Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I wouldn't be concerned one bit. There will be a temporary food court set up at POFQ with pretty much the same menu as normal. I can't imagine guests walking from POFQ to POR when there's options right there at POFQ.
Weirdly enough, DH and I always walk to POR for the make your own pasta when we stay at POFQ. ;)

Weirdly enough, DH and I always walk to POR for the make your own pasta when we stay at POFQ. ;)

Not weird at all. When at POR we walk over to POFQ for the beignets all the time!

My only point was that I don't think there's going to be this huge influx of people at POR because of the temporary food court at POFQ.

Not weird at all. When at POR we walk over to POFQ for the beignets all the time!

My only point was that I don't think there's going to be this huge influx of people at POR because of the temporary food court at POFQ.
I hope you're right, we're staying at POR in September.

Do they not have make your own pasta at POFQ? I thought they did!

They do have Make Your Own Salad and Wraps over at POFQ at the moment, but I don't think any of the MYO options will be made available at the temporary location. The final menu is still being finalised though.

Andre

Last edited:
Just booked at room here for 16 nights from February 24th - March 12th for two people next year. First time staying at Port Orleans, looking forward to it!

Booked a Garden View room. Does anyone know how many Garden View rooms they have and what the possible areas to be located in are? Would like to start scoping out potential areas. I've had a look using my TouringPlans subscription, however I'm still unclear as to which areas are included in Garden View.

Cheers for any info. This thread has been extremely useful so far.

Just amended our booking for next August from standard view to river view. We had free qsdp and originally chose to upgrade that to full ddp and settle with the standard view it the more I though about it the more I worried about the room category. Not so much the view as with no balcony it didn't make much difference but I was worried we would end up with a room on the edge of the property looking at the car park. The car park view ok but didn't want to walk far to the main pool etc. So upgrade we did - not a lot of money in the scheme of things compared to the total cost of the trip. Happy days :)

Booked a Garden View room. Does anyone know how many Garden View rooms they have and what the possible areas to be located in are? Would like to start scoping out potential areas. I've had a look using my TouringPlans subscription, however I'm still unclear as to which areas are included in Garden View.

It's not so much areas as view type. There are 768 regular Garden View rooms located all around the resort, the only buildings you definitely won't be in will be the four preferred location buildings (14, 15, 18 and 27) or the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). See my floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php and you can drill down to see all the rooms available in every building (garden view rooms are coloured green).

Andre

It's not so much areas as view type. There are 768 regular Garden View rooms located all around the resort, the only buildings you definitely won't be in will be the four preferred location buildings (14, 15, 18 and 27) or the two Royal Room buildings (Oak Manor and Parterre Place). See my floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php and you can drill down to see all the rooms available in every building (garden view rooms are coloured green).

Andre

Thank you so much, Andre! Great information, as usual.

I'll definitely look through the plans, that simplifies things a lot.

I apologize if this has been answered, I've tried to search here and online, but am not finding an answer. I've seen photos of Royal View rooms that have "curtains" around the headboards of the bed (see picture). My daughter loves the look of this, and I'm wondering if those are a specific view category or just randomly placed? Any way to book one of those or make a request to try and get one, or is it just luck of the draw? TIA!
image.jpeg

I apologize if this has been answered, I've tried to search here and online, but am not finding an answer. I've seen photos of Royal View rooms that have "curtains" around the headboards of the bed (see picture). My daughter loves the look of this, and I'm wondering if those are a specific view category or just randomly placed? Any way to book one of those or make a request to try and get one, or is it just luck of the draw? TIA!
View attachment 176751

We were just there in May and got a standard Royal Room. The room did not look like this picture.

Go to portorleans.org. Then Guest Rooms and Prices. Then Guest Rooms, Decor, and Amenities. The Royal Room pictured there is what they look like.

We were just there in May and got a standard Royal Room. The room did not look like this picture.

Go to portorleans.org. Then Guest Rooms and Prices. Then Guest Rooms, Decor, and Amenities. The Royal Room pictured there is what they look like.
That's what I'm used to seeing too (the ones you are referring to). So none of the rooms are decorated like the one I posted?

View attachment 176751

They look like the mock-up pics that were online when they announced the Royal Rooms. I would base my expectations on the Disney website , Andre's www.portorleans.org , Travelocity & here on the DIS.

What is the first bus depot stop number?
Bus stops arent numbered. Order depends upon the route and does change. South depot-> West depot ->North depor-> East depot, sometimes it will start at west and go to South last. Sometimes you may go to POFQ/

What is the first bus depot stop number?

For the parks, the first Riverside bus stop is the West Depot, then North > East > South.

For Disney Springs, South is the first Riverside pickup, then West > North > East > French Quarter > Disney Springs.

I've seen photos of Royal View rooms that have "curtains" around the headboards of the bed (see picture).

The other posters are correct, that was the original CGI concept art that was released when Disney was first surveying people back in August 2010 to see if there would be enough demand for this room type (see http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=080810). All of the actually built rooms are exactly the same as each other, none of them have the canopies (it would have been too expensive I assume).

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter