Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this on the Copper Creek DVC Post but figured I'd also ask here. For the DVC Owners that own at Copper Creek, Do you have any trouble book at 11 months for June or July for a Deluxe Studio with your points? We are pretty sure we want to buy here over Riviera but nervous a little bit about Room Availability for a Deluxe Studio.

I asked this on the Copper Creek DVC Post but figured I'd also ask here. For the DVC Owners that own at Copper Creek, Do you have any trouble book at 11 months for June or July for a Deluxe Studio with your points? We are pretty sure we want to buy here over Riviera but nervous a little bit about Room Availability for a Deluxe Studio.

No. The only time during the summer I had difficulty booking CCV is 4th of July.

Can anyone confirm (I think I have) that there are no true spa services available at Wilderness Lodge? They have a workout room/sauna and I think they used to do massages, but I don't think they do anymore. I called and the representative didn't think they had anything like that at WL.

Can anyone confirm (I think I have) that there are no true spa services available at Wilderness Lodge? They have a workout room/sauna and I think they used to do massages, but I don't think they do anymore. I called and the representative didn't think they had anything like that at WL.
They have something at the main pool in the building that used to be the pool bar.

Salon by the Springs
Pamper yourself by the pool at this one-stop spot for manicures, pedicures, hair services and more.
Nestled in the tranquil wilderness of the Pacific Northwest, Salon by the Springs provides the ultimate relaxation experience. Indulge in a manicure or pedicure customized to your specific needs—or receive the perfect hairstyle to tackle your next adventure in the great outdoors.
Services are available for Guests of all ages.

They have something at the main pool in the building that used to be the pool bar.

Salon by the Springs
Pamper yourself by the pool at this one-stop spot for manicures, pedicures, hair services and more.
Nestled in the tranquil wilderness of the Pacific Northwest, Salon by the Springs provides the ultimate relaxation experience. Indulge in a manicure or pedicure customized to your specific needs—or receive the perfect hairstyle to tackle your next adventure in the great outdoors.
Services are available for Guests of all ages.

Thanks, that's very helpful. Even a mani/pedi away from the kids would be great for my wife.

Thanks. When we stayed WL it was our first deluxe so we loved everything about it. We love poly but I can't justify another 2000 for it. I'm worried I won't be happy there because of how dark it is. When you look at GF it's so bright and cheery. I think I need to stop psyching myself out.
If you booked CL then you'll have a new room. I doubt the new design is going to be anywhere near as dark.

I can update that I was just able to book a CL room for next week. It was not there earlier this afternoon when I last looked at other options. I would assume that means the CL floor is done but I am purely guessing.
Take some photos for us, @AngiTN , please!
I can't wait to see what the new rooms look like. I've heard that they aren't using the decor that was given a trial run a while back.

Take some photos for us, @AngiTN , please!
I can't wait to see what the new rooms look like. I've heard that they aren't using the decor that was given a trial run a while back.
Without doubt. I'll report as soon as I find out anything. I am going to go on and email DSS to see if they have any update info regarding the floor's status with construction. If it's all done or only some.

I'd heard the same regarding the sample room but found it curious that someone would know what they are not using but have no idea what they are using. If that makes sense

Without doubt. I'll report as soon as I find out anything. I am going to go on and email DSS to see if they have any update info regarding the floor's status with construction. If it's all done or only some.

I'd heard the same regarding the sample room but found it curious that someone would know what they are not using but have no idea what they are using. If that makes sense
I can't wait to hear how you like it.

More info, whatever it means
There are CL rooms available beginning 3/1. None on 2/29. So I guess it's reopening on 3/1?

Appears that there is a new room category for the lodge, at least for December arrivals. There is now a standard view king bed room in addition to the courtyard view king bed room. There is a $75 a night difference between the two different categories, at least for early December dates.

Edit: Appears the new room category is available starting with May arrivals.

Thanks, that's very helpful. Even a mani/pedi away from the kids would be great for my wife.

I had a pedicure at the Salon by the Springs and it was perfect, while staying at WL in December. I actually called the reservation phone number while in the MK earlier in the day and they had appointments available that after noon (plenty). Was great to book spontaneously and enjoy right at my resort. Highly recommend.

Just got back from a two night stay, and we were put in a new room! We were on the first floor, #1008, and the bell services CM said it was one of the test rooms for the new style. I have several pictures on my phone, just have to figure out how to upload them. This was my first time at WL, so I can't really compare, but I loved the room. King size bed (which was a bonus too!), with what seems to be the new standard white bedding, was very comfortable. Glass door on shower, rain shower head along with a removable hand held shower wand. No tub in our room, but maybe because it was a king? I just remember thinking it would have been tough if we still had little kids with us.

Lots of seating - two chairs at a small table (with another nested table under it), a larger chair with ottoman to the right of the bed, and a desk and chair to the left of the bed.

The only bad part of our stay was the construction noise - we tried to nap at the pool Monday afternoon, but the noise was pretty bad. We could hear it in the room too. But nothing early in the morning or evening. Overall, I loved the Wilderness and I'm sure we'll be back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter