Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, first time poster ...

We are Pop frequents (20+ stays over the last 12 years). We just returned home from a 9 day stay 3/29-4/6.

We have never experienced any issues with noise until this last trip. We were in room 3216 in the 50's lakeview, a connecting room to 3217 which my parents occupied. You'd think that was the noise issue...NOPE! It was coming from the other side of the wall in 3215 which my sister and her family occupied! I didn't complain, naturally, since it was my own family but that is the first and only time I've ever noticed hearing noise from my neighbors during any of our stays - I could hear laughing, drawers closing, toilets flushing and other "biological" noises... This was our first stay in a refurbished room so I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, or the noise was better buffered when the rooms were carpeted.

So for those asking about noise, YMMV.
Yikes! We have a prefered pool view and were hoping for 50's building, high floor! I will remember this and will try to keep my "biological" noises to a minimum, lol! :oops:

I know the main pool is set to close for refurb in winter 2020, does anyone know when specifically or what months it will be closed? Planning to go in February 2020 but might pick somewhere else if the pool will be closed.

I know the main pool is set to close for refurb in winter 2020, does anyone know when specifically or what months it will be closed? Planning to go in February 2020 but might pick somewhere else if the pool will be closed.

Unfortunately, WDW only announces these things with very vague dates. So nobody, other than the project managers, know any more details.

We’re there the first half of Feb and had a notification when booking that Hippy Dippy would be closed - I don’t know if that means the whole time though.

The Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed but there are 2 other pools that are great! Considering it’s ‘winter’ there won’t be as much demand for the pools.

Hello everyone! My daughter and I will be staying at Pop for the first time in early June!

We have attended the D1 Cheer Summit for the last 3 years. It felt so rushed and we had very little park time so we are really excited to have 8 days to do just what we want and enjoy the parks at a slower pace.

Our flight arrives at MCO at 10:09am and we are using ME. I was able to grab a fastpass for FOP from 12:30-1:30. Do you guys think that we can make it by 1:30 or at least the 15 minute grace period?

I am willing to take a lyft if the bus has a long line.

Are there freezers in the new fridges? I don’t figure there is, but I thought I’d ask. We usually use some ice from the ice machine in a ziploc bag for our cooler backpack to take to the parks. But now that they are banning loose ice, I’m not sure what to do. I don’t expect water will stay cold very long in a cooler in August without ice.

Are there freezers in the new fridges?

No there's not.

We usually use some ice from the ice machine in a ziploc bag for our cooler backpack to take to the parks. But now that they are banning loose ice, I’m not sure what to do. I don’t expect water will stay cold very long in a cooler in August without ice.

Ice in a Ziploc bag is not considered loose ice and is fine.

I also wanted to add re: recent trip, my parents had 2 ECV's which fit inside the standard 2 queen room with the murphy bed raised, they placed one near the window/door and the other near the connector door/bathroom. It was a tight squeeze but they were still able to walk around without any issue.

Will I be able to request 'No housekeeping' even if I am not eligible for the gift card? I'm not eligible due to getting a great discounted room rate from a travel agency. I really don't want anyone coming into my room and don't mind keeping the room clean myself. We have been traveling this way for several years and much prefer to be out of the daily housekeeping loop.

Will I be able to request 'No housekeeping' even if I am not eligible for the gift card? I'm not eligible due to getting a great discounted room rate from a travel agency. I really don't want anyone coming into my room and don't mind keeping the room clean myself. We have been traveling this way for several years and much prefer to be out of the daily housekeeping loop.
I’m not sure if you can request this but even if you do someone will still go into your room(or at least open the door and look in) each day to conduct a security check. This has been in place for a little more than a year now.

Hopefully someone else can answer your other question. I can’t see why you wouldn’t be able to do this.

I have a couple of questions, Its been over 10 years since we stayed at Pop, we're usually mod resort folks. We'll be at Pop October 13-20, driving down with our own car.

1. We have a standard pool view booked, so that looks like 50's or 90's. I'm trying to decide on room location request. I can't really tell from looking at the map, but which would be a closer walk to the Skyliner gondolas?

2. Transportation to MK from Pop: which would be easiest? Our car to TTC? Bus? or Minnie-van/Lyft? I see that the bus stop at MK for Pop is one of the farthest away. Is it a bad walk? I have some knee problems, stamina issues. How bad is the wait for buses for Pop at park closing for MK? What's your preferred method of getting to/from MK?

If you’re already not wanting housekeeping, you may still want to ask if you can opt out ... I too had a great discounted room rate from a travel agency and received the gift card with no hesitation from the cm during checkin. We went during a holiday week, so that may have played a part as I know they say that you may not be eligible when you book and others on here have not received it, but never hurts to ask!

ETA I realize that in no way answers your questions, but wanted to share my experience in case it might be helpful!

Whst is the difference between preferred room and preferred pool view room? Are the preferred pool view rooms only in bldg 6? If not; what buildings are the preferred pool rooms in and are they worth the slightly higher rate than the preferred room? Am I right that bldg 6 is the most centrally located to the buses, main pool, Everything Pop, and check in building?

Whst is the difference between preferred room and preferred pool view room? Are the preferred pool view rooms only in bldg 6? If not; what buildings are the preferred pool rooms in and are they worth the slightly higher rate than the preferred room? Am I right that bldg 6 is the most centrally located to the buses, main pool, Everything Pop, and check in building?

This should help.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

When I called and booked for marathon weekend, the CM said that it would close January 13. He said he wanted to let me know, because it would be closed the last couple days of the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter