Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a last minute trip haven’t been since Covid. What the buss situation in the am to the parks and getting into the parks??

Fantastic! Thank you! I tried searching last night but the site was acting up for me. I'm super happy to see it's $100 total and not per day, especially since it will be paid in full before we even get there.

a bit more detail about the hold. They put $100 hold on your card the first day. If you don’t do any room charges at all it will be released when you check out but take a few days before your bank releases it. If you do room charging (with magic band) they will let you charge up to that $100 then if you go over it they will place another $100 hold on your card. This repeats every time you pass $100. Since many banks take a few days to release a hold you could accrue several hundred in holds. I don’t like all the holds so we rarely use Room charging except for a small snack here and there if my teen is purchasing with her band. One table service meal for a family would easily go over $100 or even $200.

Just booked a last minute trip haven’t been since Covid. What the buss situation in the am to the parks and getting into the parks??
Buses are currently running only to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

If you want to be on the first bus, it is recommended you arrive at the bus stop approx 90 mins before park opening. Buses won't start to run to the parks until about 45-60 mins before park opening but this will get you towards the front of the lines and the lines do get quite early in the morning.

The same 90 mins is recommended for going to DHS via Skyliner. It normally starts running 60-75 mins before park opening. When you get to CBR you may be asked to go to the back of the CBR line which will add time but still get you there before park opening.

Same as above for Epcot.

Buses are running from Art of Animation to both Epcot and AK if you would prefer to take the bus. Same 90 min recommendation if you want to be on one of the first buses.

Buses are currently running only to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

If you want to be on the first bus, it is recommended you arrive at the bus stop approx 90 mins before park opening. Buses won't start to run to the parks until about 45-60 mins before park opening but this will get you towards the front of the lines and the lines do get quite early in the morning.

The same 90 mins is recommended for going to DHS via Skyliner. It normally starts running 60-75 mins before park opening. When you get to CBR you may be asked to go to the back of the CBR line which will add time but still get you there before park opening.

Same as above for Epcot.

Buses are running from Art of Animation to both Epcot and AK if you would prefer to take the bus. Same 90 min recommendation if you want to be on one of the first buses.
Thanks for the info! Are they running extra buses? Or I’m guessing not that’s why the extra time to wait for the bus

Pop always runs a lot of buses at park opening but due to limited capacity not as many can board a bus. The early arrival is recommended if you want to be at a park when it opens. If you don't, you can arrive closer to the time the buses running or even after they've started but lines can be quite substantial by that time.

a bit more detail about the hold. They put $100 hold on your card the first day. If you don’t do any room charges at all it will be released when you check out but take a few days before your bank releases it. If you do room charging (with magic band) they will let you charge up to that $100 then if you go over it they will place another $100 hold on your card. This repeats every time you pass $100. Since many banks take a few days to release a hold you could accrue several hundred in holds. I don’t like all the holds so we rarely use Room charging except for a small snack here and there if my teen is purchasing with her band. One table service meal for a family would easily go over $100 or even $200.

I don't *plan* on charging anything to the room, so I don't think that will be a massive issue. Thanks for the info!

Have you (or anyone else) been in the showers lately to see if they are open? I’ve been trying to collect reports on if the pool showers are in fact open now. Thanks.

They are NOT open. Which is pretty frustrating, to be honest... they have simply removed the curtains so the space is completely unusable. The end result was a line of people waiting for the handicap stall so they could change clothes after checkout.

I'm not sure the purpose closing them plays but a head's up to people like us who wanted one last swim before hitting the road.

They are NOT open. Which is pretty frustrating, to be honest... they have simply removed the curtains so the space is completely unusable. The end result was a line of people waiting for the handicap stall so they could change clothes after checkout.

I'm not sure the purpose closing them plays but a head's up to people like us who wanted one last swim before hitting the road.

THANK YOU!

Must not want to dedicate a CM to sanitizing the Showers after each Guest use during Covid.

I thought about that, too, but they stopped sanitizing pool chairs between guests since my last onsite stay so I figured those kind of surface sanitizing things were being phased out anyways...

I'm particular about my coffee so I always bring my own. I even make my own pods filled with my fav coffee.

But I will say the Joffery's coffee that is provided is quite good.
Sorry this is a bit obsessive but can you tell me what you mean by pods, ie keurig vs other kind. If other kind, what kind? How do you make your own pods? That's great!
Not sure what the status is now after refurbs and Covid; yes a bit obsessive coffee person.
Thanks!

Sorry this is a bit obsessive but can you tell me what you mean by pods, ie keurig vs other kind. If other kind, what kind?
Not sure what the status is now after refurbs and Covid; yes a bit obsessive coffee person.
I have stayed at POP since covid. No changes in the coffee - still the same Cuisinart 2 cup coffee maker.

They use these flat "pods". You can buy them is several varieties. But not my favorite coffee.
How do you make your own pods? That's great!
I'm glad you asked...

I have stayed at POP since covid. No changes in the coffee - still the same Cuisinart 2 cup coffee maker.
View attachment 559674

They use these flat "pods". You can buy them is several varieties. But not my favorite coffee.

I'm glad you asked...

Ohhh.... was that picture post-Covid? I ask because I loved that Mickeys anniversary blend and was hoping we would get that again.

Would you suggest Amazon or Publix grocery delivery? It appears with both you have to schedule a delivery time. Would Bell Services take this delivery on our behalf if we have a delayed flight? We only want water, soda and a few non refrigerated snacks. Also contemplating taking a ride share to Publix for our list so I can also pick up some premade sandwiches to keep in the room fridge in case someone gets hungry at night. From Google maps it appears this trip could be done within an hour correct?

Hey, I have a question. When I stay at the pop in May will I be able to use the microwave and toaster in the food court
Unfortunately no. The microwaves and toasters are not currently available at Pop due to the current restrictions. They have been removed from the food court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter