Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

It's not so much areas as view type. There are 768 regular Garden View rooms located all around the resort, the only buildings you definitely won't be in will be the four preferred location buildings (14, 15, 18 and 27) or the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). See my floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php and you can drill down to see all the rooms available in every building (garden view rooms are coloured green).

Andre

Very helpful, thank you!

The other posters are correct, that was the original CGI concept art that was released when Disney was first surveying people back in August 2010 to see if there would be enough demand for this room type (see http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=080810). All of the actually built rooms are exactly the same as each other, none of them have the canopies (it would have been too expensive I assume).

Andre
Thank you all!!!

Does anyone know if there are cases of water in the gift shop? I know some of the resorts have them- checking in on Sunday and hoping POR is one of them :)

Thank you for such an informative thread!! I think I'm going to be referring back to this for the next few months! Originally we were considering the Poly for our upcoming January stay (just 2 nights this time unfortunately!) but to cut costs we decided to look elsewhere and POR fits our needs exactly! Going to book it in the next couple of days :)

Booked my vacation today. May 7-13 I will be taking my Grandson. Alligator Bayou here we come.

Thank you! I normally order through Costco but they don't have the cases anymore!!!

Your welcome! I used to order from Costco too and this past trip I just got the bottled water from the store and it was great. The only downside is lugging it to our room but my teenage children helped me with that. :-)

I just booked sept 30-oct14 2017!! Me, dh, dd, ds and dd! I can't wait! We've never done 2 weeks and this is our first time at POR!!!! Let the planning begin!!!

I just booked sept 30-oct14 2017!! Me, dh, dd, ds and dd! I can't wait! We've never done 2 weeks and this is our first time at POR!!!! Let the planning begin!!!
We always go for 2 weeks. You're going to love being there for that length of time!!! Happy Planning!

The other posters are correct, that was the original CGI concept art that was released when Disney was first surveying people back in August 2010 to see if there would be enough demand for this room type (see http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=080810). All of the actually built rooms are exactly the same as each other, none of them have the canopies (it would have been too expensive I assume).

Andre

I get why they didn't, but wouldn't that have been beautiful?

I'm so jealous! I never feel like I have enough time.

Thanks for all the information on Garden Views, everyone. Been doing a lot of researching!

I have another question - is it likely that two people who have booked a Garden View are likely to get a room in one of the mansion buildings? I understand that the Alligator Bayou section is often given to larger groups, however there are also many more rooms there it looks like. I'm absolutely not a fan of the room theming in the AB sections, is there any tips you would suggest to help nudge getting a mansion building into our favour?

This year I used the TouringPlans room request feature at POP Century and managed to get the exact room I requested, so I'll definitely do that, but any other ideas or reassurances?

I am taking my husband in late August for our 25th Anniversary...was going to be a surprise, but I couldnt hold it in. He prefers the mansion area, I think I'd like Alligator Bayou. I'm going to fax a request, but who cares? Its a visit to wdw!!!

Only way to guarantee a mansion room is to book a RR.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not looking to guarantee one (well, I am, but I'm aware that there are no guarantees when it comes to Disney), I'm just wondering if there are a certain selection of check-in options that make more sense to be considered for a Mansion building. For example, would selecting 'near elevator' be a good option seeing as the AB section doesn't have any elevators? Even then they could easily locate you on a ground floor AB room, but I'm just looking for what selections would make sense. Or even what possible selections there are during online check-in.

Thanks again for any replies.

Better to get your request added to your original booking and then fax 3-5 days before arrival. Currently online checkin does not give AB vs. mansions as an option.

Andre

I have another question - is it likely that two people who have booked a Garden View are likely to get a room in one of the mansion buildings? I understand that the Alligator Bayou section is often given to larger groups, however there are also many more rooms there it looks like. I'm absolutely not a fan of the room theming in the AB sections, is there any tips you would suggest to help nudge getting a mansion building into our favour?
My sister had two in their room and they got a garden view room in the Mansions.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not looking to guarantee one (well, I am, but I'm aware that there are no guarantees when it comes to Disney), I'm just wondering if there are a certain selection of check-in options that make more sense to be considered for a Mansion building. For example, would selecting 'near elevator' be a good option seeing as the AB section doesn't have any elevators? Even then they could easily locate you on a ground floor AB room, but I'm just looking for what selections would make sense. Or even what possible selections there are during online check-in.
Yes, can can request near elevator when doing online check in, if that is what you really want. But I echo what Andre said about making requests. Call central reservations and have the request for a room in the Mansions section added to your reservation. Then fax in the request five days before check in date. I faxed in our room requests and I could not have been happier to have my requests met. :) I just made up my own fax form, too. I didn't use Touring Plans.

Thanks for all the information on Garden Views, everyone. Been doing a lot of researching!

This year I used the TouringPlans room request feature at POP Century and managed to get the exact room I requested, so I'll definitely do that, but any other ideas or reassurances?

I travel solo, and both times I left it to chance I was in the mansions. I'm not saying there's anything you can do to guarantee it, only that it's possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter