Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Amazon Prime for a case of water when we were there in Aug for the opening of SW:GE. I received a text from Amazon that my water had been delivered while I was on the magical express. I asked luggage services if they could bring the water to my room when my luggage arrived, it was not a problem. I was never charged a delivery fee for the water.
Thank you!
Did you know your room number when you placed your order?

Thank you!
Did you know your room number when you placed your order?
The OP would not have known their room number at time if ordering as they said they received notification that their water was delivered when they were on DME. Room numbers are not given out until rooms are ready.

Does anyone have any recent experiences with amazon now, Walmart delivery or instacart to pop?

Also wonder if anyone has ever had a delivery prior to having a room number and if that created any issues.

Amazon now worked great in March. Ordered just before our flight from Jersey, chose timeframe for delivery and our food was in the room when we arrived. One problem, the CM put the wrong bag in the fridge but the cold items were still cold enough.

I used Amazon Prime for a case of water when we were there in Aug for the opening of SW:GE. I received a text from Amazon that my water had been delivered while I was on the magical express. I asked luggage services if they could bring the water to my room when my luggage arrived, it was not a problem. I was never charged a delivery fee for the water.
You lucked out. We were there the second week of September and had Bell Services bring our grocery order, which was 2 bags, and were charged $6.

just booked our trip for October/November 2020 to do the Wine and Dine runs

I am hoping to book a bounce back for next year's Wine & Dine, but there is speculation that the race weekend will fall the weekend after Halloween since Halloween is on a Saturday. I am going before they will announce the race dates, so I think I will be booking bounce back for both weekends just in case.

The OP would not have known their room number at time if ordering as they said they received notification that their water was delivered when they were on DME. Room numbers are not given out until rooms are ready.

We've ordered from Amazon Now while sitting in the airport waiting for a flight from San Diego after our room number was already received. It worked fine for us and our granola bars were in the room when we arrived from the West Coast 6 hours later.

ETA: I've never received a room ready text that early before; it was 0600 my time, 0900 at WDW.

We've ordered from Amazon Now while sitting in the airport waiting for a flight from San Diego after our room number was already received. It worked fine for us and our granola bars were in the room when we arrived from the West Coast 6 hours later.

ETA: I've never received a room ready text that early before; it was 0600 my time, 0900 at WDW.
I’ve learned something new. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Any reviews of the skyliner from today? What we’re waiting times like?
There are a number of dedicated Skyliner threads. Basically the Pop line wasn’t bad but Epcot/CBR was extremely long lines. That being said they moved quickly.

Time will tell if this is the norm or mainly people wanting to try it out first day. I’m guessing it’s the latter and lines will decrease in the next few weeks.

Just got back from a week at Pop. Unfortunately, we left on Sat and the Skyliner opened on Sunday with no soft openings. They were in motion most of the week. Very disappointed in the food - my daughter is a vegetarian and ate the huge slice of pizza (mostly bread) too many times. It was all just typical fast food stuff. The line with the good stuff - salmon, meatloaf, etc. was only open a few hours for dinner. We opted out of housekeeping, and brought a few plastic grocery bags with us so we could throw away our garbage every other day. The buses were great, rarely waited over 5 minutes for one. The bus stop for Hollywood Studios is really far away, much more than before, I would recommend taking the skyliner, as it lets you off at the entrance.

None. Never a good idea to request a specific room. Better to request a building, floor, location - while still keeping requests to a minimum (and realizing all, some, or none might be met.)

General (i.e., my) requests would be, "Fourth floor facing the lake".

I timed Rob's (Passport to the Parks) full circle ride on YouTube the other day. Full circle (sorry, I forget the order now) was about 47 minutes, give or take. I posted it on one of these threads. Anyway, I think he did ride from Epcot through CBR to Pop/AoA, and it was 17 minutes plus walking from one line to the other at CBR.

I would get there when the Skyliner run starts - usually 8 AM.

I timed Rob's (Passport to the Parks) full circle ride on YouTube the other day. Full circle (sorry, I forget the order now) was about 47 minutes, give or take. I posted it on one of these threads. Anyway, I think he did ride from Epcot through CBR to Pop/AoA, and it was 17 minutes plus walking from one line to the other at CBR.

I would get there when the Skyliner run starts - usually 8 AM.
Sorry - not sure if you’re responding to my question or someone else’s. I’m looking for info from Pop to Hollywood Studios. The skyliner starts at 5:45am, HS opens at 6am. Don’t think I can make it there in 15 minutes, wondering how long it takes, waiting at line change points included.

None. Never a good idea to request a specific room. Better to request a building, floor, location - while still keeping requests to a minimum (and realizing all, some, or none might be met.)

General (i.e., my) requests would be, "Fourth floor facing the lake".
Agreed. If someone is already occupying the one room you specified, you could end up anywhere. I gave them two building numbers that I preferred. Some people want close to food, others a specific pool or even to parking. I would guess the number one request right now is skyliner access. So look at a map and see what works best for your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter