Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested,The Service Your Way flier states Housekeeping will come remove trash on request.

41045234275_b8925a5758_c.jpg

Actually it does. There is a specific discount that is definitely not eligible for the gift card to opt out of housekeeping.
I haven't checked if the new fridges can freeze, but the old ones used to freeze my milk when I turn it down too far. And by the way, I think you are not allowed to bring "wagons" in anymore either. Aren't coolers wagons?

No! I wouldn’t dream of bringing a wagon. Or a full cooler for that matter. It’s a soft sided backpack (think normal backpack) that has a special lining to keep things cool. We put 8 bottles of water in it plus a ziploc of ice to help keep the water from getting too warm. Since you can’t have loose ice, I didn’t think it would be allowed. But the ice is contained in a ziploc, therefore it’s allowed, which I didn’t realize. So I don’t need the freezer after all. :)

No! I wouldn’t dream of bringing a wagon. Or a full cooler for that matter. It’s a soft sided backpack (think normal backpack) that has a special lining to keep things cool. We put 8 bottles of water in it plus a ziploc of ice to help keep the water from getting too warm. Since you can’t have loose ice, I didn’t think it would be allowed. But the ice is contained in a ziploc, therefore it’s allowed, which I didn’t realize. So I don’t need the freezer after all. :)
You take that to the parks with you? Are you aware that you can get free ice water from the quick service restaurants? Most of them have it set up as self serve so there’s no waiting in line. You can even refill an empty water bottle. That would save you from having to lug the cooler with you.

With the skyliner coming....do you think the section of "preferred" will adjust? I'm not going until October 2020...patiently waiting for those 2020 packages to release....and trying to think what "level" room we want to book. I've never stayed at POP...so even using the map a little unsure. We stayed at AOA before (5 years ago) and we were happy in the little mermaid rooms. We didn't find the walk all that bad to get to the buses.

With the skyliner coming....do you think the section of "preferred" will adjust? I'm not going until October 2020...patiently waiting for those 2020 packages to release....and trying to think what "level" room we want to book. I've never stayed at POP...so even using the map a little unsure. We stayed at AOA before (5 years ago) and we were happy in the little mermaid rooms. We didn't find the walk all that bad to get to the buses.
Personally I anticipate the room categories to change once the Skyliner opens. I can see them turning more roomed into preferred and having less standard but that’s just a guess on my part.

If you stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and didn’t mind the walk, I think you’ll be happy with any standard room Pop has now or in the future.

Is the POP bus stop at AK still close to the front of the park or is the Lyft drop off closer?
The Pop stop is fairly close but there is no guarantee that if your bus leaves from Pop that it will go to the Pop stop at AK. Buses can drop off at any resort location as they go to the stop where they are going to pick up for their next resort drop off.

I’m not familiar with where Lyft drops off so cannot offer help there.

If I fax a room request, is it better to use building numbers or decade sections? Like, we'd be really happy with 4th floor of buildings 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 10, but that feels like a bad request when I see it listed out like that (too long, too many numbers). So would we be better off requesting 4th floor in the 60's or 70's section? Even though we'd also be happy in buildings 1 or 3 of the 50's?

Thanks everyone for the replies. My discounted rate is from a travel agency but I don't know if their bookings are considered 'convention' or whatever.

I think I'm going to email my agent and ask this question. I will follow up here.

My TA says that I will not be eligible for the gift card for refusing housekeeping. It's okay since I am saving so much per night anyway!

If you opt out of housekeeping do you still get fresh towels daily or no?

No. You have to call and ask for more towels. I called early in our stay and requested a stack of extra towels washcloths and a bathmat so it was a one time thing. I either took my used ones out when housekeeping was in my area and they took them or I put them into the pool towel bins.

I would keep your requests to a minimum and go with the 2 decades. The less requests, the easier to fulfill you requests.

Also, if you have more than one request, prioritize.

Such as "I would like to request a room according to the following priorities:
1st - 4th floor
2nd - 60s or 70s section
3rd - 50s section"

That way they know what is most important. So with that example, the assigner should look for available 4th floor rooms, then look at the 60s and 70s and see if there are any in the pool of 4th floor rooms available.

If you just say "4th floor in the 60s or 70s section" the assigner won't know which is most important.

Actually it does. There is a specific discount that is definitely not eligible for the gift card to opt out of housekeeping.
Very interesting. And weird. Why do they even give the gift card then? It really is a gift to the guests, then, and not a savings for housekeeping. Because if it, say, saves them $12 per day for the guest to decline housekeeping, it only make sense to offer the incentive, but if it only saves them $5 a day, then it doesn't seem to make sense.

Last summer when I stayed at Pop, I got there after I received the text that said my room was ready. I entered the room with my magic band no problem, but the room wasn't ready at all. The beds were not made, the floor was not vacuumed, and there was a ton of food in the fridge still. So I called and they sent a maid immediately to clean the room while my family waited in the lobby. The maid took more than an hour to clean. The room was just average messy, nothing that would take extra time to clean. If that's normal, then it makes sense to offer $10 rebate, but I don't know. Disney must have their reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter