Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additionally, Has anyone had any luck scheduling the security checks for when they are going to be out of the room? I've read that people staying at Deluxe resorts are not having the constant security checks and, if they do occur, they can work with Disney to have the security checks scheduled for a certain time. This doesn't seem to be happening at Pop Century.

The whole point of the security checks would be moot if they are allowing people to schedule them. With a scheduled check, the trafficked person/people (the primary reason for them) could easily be moved to another place and signs of the trafficking concealed so that when the scheduled checks occur.

As for “not consistent” - unless someone is in the room 24/7 how would they know checks are not happening? Are people booby trapping their rooms now to see if people are entering?? (Also as I understand it housekeeping visits - which cannot be declined at deluxe resorts (or at least not declined for money) - take the place of the checks unless there is some suspicion that something else is going on.)

The whole point of the security checks would be moot if they are allowing people to schedule them. With a scheduled check, the trafficked person/people (the primary reason for them) could easily be moved to another place and signs of the trafficking concealed so that when the scheduled checks occur.
It’s kind of a moot point anyways. If you’re in your room and they knock you can tell them you’re in the middle of something and ask them to come back later. I think they’d rather check your room when you’re not there anyways.

I think the fact that people know about the possibility of security checks helps deter people from engaging in illegal activities on property. So that’s good.

As for “not consistent” - unless someone is in the room 24/7 how would they know checks are not happening? Are people booby trapping their rooms now to see if people are entering?? (Also as I understand it housekeeping visits - which cannot be declined at deluxe resorts (or at least not declined for money) - take the place of the checks unless there is some suspicion that something else is going on.)

Crazy stuff can happen entering others rooms

I leave a camera on in my room when we arent there. We see everything.

Just got back yesterday from a five-night stay at Pop! We were in the '70s section, building 10, third floor. Had some noisy neighbors one morning but nothing so bad that the white noise machine or television couldn't drown out. We didn't opt out of Mousekeeping and returned to a clean room each day - no problems with a dirty floor or unmade beds or anything like that. The food court was speedy the times that we used it - busy, but lines moved quick. Cast members were all pleasant and super helpful, and we never experienced a room check while we were there even on the day that we hung out in the room most of the morning/early afternoon before MNSSHP. I think we waited at most 15 minutes for a bus either going to or coming back from the parks. A pretty perfect stay at Pop, honestly!

We are staying at Pop and have an 8:20 am pre-park open breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace. MK opens at 9 am that day. This may be the first time I've done a PPO open reservation, please give your tips! What's the best means to get there? What time will they let us in to MK? TIA!

We are staying at Pop and have an 8:20 am pre-park open breakfast reservation at Crystal Palace. MK opens at 9 am that day. This may be the first time I've done a PPO open reservation, please give your tips! What's the best means to get there? What time will they let us in to MK? TIA!
There will be buses running.

If taking Disney transportation you'll just take the bus as that is the only Disney transport to MK. You'll be able to get into the park at 8am when they open up Main Street.

was your room being cleaned each day or did you skip Mousekeeping? I choose to skip it so now pack a dry swiffer which I run around the bathroom area and heavy traffic areas once each day. It works well for the 2 of us. We also remove our shoes as soon as we enter the room which helps a bit.

If you’re having your room cleaned each day and the floors are not cleaned, a note left in the room or call to guest relations requesting they clean the floor each day should help. I’m not sure if cleaning the floors each day is part of their schedule but I’m sure it can be requested if it’s not.

I will say the one day we had our room cleaned they did an exceptional job but I really think like a lot if things, it depends on the Cast Member you get.
This was what I thought I was told too but wasn’t positive. When we checked in on Sep 7th, we were also told it was a 6am opening.
Thanks for your assistance!

I had mousekeeping for every day but they didn't always come. I also remove my shoes at the door so as not to track dirt in. The sticky dirt on the floor was buildup from not cleaning the floors properly.

I tried to speak with my housekeeper but I did not speak the same language as her so she just pointed to a dry swiffer when I was trying to ask if the floors could be wet mopped. If I was able to plan for that, I would have stowed my personal belongings, as much as possible, above the floor level.

After not being able to communicate with the housekeeper I sought out a manager that was working in housekeeping in my room area. I explained what needed to be cleaned but it never happened. I also discussed it with the front desk during multiple trips there to address a WIFI problem.

I finally took some pool towels and tried to use them myself to mop the floor, but detergent was definitely needed and this did not work.

The dry swiffer was not going to work with this level of dirt and I am concerned that with all the skipping of housekeeping that the problem of dirty floors is going to be persistent. I don't need the floors cleaned every day because we don't have kids staying with us and we are very conscientious about removing our shoes upon entry. I just would like for the floors to be clean so they don't turn socks black like they did that time. I plan on bringing slippers but it's gross to think the floors are in that kind of state.

The rest of the room, when cleaned was excellent. It's just that the floors were an unsolvable sticky mess and despite multiple requests the problem was never addressed.

Feedback about what is going on now is helpful. I have learned from these boards that the best way to get the help you need is to go to the front desk at the resort. At this point I'm contemplating whether I need to bring a mop and detergent to manage a problem that Disney has not taken care of for me in the past. It's beyond comprehension that this is what a guest would have to do but that seems to be where I MAY find myself again, especially after my experiences with my last stay at Pop. That's why the "What's going on now" feedback is so helpful.

As for “not consistent” - unless someone is in the room 24/7 how would they know checks are not happening? Are people booby trapping their rooms now to see if people are entering?? (Also, as I understand it housekeeping visits - which cannot be declined at deluxe resorts (or at least not declined for money) - take the place of the checks unless there is some suspicion that something else is going on.)
I understand what you are saying but with all the magic band tracking and resort security cameras there is no reason that more effective means couldn't be used to manage this problem without negatively impacting the overwhelming majority of guest's stays. So, Disney can and should do better. Defaulting to the least effective, most intrusive means of managing whatever the concern is (Disney has never said exactly why they do these checks) is a fail on the part of Disney.

I was wondering if there was a more effective work around to manage the intrusions. I didn't mean for this to become a debate for the validity or not of these room checks. If anyone has any workarounds or can provide assistance please chime in. I'm interested in things that I can do to make this work for my stay.

Thanks,
~NM

Last edited:
Just got back yesterday from a five-night stay at Pop! We were in the '70s section, building 10, third floor. Had some noisy neighbors one morning but nothing so bad that the white noise machine or television couldn't drown out. We didn't opt out of Mousekeeping and returned to a clean room each day - no problems with a dirty floor or unmade beds or anything like that. The food court was speedy the times that we used it - busy, but lines moved quick. Cast members were all pleasant and super helpful, and we never experienced a room check while we were there even on the day that we hung out in the room most of the morning/early afternoon before MNSSHP. I think we waited at most 15 minutes for a bus either going to or coming back from the parks. A pretty perfect stay at Pop, honestly!
We were there last week too. We didn’t opt out either and had a nice clean room everyday. I have absolutely no complaints about anything except our room location. We were in building 2, second to the last room out by the parking lot. It wasn’t bad as far as the pool but it was quite the walk from the buses and food court. We never experienced our own room check but did walk by while a CM was knocking on another door. Going back again next year with son, daughter-in-law, and 3 granddaughters and I booked 3 preferred pool view rooms. We had one last year and loved the location.

We experienced 1 security check during our stay last week, when we decided to head to the parks a bit later. I was just getting out of the shower when there was a knock on the door.

I wrapped a towel around myself and told my daughter she could open the door after she looked out and saw a CM there. He said he was doing a security check. I told him he was welcome to come back but I was not in a state for him to come in. We had the door open so he could see in. I’m not sure if he came back or not.

One change I noted from the start of these checks is that now they knock on the door and clearly call out ‘Security Check’. In the past they were sometimes hidden as housekeeping checks but that no longer appears to be the case.

I do hope they don’t wake us up. We have a couple of long days and late nights and don’t want to be disturbed. It’s never been a problem before, but we usually get up and going kind of early.

I hope that they don’t come midday when we go back to put our 2 year old down for a nap.
Do they ignore the “do not disturb” sign for security check?
I wonder if they would respect a note if we left it on that door not to knock while we were inside.

I hope that they don’t come midday when we go back to put our 2 year old down for a nap.
Do they ignore the “do not disturb” sign for security check?
I wonder if they would respect a note if we left it on that door not to knock while we were inside.
There are no longer do not disturb signs.They are called “room occupied” signs now. What I’ve noticed is that security will knock, but wait longer before unlocking the door themselves if nobody answers when the sign is on the door.

When the sign is not out, security assumes the room is empty, so while they still knock, they will wait a shorter period of time before entering.

We’ve been in the room for plenty of security checks. Times for us have ranged from 10:30am - 5pm. The bulk of the visits have been between 11am - 1pm. The good thing, is that I’ve noticed they knock pretty softly, so maybe your toddler won’t even wake up.

Last edited:
Just returned from a 13 night stay at Pop. Can’t say we ever waited too long for a bus. We did not opt out of housekeeping due to the length of stay. We had a great service and even received two towel animals. We paid for preferred and loved the location of our room in the 50’s building. Very close to the main building and both the hippy and bowling pin pools. I still think we were crazy for going AGAIN in September because it is so hot but now that we are home I can’t wait to go again!!!

There are no longer do not disturb signs.They are called “room occupied” signs now. What I’ve noticed is that security will knock, but wait longer before unlocking the door themselves if nobody answers when the sign is on the door.

When the sign is not out, security assumes the room is empty, so while they still knock, they will wait a shorter period of time before entering.

We’ve been in the room for plenty of security checks. Times for us have ranged from 10:30am - 5pm. The bulk of the visits have been between 11am - 1pm. The good thing, is that I’ve noticed they knock pretty softly, so maybe your toddler won’t even wake up.

We won’t be opting out of mousekeeping so does that mean we are exempt from the security checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter