Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So coffee beverages and baked stuff?

I believe it's anything in the coolers and on the shelves -- so baked stuff, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bottled beverages,etc. Just nothing you would have to order at a food station (basically hot foods). I would assume (but I could be wrong) that the beverage stations would be open as well.

I’ve also noticed a message flashing on my room phone the last two times I’ve checked in. It was a message from housekeeping indicating we could call to opt out of housekeeping if we wished.
We were at POP for 2 nights - Sept 1 and 2. The line at Front Desk was so long we decided to just forget it. I noticed the flashing light when we settled in but didn't check until the next day - after housekeeping. Sure enough, there was a message telling us about the opt-out. Should have checked it when we arrived.

An update about skipping Mousekeeping.

We just returned from a visit where my cousin and his family were also staying at Pop. They originally decided not to opt out but after returning the first 2 days and finding they pulldown bed (which they'd folded up in the morning but still had bedding hanging out) had not been remade when the room was 'cleaned', they called the front desk and asked to opt into the no more Mousekeeping and were allowed to do so. They received an electronic gift card within a couple of hours for the balance of their nights minus one.

I'd always heard that skipping Mousekeeping was something you needed to opt into the day you arrive but this does not appear to be the case.

Another Everything POP question: does the shop have any MagicBands for sale? The band we ordered last week for my nephew isn't going to arrive before we head to WDW tomorrow. 😟 Just wanted to see if we could snag him one as soon as we arrive.
They sure do. Pretty good selection!
If you know the one you want and they don't have it at Pop, they can tell you where in the parks to find it. They did that for us Sunday night when we were trying to find a snacks band for my DD.

An update about skipping Mousekeeping.

We just returned from a visit where my cousin and his family were also staying at Pop. They originally decided not to opt out but after returning the first 2 days and finding they pulldown bed (which they'd folded up in the morning but still had bedding hanging out) had not been remade when the room was 'cleaned', they called the front desk and asked to opt into the no more Mousekeeping and were allowed to do so. They received an electronic gift card within a couple of hours for the balance of their nights minus one.

I'd always heard that skipping Mousekeeping was something you needed to opt into the day you arrive but this does not appear to be the case.
Yeah, I don’t know why people are so adamant that it has to be done on check in day no matter what. I can’t imagine why they’d say no a day or two later.

Yeah, I don’t know why people are so adamant that it has to be done on check in day no matter what. I can’t imagine why they’d say no a day or two later.

Probably because when this program rolled out, that was the case. Many, many guests tried to opt out after check in day and were denied. And those of us who were don't want others to have the same issue. Glad to see that has loosened up, though some are still being told no after check in day. But not 100% any longer.

Just got home from Pop yesterday. Another great experience. I just wanted to add a note that rooms get inspected each day even if you haven’t opted out of Mousekeeping. Our room was serviced on Sunday last week. Then, on Monday, we came back to rest around 3pm & mousekeeping had not come yet. We put sign on door b/c we wanted to take a nap but a cast member knocked around 3:30 & said she needed to inspect room. It was very quick. I didn’t even get out of bed since my wife answered door so I yelled that’s fine since I knew why it was happening from reading other security posts. The cast member walks in, flips light switches on & off, looks around room, flushes toilet, thanks you, & leaves. Very quick. Although it wasn’t timely, I keep in mind that Disney wouldn’t waste resources on room inspections if there wasn’t a credible threat. We need to go with the flow even though nap time might be interrupted from time to time. Thankfully Mousekeeping came early enough on other days that our mid to late afternoon nap times weren’t interrupted again. So ladies, make sure you keep your bra on during afternoon breaks if Mousekeeping hasn’t come yet :)

Just got home from Pop yesterday. Another great experience. I just wanted to add a note that rooms get inspected each day even if you haven’t opted out of Mousekeeping. Our room was serviced on Sunday last week. Then, on Monday, we came back to rest around 3pm & mousekeeping had not come yet. We put sign on door b/c we wanted to take a nap but a cast member knocked around 3:30 & said she needed to inspect room. It was very quick. I didn’t even get out of bed since my wife answered door so I yelled that’s fine since I knew why it was happening from reading other security posts. The cast member walks in, flips light switches on & off, looks around room, flushes toilet, thanks you, & leaves. Very quick. Although it wasn’t timely, I keep in mind that Disney wouldn’t waste resources on room inspections if there wasn’t a credible threat. We need to go with the flow even though nap time might be interrupted from time to time. Thankfully Mousekeeping came early enough on other days that our mid to late afternoon nap times weren’t interrupted again. So ladies, make sure you keep your bra on during afternoon breaks if Mousekeeping hasn’t come yet :)

It is not just to look for guns and such. It is also a way to check for signs of human trafficking.

Probably because when this program rolled out, that was the case. Many, many guests tried to opt out after check in day and were denied. And those of us who were don't want others to have the same issue. Glad to see that has loosened up, though some are still being told no after check in day. But not 100% any longer.
I’m glad it’s loosened up too then. It never made sense to deny it a day or two after check in if the reason for offering it in the first place was because there was a shortage of maids.

You know though, it makes me wonder if it might have something to do with the fact that the guests in this particular case were unhappy with the housekeeping they had already received (or not) and so, as a courtesy, Disney allowed them to forego housekeeping for the rest of their stay when ordinarily they would not. Just a thought.

How are the floors at Pop? The last time I stayed there (12/17) they were not cleaned the entire 2 weeks I was there. They were turning my socks black!! Has Disney figured out a way to clean those floors?

Additionally, Has anyone had any luck scheduling the security checks for when they are going to be out of the room? I've read that people staying at Deluxe resorts are not having the constant security checks and, if they do occur, they can work with Disney to have the security checks scheduled for a certain time. This doesn't seem to be happening at Pop Century.

If anyone has successfully managed to avoid having room inspections when guests are in the room please chime in and let us know how you managed that at Pop.

Thanks,
~NM

Did I read somewhere that the resorts quick service restaurants are open really early during the Galaxy's Edge EEHM or am I making that up in my head? Staying in POP Oct 18-21. TIA
Originally yes,but evidently not enough demand to continue-at least here at POP.

Everything Pop is opening at 6:00 AM with Grab n' Go and Bounty Platters available at that time.

How are the floors at Pop? The last time I stayed there (12/17) they were not cleaned the entire 2 weeks I was there. They were turning my socks black!! Has Disney figured out a way to clean those floors?

Additionally, Has anyone had any luck scheduling the security checks for when they are going to be out of the room? I've read that people staying at Deluxe resorts are not having the constant security checks and, if they do occur, they can work with Disney to have the security checks scheduled for a certain time. This doesn't seem to be happening at Pop Century.

If anyone has successfully managed to avoid having room inspections when guests are in the room please chime in and let us know how you managed that at Pop.

Thanks,
~NM
was your room being cleaned each day or did you skip Mousekeeping? I choose to skip it so now pack a dry swiffer which I run around the bathroom area and heavy traffic areas once each day. It works well for the 2 of us. We also remove our shoes as soon as we enter the room which helps a bit.

If you’re having your room cleaned each day and the floors are not cleaned, a note left in the room or call to guest relations requesting they clean the floor each day should help. I’m not sure if cleaning the floors each day is part of their schedule but I’m sure it can be requested if it’s not.

I will say the one day we had our room cleaned they did an exceptional job but I really think like a lot if things, it depends on the Cast Member you get.
Originally yes,but evidently not enough demand to continue-at least here at POP.

Everything Pop is opening at 6:00 AM with Grab n' Go and Bounty Platters available at that time.
This was what I thought I was told too but wasn’t positive. When we checked in on Sep 7th, we were also told it was a 6am opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter