Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely-there are Restrooms/Showers/Changing Areas in the Laundry buildings by each of the 3 Pools.

Have you (or anyone else) been in the showers lately to see if they are open? I’ve been trying to collect reports on if the pool showers are in fact open now. Thanks.

Booking my park reservations now. Epcot opens at 11 each day. I’ve heard you can get in the parks 45 minutes before official opening. I think in the past I’ve gone to Epcot via international gateway but couldn’t get past France until the park was officially open. Am I remembering correctly or can you wander around world showcase before 11?
We were at Epcot last Tuesday. We arrive at 10:30 and took a nice stroll through World Showcase and then rode the Frozen ride and were off shortly after park opening. The shops and dining and such were closed, but we got some nice pictures in an empty World Showcase. One of the silver linings of the pandemic is no rope drop.

Have you (or anyone else) been in the showers lately to see if they are open? I’ve been trying to collect reports on if the pool showers are in fact open now. Thanks.
I went in Bowling Laundry Restrooms while we were doing Laundry last month and "think" the Showers were open,but could be wrong-don't remember any "not in use" signs or anything.

I’m going with a friend next month and staying at pop! She’s a coffee drinker and was asking what they had in the rooms. I’ve noticed they have a coffee machine ( coffee maker?) in the rooms, but do they also have coffee? Does she need to bring her own coffee? And if so, is it like a pod? What about cream and sugar? I know so little about coffee, haha, but any info would be appreciated!

I’m going with a friend next month and staying at pop! She’s a coffee drinker and was asking what they had in the rooms. I’ve noticed they have a coffee machine ( coffee maker?) in the rooms, but do they also have coffee? Does she need to bring her own coffee? And if so, is it like a pod? What about cream and sugar? I know so little about coffee, haha, but any info would be appreciated!
They have coffee, tea, liquid creamer and a couple of different sugar/sweetners in the room along with cups and stir sticks. No need to bring her own unless she's particular about what she uses.

The coffee makers use flat coffee pods, not the regular k-cup pods.
558693 558695

You may call Guest Services to request additional coffee supplies and they will be brought to your room.

They have coffee, tea, liquid creamer and a couple of different sugar/sweetners in the room along with cups and stir sticks. No need to bring her own unless she's particular about what she uses.

The coffee makers use flat coffee pods, not the regular k-cup pods.
View attachment 558693 View attachment 558695

You may call Guest Services to request additional coffee supplies and they will be brought to your room.
This is so helpful!! Thank you!

I’m posting my experience taking the Skyliner from Pop to DHS. I’ll be editing/updating live as I make my way!

1/29
9:00 am DHS opening

Arrived at the Skyliner station at around 7:00 am and was the 5th party in line.

At 7:30 they opened the gates and we were allowed into the station.
7:40
Still at the station, line now stretches past building 5 and out of my sight line.

Boarding began at 7:42

The line at CBR wasn’t bad at all. I was the 8th in line for DHS. We are being held at the station.

Boarding began at 7:55.

8:05
From my YC visit last August it looks like I’ve arrived behind the walkers but before the buses.

8:10
First buses pulling in.

Temp screen opened at 8:15.

It was straight through into the park from there.

Thank you for the detailed post! This will be my first time using the skyliner on my upcoming trip starting this weekend.

I'm attempting to get my family of four at HS before the official park opening of 9am.
Before getting in the skyliner line I plan on attempting a boarding group for ROTR and get breakfast at the cafeteria(opens at 7am). Maybe we'll eat snacks and find breakfast food in HS instead so I can get in line for the skyliner quicker?

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. Since I plan on rope dropping, when transferring on the skyliner at CBR to go to HS, will you have to exit the CBR station and enter a new line along with all the guests staying at CBR? If so, I can imagine the line being pretty large by that time since you could have guests going to HS from Pop/AoA/Riviera.

Thank you for the detailed post! This will be my first time using the skyliner on my upcoming trip starting this weekend.

I'm attempting to get my family of four at HS before the official park opening of 9am.
Before getting in the skyliner line I plan on attempting a boarding group for ROTR and get breakfast at the cafeteria(opens at 7am). Maybe we'll eat snacks and find breakfast food in HS instead so I can get in line for the skyliner quicker?

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to. Since I plan on rope dropping, when transferring on the skyliner at CBR to go to HS, will you have to exit the CBR station and enter a new line along with all the guests staying at CBR? If so, I can imagine the line being pretty large by that time since you could have guests going to HS from Pop/AoA/Riviera.
It seems they let the first few guests arriving from Pop go right into the DHS line but then Cast Members soon have the rest join the back of the CBR line. You're correct that the line can get long but it does move quickly.

That being said, @WEDWDW has had great success with taking a bus from CBR to DHS when one was waiting at the end of the Skyliner line. Not sure if it's always there but something to look out for if you're looking for another option.

Also, buses run from AoA to DHS if you'd like to take a bus and avoid the Skyliner at park opening so there are a few options open to you.

There is also a bus from AoA to DHS.

I wrote a liveish account of my “rope drop” experience from Pop via Skyliner last month with pictures. It begins with post 20319 on page 1016 of this thread

Last edited:
It seems they let the first few guests arriving from Pop go right into the DHS line but then Cast Members soon have the rest join the back of the CBR line. You're correct that the line can get long but it does move quickly.

That being said, @WEDWDW has had great success with taking a bus from CBR to DHS when one was waiting at the end of the Skyliner line. Not sure if it's always there but something to look out for if you're looking for another option.

Also, buses run from AoA to DHS if you'd like to take a bus and avoid the Skyliner at park opening so there are a few options open to you.

Thanks! I didn't realize other skyliner resorts still had an option for bus service. I'll have to do more research on this, but based on your other posts it seems you recommend getting in line for the busses 1.5 hours before the park opens? Say you're the first group in the bus from AoA to HS and the first group from the AoA/Pop skyliner station, I wonder which one arrives at HS first?

Thanks! I didn't realize other skyliner resorts still had an option for bus service. I'll have to do more research on this, but based on your other posts it seems you recommend getting in line for the busses 1.5 hours before the park opens? Say you're the first group in the bus from AoA to HS and the first group from the AoA/Pop skyliner station, I wonder which one arrives at HS first?
From what I’ve heard it can change day to day. They seem to begin allowing buses/cars in about 45-60 mins before park opening.

The Skyliner normally begins running about 1 hour before DHS opens although I’ve heard sometimes it’s a bit earlier. The big unknown is how long the wait will be at CBR.

Sorry, I know that’s not much help but basically it flip flops which arrives first but the good news is it’s not normally a big difference between when the 2 types of transportation arrive.

As you mentioned, my recommendation remains that whatever your transportation of choice is, I’d recommend arriving there 1.5 hours before park opening.

Okay, I've attempted to go through the information to find my answers, but there's a LOT of pages and the first few are totally outdated. I have a few questions if y'all wouldn't mind helping me out?
1. In the preferred rooms, is it a queen or double bed for the main bed? The murphy bed is for a 4 and 5 year old, so they'd be fine in whatever, but I'm not sure hubby and I could handle smooshing into a double for 10 days. lol.
2. I know there is a parking fee, but all I'm seeing are rates through 2020. Are they still $15/night?
3. With our vacation package paid in full before we even arrive, what other fees might I have at check out (other than parking or if we charge to the room)? Do they charge a daily hold fee on my card for length of stay? For example, when we go to Vegas, it's $50/night in holds on our card up front so we usually have a $200 hold at check in. Does Disney do this as well?

Also, any tips for a family of 5? It's my, hubby, 4 and 5 year old daughters and our son will be around 4 months. I know it might be a snug fit, but baby has a small bassinet to sleep in (about half the size of a pack n play) that we are bringing. We do plan to head to parks in the morning and come back for a mid day break and then go back in the evening. Is there a particular area you recommend requesting? I'm booking preferred and hopefully a ground floor room, but I'd love any more advice! Thanks!

Okay, I've attempted to go through the information to find my answers, but there's a LOT of pages and the first few are totally outdated. I have a few questions if y'all wouldn't mind helping me out?
1. In the preferred rooms, is it a queen or double bed for the main bed? The murphy bed is for a 4 and 5 year old, so they'd be fine in whatever, but I'm not sure hubby and I could handle smooshing into a double for 10 days. lol.
2. I know there is a parking fee, but all I'm seeing are rates through 2020. Are they still $15/night?
3. With our vacation package paid in full before we even arrive, what other fees might I have at check out (other than parking or if we charge to the room)? Do they charge a daily hold fee on my card for length of stay? For example, when we go to Vegas, it's $50/night in holds on our card up front so we usually have a $200 hold at check in. Does Disney do this as well?

Also, any tips for a family of 5? It's my, hubby, 4 and 5 year old daughters and our son will be around 4 months. I know it might be a snug fit, but baby has a small bassinet to sleep in (about half the size of a pack n play) that we are bringing. We do plan to head to parks in the morning and come back for a mid day break and then go back in the evening. Is there a particular area you recommend requesting? I'm booking preferred and hopefully a ground floor room, but I'd love any more advice! Thanks!
1. Both beds are queen beds and both have identical mattresses on them. Both will hold 2 adults are are very comfortable.
2. Parking is $15/night
3. They may put a hold fee on your card to cover charges but I'm not positive about this as I haven't been in about 18 months. When I went last I remember some sort of hold being put on my card but I don't remember the exact amount. Anything you change to your MagicBand will be charged to your credit card every few days.

As for location, the higher up you are in a building, often the more quiet it is. Adding a bassinet is totally doable. There will still be some room to move about, just not a lot. I would request a NON-connecting room as those tend to be quieter. If you do happen to get a connecting room, rolling up a towel and placing it at the bottom of the connecting door has been recommended to reduce noise.

You may also wish to request the 50's or 70's sections for your preferred room as the 60's rooms are on some busier paths so there may be more noise in the afternoons when you're trying to let the baby nap.

There is a new Pop thread with updated information almost ready to publish. It should go live soon.

Last edited:

The hold fee was $100 for us back in January.

I'm particular about my coffee so I always bring my own. I even make my own pods filled with my fav coffee.

But I will say the Joffery's coffee that is provided is quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter