Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we just got here today. Spent 3 days at a universal and then came over to WL today and it’s our first time here. It’s so so amazing! We gave our stuff to bell services and explored and then had a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Then went into MK and will be here all day as we have a 7:50 ressie for Skipper.

My question is we did the online check-in last week. They obviously know we are here. They have our bags, we’ve had a grocery delivery which they are holding but it’s 5:30 and we still haven’t received any notifications that our room is ready.
Is it normal to take that long? Or do they just know we are in the parks obviously and are just not in a rush to have it ready/let us know?

If you are waiting for the room ready text, I don't always get them. I would ask at the desk, although I'm hoping this is a moot suggestion at this point.

If you are waiting for the room ready text, I don't always get them. I would ask at the desk, although I'm hoping this is a moot suggestion at this point.

Ok thanks! Sounds like the text isn’t always a for sure thing? Still no text but obviously when we get back we’ll be stopping to make sure all is good at the desk!

So we just got here today. Spent 3 days at a universal and then came over to WL today and it’s our first time here. It’s so so amazing! We gave our stuff to bell services and explored and then had a late breakfast at Whispering Canyon. Then went into MK and will be here all day as we have a 7:50 ressie for Skipper.

My question is we did the online check-in last week. They obviously know we are here. They have our bags, we’ve had a grocery delivery which they are holding but it’s 5:30 and we still haven’t received any notifications that our room is ready.
Is it normal to take that long? Or do they just know we are in the parks obviously and are just not in a rush to have it ready/let us know?
Your room is probably ready. They have not sent me notifications before at all and my room was ready. Sometimes it just doesn’t get sent for some reason.

Thoughts on the current condition of the Boulder Ridge studios? And if you had to decide between 3 nights at a Poly studio vs 4 nights at Boulder which would you choose?

Thoughts on the current condition of the Boulder Ridge studios? And if you had to decide between 3 nights at a Poly studio vs 4 nights at Boulder which would you choose?
With fireworks coming back it’s hard to beat the views from Poly. Boulder Ridge goes into refurbishment in January I believe, which should give you an idea of the state of the rooms. But then again more nights on vacation always wins for me.

Thank you all! The room never popped up until after we got the text which was at 8:00! The room is so nice though - we love it!

And crazy story but the guy from Bell Services that brought our stuff up was from our hometown in Ohio! He was actually in the marching band like our DD is and we had fun chatting with him for a bit! What a small world!

Last edited:
Thank you all! The room never popped up until after we got the text which was at 8:00! The room is so nice though - we love it!

And crazy story but the guy from Bell Services that brought our stuff up was from our hometown in Ohio! He was actually in the marching band like our DD is and we had fun chatting with him for a bit! What a small world!

oohhh so cool. We are going there in September and are from Ohio and my daughter is a senior in marching band - Marion Harding. Where are you all from?

Just curious, any WL-FW-CR boat route sightings now that Disney has rolled back physical distancing on transportation?

With CR mostly being closed for renovation, no HDDR, etc, I wonder if they'll continue to not offer it for awhile. Guess we'll see.

Just curious, any WL-FW-CR boat route sightings now that Disney has rolled back physical distancing on transportation?

With CR mostly being closed for renovation, no HDDR, etc, I wonder if they'll continue to not offer it for awhile. Guess we'll see.

Think I read awhile back that HDDR CMs were called back, which bodes well for a restart soon. Anyone else see that? I swear that sometimes I think I make things up that I want to see. :rolleyes:

Think I read awhile back that HDDR CMs were called back, which bodes well for a restart soon. Anyone else see that? I swear that sometimes I think I make things up that I want to see. :rolleyes:

I saw that too among the rumor blogs awhile back, FWIW.

I have a new WL question….can you mail something home from the lodge? What if you don’t have a box, packing material, etc…? We are apparently buying way too many souvenirs. Lol…plus we really want to take some of these coke bottle bombs home!

A few notes from the Lodge. Whispering Canyon is seating tables closer together. My arch nemesis, the one way exit and entrance at the Mercantile has been removed. I missed the Lodge scent. You didn’t get the full experience with a mask on. The arcade is open.

I just love this place.

Time for a bison burger.

I have a new WL question….can you mail something home from the lodge? What if you don’t have a box, packing material, etc…? We are apparently buying way too many souvenirs. Lol…plus we really want to take some of these coke bottle bombs home!

Ask in the gift shop if they will box things up and ship them home for you. Somebody said something recently and I wish I had paid more attention... Something about being able to have stuff shipped home if there was a receipt from a Disney-owned shop, maybe? I want to say that there was some issue related to getting something shipped that they bought in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

Pre-COVID, when I stayed at Beach Club, I walked over to the YC/BC Convention Center. There is a business office there. I had them ship home my dirty laundry. They provided the box. (My laundry was in a bag.) I don't know if the convention center business offices are open these days. If they were, you could try the one at the Contemporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter