Disney's Swing Into Spring Festival 2015

DLRPWonders

Mouseketeer
The official press release came out today.

* The season will run from March 1st until May 31st 2015.
* Thumper and Miss Bunny will do meet 'n greets together. This will be their first time doing meets at DLP.
* Rapunzel will do meet 'n greets just like last year.
* Merida will do meet 'n greets, but only on restricted days.
* The "Welcome To Spring" show will return, but with a small adaption; the Mary Poppins characters will be added.
* The previous Character Express/Minnie's Party Train/Disney Dance Express etc train will return.
This time under the name "Le petit train du Printemps de Minnie", and will host Minnie and friends! White Rabbit, Thumper and Miss Bunny will be on the train.
* The "Spring Promenade" from last year will disappear, it will be replaced by "Goofy's Garden Party". However "Goofy's Garden Party" is basically an adaption of "Spring Promenade".
The same amount of dancers will be present, just as the cars of Donald & Dais and Mickey & Minnie. Also many other characters will be present.

10906038_10152698031368473_2145504247429101153_n.png

Oh my!!! This some of the best news we could have had!!!!!!

Now I'm super mega excited!!!!

My DD loves "Punzel", Merida (currently pronounced "Murderer"), Minnie and Daisy. And those bunnies are adorable.

Missing this by a week :-(
Really loved it last year; it was a highlight for me.

Ooooh it looks great couldnt decide between feb or march , defo going in march now:goodvibes . Are Elsa and Anna doing m+g in march does anyone know??

Ooooh sounds fab, can't wait.

Would also be interested to hear if Elsa and Anna are doing M&Gs

Cannot wait for our visit in April now!
Our youngest DD is super excited to meet Thumper for the first time :)

Ooooh it looks great couldnt decide between feb or march , defo going in march now:goodvibes . Are Elsa and Anna doing m+g in march does anyone know??

There are rumours that they might be transferred to Woody's Round Up, but so far nothing has been confirmed.
It's very well possible that they will stop doing meets after the Christmas season ends.
And that they will be starting back again doing meets this Summer to tie it together with their Sing-a-Long show in Chaparral Theatre.
It's all starting to revolve too much around Frozen, and since the Spring season is actually NOT based around Frozen, there's actually quite a fair chance that they won't do any meets during Spring and just be back in the parade as before Christmas.

I don't know why, but I am quite excited about a Thumper Meet 'n' Greet. We will be in DLP for the last two days of Step into Spring so I expect we will be dashing around to see all the shows and Meet 'n' Greets that weekend.

If anyone is interested Bambi is being shown on UK TV at 5:35pm on Sunday 4 Jan on Channel 5.

There are rumours that they might be transferred to Woody's Round Up, but so far nothing has been confirmed.
It's very well possible that they will stop doing meets after the Christmas season ends.
And that they will be starting back again doing meets this Summer to tie it together with their Sing-a-Long show in Chaparral Theatre.
It's all starting to revolve too much around Frozen, and since the Spring season is actually NOT based around Frozen, there's actually quite a fair chance that they won't do any meets during Spring and just be back in the parade as before Christmas.

Thanks, aw I know Frozen isnt very spring but it would have been great if they did a m+g.

I don't know why, but I am quite excited about a Thumper Meet 'n' Greet. We will be in DLP for the last two days of Step into Spring so I expect we will be dashing around to see all the shows and Meet 'n' Greets that weekend.

If anyone is interested Bambi is being shown on UK TV at 5:35pm on Sunday 4 Jan on Channel 5.

*Swing Into Spring haha.

Oh I'm excited too! And even more that he will be together with Miss Bunny.
When I read the press release yesterday, I actually started crying!

Great :cool1::goodvibes:cool1::goodvibes

Now i have just to chose the right time to go.... my mum is pretty keen on going in may but i am not so sure i can get time off work then as i already have a break planned around the 15th...

Do you think it will be too cold at the end of April?

Very excited about this! I hope there will still be a heavy Mary Poppins influence as I felt it tied into the spring theme really well. Oooh Thumper! Love him! 71 days til we're off.

Aw, those bunnies look so cute! :goodvibes

Ryanair is now flying from local airport, might just have a little lookie at prices! ;)

Very excited about this! I hope there will still be a heavy Mary Poppins influence as I felt it tied into the spring theme really well. Oooh Thumper! Love him! 71 days til we're off.

Well it won't since it's not a Spring Promenade anymore.
Goofy's Garden Party this year, no Mary Poppins characters or music.
They can be seen in the Welcome To Spring show but just in the dancing part.
This year it revolves around Easter and not around Mary Poppins.

I am really looking forward to this now, it will definately be something different to what I have experienced at DLP in the past. I am also looking forward to seeing Thumper and Miss Bunny out and about; it is nice to see something different happening in the park.

Ooh, lots to be excited about here! :cheer2: Lovely to have new characters and last year DS couldn't understand why Mary Poppins and Bert weren't out with their dancers for the "Welcome to Spring" show so will be pleased that they are added this year. Hopefully they will be around for meets afterwards like the dancers were last year.

We adored the "Spring Promenade" last year so have high expectations for "Goofy's Garden Party". I'm constantly amazed how each new event is more colourful and has catchier music than the one before. :)

Ooh, lots to be excited about here! :cheer2: Lovely to have new characters and last year DS couldn't understand why Mary Poppins and Bert weren't out with their dancers for the "Welcome to Spring" show so will be pleased that they are added this year. Hopefully they will be around for meets afterwards like the dancers were last year.

We adored the "Spring Promenade" last year so have high expectations for "Goofy's Garden Party". I'm constantly amazed how each new event is more colourful and has catchier music than the one before. :)

I don't like the fact that they are added to Welcome To Spring at all tbh.
Don't get me wrong, I adore Mary Poppins.
It has been one of my favourite films since I was little.
The characters fit perfectly in the season and I really loved the fact that Spring Promenade was based around it.

But what I love about Welcome To Spring is that it fits Main Street USA so perfectly.
It really shows that we don't need to add film characters in every thing to make it great.
It's something original to the park and it's a great extension of Main Street USA.

That part of the park takes place in the Victorian Era which ran from 1837 until 1901.
Mary Poppins takes place in 1910, almost 10 years after the Victorian Era ended.
I would love to see Mary Poppins back in the park in a prominent way for Spring, but putting her in Welcome To Spring just takes away the vibe and meaning behind it.

Yay! I'm very excited to be able to meet Thumper and Miss Bunny for the first time. They are so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter