 full park days RD to close, followed by a rest day).
This time, we will do a couple full days, but more half or partial days and even doing some theming (frontier land coupled with HDDR/wagon ride/campfire at FW; Adventureland with Pirate adventure cruise and then Capn Hooks kids crew; etc)

Will be doing minigolf and water park time, which we hadn't done on our previous trips. And we will hope to time it for one of the first MNSSHP dates before kids and DW (teacher) need to return for school.

That being said, we were thinking of doing a storybook dining meal at Artist Pointe, and I would love some information on other things available to pass some time at WL. The way I have preliminarily mapped out our days, the only time to fit it in would be prior to a MNSSHP party, and we would probably enter MK when party guests can at 4pm (that would probably be our Tomorrowland window before MNSSHP to hit Tron, if open, and SM).

I've also heard good things about Geyser Point, and Whispering Canyons Cafe. Also, what is they Geyser situation like? Is it once a day, once each hour, certain times??

If we were to spend our day at WL, say, have 2 meals there before MNSSHP, what other activities are available? Our kids aren't huge outdoorsy types, but we can probably coax them into something fun but different.

Thanks!!
There is a lot to do at WL. You can get a paper to do a hidden Mickey hunt, there is a lodge architecture tour at 9:00 on many days, and they have tie dye shirt making in the afternoon. There are no bike rentals right now due to the nearby construction on the Reflections resort, but there are boat rentals or you can ride the transportation boats over to Fort Wilderness or CR for free.
The Geyser goes off every hour on the hour starting at 7 AM. You can see it from publicly accessible areas near the pool and Transportation boat dock. Roaring Fork is a good Quick Service place open all day, and Geyser Point is a bar and QS location for lunch and dinner. WCC is great, and we enjoy breakfast there which tends to be a better deal price wise.
We just did Artist Point and loved it. The food was exceptional and character interaction was great, but the cost is high.
Overall it is a great place to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter