Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i got to my room and settled a bit then called to ask if they were still doing the giftcard to skip mousekeeping and they said yes and they took care of it right then.
I’ve also noticed a message flashing on my room phone the last two times I’ve checked in. It was a message from housekeeping indicating we could call to opt out of housekeeping if we wished.

We did online check in and our flight come arrives at MCO at 10:30. After getting off ME we want to depart to AK right away. I am sure our room will not be ready. Can we just get off the ME and hop on a bus right away? Do we have to do anything with our luggage or can it just stay with Bell Services?

No, you cannot call to opt out of mousekeeping. Unfortunately, you will have to go to the front desk.

I actually got a phone call from Guest Services the night before we arrived in June 2018 asking if I wanted to opt out of housekeeping (I didn't). The guy told me that if I changed my mind, I could just call housekeeping (or he might have given me a specific extension number...I can't remember -- I knew I wasn't changing my mind so I didn't really pay attention) when I arrived. I've only seen one other person post that they got a phone call before they arrived.

We did online check in and our flight come arrives at MCO at 10:30. After getting off ME we want to depart to AK right away. I am sure our room will not be ready. Can we just get off the ME and hop on a bus right away? Do we have to do anything with our luggage or can it just stay with Bell Services?

If you physically have you luggage with you, you can leave it will Bell Services for the day. If DME will have your luggage you don't have to do anything. It will be brought to your room when it is ready. If you have carry-on items with you you can store them with Bell Service. You would have to pick those up separately though as I don't believe they can included them with the bags being brought in from DME.

I told my family about the Skyliner; not sure they paid attention. I am the Disney vacation planner and family doesn't do much until we arrive. If they don't like the Skyliner, we will ride the bus, no big deal.

If you've done online check-in and indicated your arrival time, there's a good chance your room will be ready when you arrive. Of course it will all depend on the available inventory and your room requests as well as how early departing guests check out. I've done online check-in for our last 4 stays (all at AoA). We usually arrive at the resort around 10:00-11:00 a.m. Three out of 4 times our room was ready when we arrived and the other time we got a text about 30 minutes prior to our scheduled arrival indicating our room wasn't ready yet. No problem, we were running late anyway (we drive) and didn't actually arrive until about 11:45. Got our room ready text as we pulled into the parking lot. While it's not a guarantee, doing online check-in seems to increase the odds that your room will be ready when you arrive.

If you've done online check-in and indicated your arrival time, there's a good chance your room will be ready when you arrive. Of course it will all depend on the available inventory and your room requests as well as how early departing guests check out. I've done online check-in for our last 4 stays (all at AoA). We usually arrive at the resort around 10:00-11:00 a.m. Three out of 4 times our room was ready when we arrived and the other time we got a text about 30 minutes prior to our scheduled arrival indicating our room wasn't ready yet. No problem, we were running late anyway (we drive) and didn't actually arrive until about 11:45. Got our room ready text as we pulled into the parking lot. While it's not a guarantee, doing online check-in seems to increase the odds that your room will be ready when you arrive.
You’re lucky. We always arrive at Pop around 12:30 and I always do online check in and request early check in and have never had our room ready the past several trips. We were just there last week and it was the same thing again.

You’re lucky. We always arrive at Pop around 12:30 and I always do online check in and request early check in and have never had our room ready the past several trips. We were just there last week and it was the same thing again.

I never request early check in, but they seem to prioritize it over my other requests every time. :confused3 Our last two trips were split stays, so I put our arrival time for resort #2 at like 8am and both times had room ready texts by around 9/9:30 for locations we didn't really like. Had to call to try for a better location.

Totally agree with you about the Disney buses being excellent. We have been here 13 days and the buses have arrived almost all the time with little to no wait - however I will add our family is very laid back and have always felt over the years that Disney transportation does a great job.

Another Everything POP question: does the shop have any MagicBands for sale? The band we ordered last week for my nephew isn't going to arrive before we head to WDW tomorrow. 😟 Just wanted to see if we could snag him one as soon as we arrive.

Did I read somewhere that the resorts quick service restaurants are open really early during the Galaxy's Edge EEHM or am I making that up in my head? Staying in POP Oct 18-21. TIA

Did I read somewhere that the resorts quick service restaurants are open really early during the Galaxy's Edge EEHM or am I making that up in my head? Staying in POP Oct 18-21. TIA

The grab & go area opens super early (by 3:00 a.m., I think) but the food stations/hot food area still opens at 6:00 a.m.

ETA: I just searched and found out that the grab and go area now opens at 4:15 a.m.

The grab & go area opens super early (by 3:00 a.m., I think) but the food stations/hot food area still opens at 6:00 a.m.

ETA: I just searched and found out that the grab and go area now opens at 4:15 a.m.
So coffee beverages and baked stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter