• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely get what you’re saying but in case anyone is reading this and is interested in the mifold, they can be bought in Canada. They are available at Canadian Tire and probably other places. We have one as we live in downtown TO and don’t drive so only need an occasional car seat for when we get cabs.
I am not sure if you can purchase one in the Netherlands but I have used mine throughout the EU in various situations in France, Germany, Bulgaria, the U.K. and in a taxi in Amsterdam. Nobody ever said anything.

We are staying at Pop late August early September and I was wondering if we could put credit on our account using cash? I'm thinking it may be easier than paying at the desk every few days?

We are staying at Pop late August early September and I was wondering if we could put credit on our account using cash? I'm thinking it may be easier than paying at the desk every few days?

The official answer is no but there are rogue CMs out there that will.

My husband and I are going to stay at POP for the first time this June. We are wondering if there are some buildings that are more desirable than others to request? Like, which is closest to the buses or any other advantages? We aren’t planning on swimming so a better pool isn’t a big deal for us.

I’ve been reading about paying the hotel with gift cards and that’s what we plan to do. But then someone mentioned that the hotel charges your cc after 5 days. Is that right? We were planning to pay it off with GCs the evening before we leave, which is longer than 5 days. So I’m a little confused with it now. Any help is appreciated!

My husband and I are going to stay at POP for the first time this June. We are wondering if there are some buildings that are more desirable than others to request? Like, which is closest to the buses or any other advantages? We aren’t planning on swimming so a better pool isn’t a big deal for us.

I’ve been reading about paying the hotel with gift cards and that’s what we plan to do. But then someone mentioned that the hotel charges your cc after 5 days. Is that right? We were planning to pay it off with GCs the evening before we leave, which is longer than 5 days. So I’m a little confused with it now. Any help is appreciated!
Congrats on choosing Pop! Hopefully you love it as much as those of us here do!

What category of room are you staying in? If standard, 60's and 70's are our preference but the walk at Pop is reasonable from all buildings with the exception of 2 buildings for our family. (I'm looking at you buildings 2 and 7! ;) )

If you want to pay off some/all of your charges with GCs I would recommend going to guest services the 4th day of your trip and pay off whatever charges you have made up to that time. Doing this will mean that there isn't anything to charge to your credit card on day 5.

I honestly don't know what would happen if you made new charges on day 5. I'm guessing those might get charged to your credit card on day 5. To avoid this, you could use your actual gift cards rather than your magic band to pay for charges on day 5. It's a little less convenient but I guess it depends how much you want to avoid charges going to your CC.

I honestly don't know what would happen if you made new charges on day 5. I'm guessing those might get charged to your credit card on day 5. To avoid this, you could use your actual gift cards rather than your magic band to pay for charges on day 5. It's a little less convenient but I guess it depends how much you want to avoid charges going to your CC.
When we were there some of the charges got charged to our credit card before we went to pay using a gift card. The CM had no problem reversing the amount charged that we had left on our gift card and then charging the gift card. I don’t know if this depends on the CM, but if for some reason your card gets charged prior to using your gift card don’t hesitate to ask. (That said, I wouldn’t wait until the last day to start paying off the balance).

When we were there some of the charges got charged to our credit card before we went to pay using a gift card. The CM had no problem reversing the amount charged that we had left on our gift card and then charging the gift card. I don’t know if this depends on the CM, but if for some reason your card gets charged prior to using your gift card don’t hesitate to ask. (That said, I wouldn’t wait until the last day to start paying off the balance).
When you book a room only, payment is due at check in but sometimes they charge your credit card before you even arrive at the resort. I also had
to ask them to reverse the charge and use my gift cards.

My Dh wants to stay in the Mickey phone building in the 70's section. I've read this holds both preferred and standard rooms. Which room category should I book, to have my best shot at meeting this request? He likes this building for no other reason than theming, but whatever makes the trip more magical right?

My Dh wants to stay in the Mickey phone building in the 70's section. I've read this holds both preferred and standard rooms. Which room category should I book, to have my best shot at meeting this request? He likes this building for no other reason than theming, but whatever makes the trip more magical right?
There are more standard rooms than preferred rooms in that building but, there are more standard rooms across the resort. You may request that building (Building 6) but there is no guarantee that they will be able to honour it. As long as you go in knowing it is just a request and you may be placed elsewhere, it will all be good.

The 50's, 60's, and 70's are closest to the main building and transportation. I've always requested a standard room in these areas and it's never been a problem getting one of them.

What category of room are you staying in? If standard, 60's and 70's are our preference but the walk at Pop is reasonable from all buildings with the exception of 2 buildings for our family. (I'm looking at you buildings 2 and 7! ;) )

If you want to pay off some/all of your charges with GCs I would recommend going to guest services the 4th day of your trip and pay off whatever charges you have made up to that time. Doing this will mean that there isn't anything to charge to your credit card on day 5.

So we are staying in a standard pool view room. It started out preferred, but to get a room discount it had to change. So, we should avoid buildings 2 and 7? Are they far away from the food court and buses?

Hey guys, i have a question, maybe you guys know the answer for us. We will be in Pop Century in 11 days, can't wait :D First of all, sorry for my English (not my native language). We are coming from the Netherlands and we do not have any experience with Uber. We were in DisneyWorld before, but this is the first time on property, the other times we had a rental car. On our first full day (Sunday the 21th of april), we want to do some basic shopping (some (Disney themed) clothes for the children, some groceries, etc). We were planning to go with an Uber, but i am doubting this, because we are traveling with 2 children (9 & 5). Is Uber running on Eastern? I see there are also Uber's with a car seat, do you guys have any experience with this? Or do you advise us something else (f.e. public transport, taxi, Lyft)? We want to do this in the morning, after breakfast. In the afternoon, we wanted to go swimming in Typhoon Lagoon r Blizzard Beach, will this be possible (time wise)?

Hallo Maikel Schipper, en welkom in de Verenigde Staten!

I go to Walmart using LYFT ( https://www.lyft.com/rider ) every time I visit Disney and stay at Pop Century. Using the LYFT link I provided you can estimate the fare based on the type of vehicle that you reserve for the ride. I'm not sure if they have car seats for children so you will have to find out about that. Here is a link to the LYFT web page about car seats. ( https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000722107-Car-seat-mode#cities )

Perhaps Uber has car seats, I'm not sure about that.

The Walmart that you want to go to is at 3250 Vineland rd. Kissimmee Florida 34746. The Phone number is 1-407-397-1125. This is the closest Walmart near Pop Century.

This Walmart has EVERYTHING! They have all the groceries, alcohol and fresh produce you would need as well as a bakery. They also have all the other stuff that a Walmart usually has like a pharmacy. This Walmart also has a great selection of Disney themed clothing at low prices. This is Disney brand clothing so the quality is good and the prices are way lower that what you would pay for similar clothing in the Disney Parks.

I would budget 2 hours and 15 minutes to make the trip. That means 1 hour of shopping in the store and about 20 minutes to travel to the store and 20 minutes back. Then you might need 20 minutes to put the food away and get organized in the room. The travel time may or may not get longer by 5 or 10 minutes if you go during rush hour (4:00- 6:00 pm).

So now you know the best Walmart to go to that is closest to Pop Century, and how much time a trip to Walmart will take.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you with the car seats for the ride using LYFT.

Fijne vakantie!

~Ninja Mom

We love the 50's section. Close to the main hall and fairly quiet.

I had sent a fax request. the only request was a ground floor room as I was traveling with an ecv. request was not met. Needed to check in anyway to pick up our magic bands. asked the cm if I got a ground floor room. I was given a 4th floor handicap accessible room. cm called and I was able to get a regular ground floor room (building 8)

So we are staying in a standard pool view room. It started out preferred, but to get a room discount it had to change. So, we should avoid buildings 2 and 7? Are they far away from the food court and buses?

I think it's all preference. I prefer building 2 and the 50s. I find it close and easy to grab a drink on the way to the bus and not at all far. Looking at the map there would be rooms in other buildings, even 3, that are just as far as bldg 2. I think bldg 2 is closer than some of the other buildings. It comes down to perception of distance and preference.

Two questions on the pool area refurb. Do we know if they're just polishing up Petals or if they're giving it a real make over? Also assuming the refurbishment isnt finished by the time I get there will they have an alternative set up to purchase alcoholic drinks?

Two questions on the pool area refurb. Do we know if they're just polishing up Petals or if they're giving it a real make over? Also assuming the refurbishment isnt finished by the time I get there will they have an alternative set up to purchase alcoholic drinks?
Do we know for sure that Petals is part of the Hippy Dippy Pool refurb?

If so,I would think they would set up a Bar in Everything Pop Food Court.

Also,The Drop Off is just a short walk across Generation Gap Bridge.

For a making a possible room request, is there pros and cons with what level/floor to request?

Context: We’ve paid for a preferred room to be close to amenities and will have 2 kids, 5 and 3, and will have a stroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter