Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a post somewhere that explains how opting out of mousekeeping works? Specifically how much is the gift card and also I assume we can still get additional towels and coffee packets as needed? The shampoo is now in those large wall bottles correct so doesn't seem like we'd need more of that.
You can opt out by going to the front desk the day you arrive and asking to opt out.

GC is an electronic GC sent to your email. It is $10/night of your stay minus 1 night.

You may call Guest Relations from the phone in your room to request more towels, garbage bags and/or coffee supplies. Dirty towels and garbage bags may be left outside your room.

The system works very well except for the 'details.' I make sure to request exactly what we need e.g. 3 bath towels, 2 face cloths, 10 regular coffee pods without any of the 'extra stuff' but what we receive is normally any number of those things. I wish it was a little easier to get just coffee pods without all the 'stuff' as I drink my coffee black and after a couple of calls for more pods over our 10 day stay I always end up with bags full of sugar, coffee mate, etc that I won't use. I just leave it near the coffee maker but I wish there was a way to request specific amounts of things a little more easily. It's a minor thing though!!

Although, in consideration of your neighbors, the environment, and overall cleanliness - trash bags can be disposed of by the room occupant, in the trash bins at/near the elevator core.
You are correct and I did that sometimes. I answered above as that's what I was guided to do by one of the cleaning staff last week. I placed our items outside the door around 7:30am and when we left at 8:00am everything had been removed.

We are staying at pop again in about six weeks. Pop has become our prferred place to stay! I've been exercise walking for about 3 months now and plan to do so in the early mornings before we go to the parks. Anyone walked or jogged around Pop/AOA? Just wondering about distance and best routes.

I remember reading somewhere that AofA changed their pizza menu to not include single pizzas but changed to a pizza package with salad and breadsticks. Does anyone know if POP adopted something similar to this? I'm hoping not because we don't want the 'extras'.

This is why I leave the curtains open at value and moderate resorts when I leave for the day. So far ( knocking on wood) I haven’t had any issues with security checks.
Have never thought of doing this but might in the future....if we get up in time to leave the room reasonably tidy. We lock up all electronics so I'm not concerned with others looking in and seeing those.

Still not sure we'll do this as I'm not a fan of our lives being on display to others but it's something I'll think about before our next trip.

I've been exercise walking for about 3 months now and plan to do so in the early mornings before we go to the parks. Anyone walked or jogged around Pop/AOA? Just wondering about distance and best routes.
I was at POP in Feb (2019) in the 50's Building and would walk around the lake in the mornings. For me the best route was the simplest: head directly to the path (called Memory Lane) and walk around the entire lake. I think it is just over 1 mile.

I remember reading somewhere that AofA changed their pizza menu to not include single pizzas but changed to a pizza package with salad and breadsticks. Does anyone know if POP adopted something similar to this? I'm hoping not because we don't want the 'extras'.
Sadly Pop menus were altered greatly also. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was disappointing to see all the changes. So few selections left. :(

Here's what the Disney website now says for Everything Pop's individual pizza slice:

Super Slice of Pepperoni Pizza
House-made Pizza By-the-Slice served with a Side Salad

New menus can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/

Have never thought of doing this but might in the future....if we get up in time to leave the room reasonably tidy. We lock up all electronics so I'm not concerned with others looking in and seeing those.

Still not sure we'll do this as I'm not a fan of our lives being on display to others but it's something I'll think about before our next trip.

It’s not something I would do since there is no guarantee that open curtains will count as a room check. Besides, you’ll never know one way or another if security has been in or not. Personally, I’d rather not advertise to everyone walking by that I’m out of my room.

Is there a post somewhere that explains how opting out of mousekeeping works? Specifically how much is the gift card and also I assume we can still get additional towels and coffee packets as needed? The shampoo is now in those large wall bottles correct so doesn't seem like we'd need more of that.
You may find this flyer helpful. :)

Sadly Pop menus were altered greatly also. We were there a couple of weeks ago and it was disappointing to see all the changes. So few selections left. :(

Here's what the Disney website now says for Everything Pop's individual pizza slice:

New menus can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/
We were just at Pop and tried the pizza and side salad and both were really good.

Also, they didn’t have the entree salads anymore that they have listed on the new menu.

Sad indeed. I was there in Feb and then for just 2 nights Sept 1 and 2. Several things I loved in Jan were gone. Same with AoA. My first night (Sept 1) I walked over to AoA for dinner and was sad to see the dish I had in Jan was gone.

Progress, I suppose...

Sad indeed. I was there in Feb and then for just 2 nights Sept 1 and 2. Several things I loved in Jan were gone. Same with AoA. My first night (Sept 1) I walked over to AoA for dinner and was sad to see the dish I had in Jan was gone.

Progress, I suppose...
We were sad too! Found we went to DS more often to eat as we got tired of the Pop offerings for supper and heading to AoA didn’t offer much more.

‘Progress’ isn’t always a good thing, is it?

Thanks, everyone for responding about the changes in POP menus...That really stinks! It was pretty affordable for DH and I to get a large pizza and split it for dinner for under $20...cheap dinner! So I guess now it's either a super slice with a salad for $10.50 or a whole dinner that serves 6 for just 2 of us for $30. Not cool, Disney, not cool!
I guess DH and I will be going to DS more often than not now! UGH!

Yep, I find the Pop menu changes to be disappointing. We might make sure to eat dinner at Universal before heading over. We only have one night where we would be eating outside of the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter