• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing this exact same thing for a whole week I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable....... really really don’t spend much time in our rooms at all anyways....... I have tall kids though, ours will just have turned 2 and will probably be too big for a pack and play to sleep in it comfortably anyways, in the past we have just brought a crib mattress which is larger i am really hoping it’ll fit on the floor somewhere...... and if not I will be bringing a sleeping bag and if that doesn’t seem to work the two-year-old might just have to squeeze in the bed with the other two kids
Just a heads up that you will probably find a Pop room with 5 people pretty tight if staying for an entire week. There will be room in front of the door for the crib mattress and possibly somewhere else (where connecting door would go?) but it would then stick out into the pathway where people walk to the bathroom. Guess it could fit under the window but again would block access to the door to the room. Add in a stroller and luggage for 5 and be prepared for a tight space. You may be totally prepared for this, just didn't want you to be surprised when you arrive.

One night is one thing but an entire week could be rough if you spend much time in the room.

Just a heads up that you will probably find a Pop room with 5 people pretty tight if staying for an entire week. There will be room in front of the door for the crib mattress and possibly somewhere else (where connecting door would go?) but it would then stick out into the pathway where people walk to the bathroom. Guess it could fit under the window but again would block access to the door to the room. Add in a stroller and luggage for 5 and be prepared for a tight space. You may be totally prepared for this, just didn't want you to be surprised when you arrive.

One night is one thing but an entire week could be rough if you spend much time in the room.

We have done it a couple of times at other value resorts and it was tight but luckily manageable since we only stay in our room to sleep and get ready..... i’m just a little more worried because everyone is saying it’s even tighter now.....will just have to make the best of it we can’t afford a moderate and we booked with free dining so changing to another value will not working either( not even sure if it would’ve been worth moving to another value anyways it still would be tight ) not really worried about blocking the door either because nobody’s going to be coming or going when we go to sleep

Actually as I’m typing this I just realized my mother-in-law and sister are also going and sharing a room I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them takes one of my kids with them lol

We have done it a couple of times at other value resorts and it was tight but luckily manageable since we only stay in our room to sleep and get ready..... i’m just a little more worried because everyone is saying it’s even tighter now.....will just have to make the best of it we can’t afford a moderate and we booked with free dining so changing to another value will not working either( not even sure if it would’ve been worth moving to another value anyways it still would be tight ) not really worried about blocking the door either because nobody’s going to be coming or going when we go to sleep

Actually as I’m typing this I just realized my mother-in-law and sister are also going and sharing a room I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them takes one of my kids with them lol
Ah, that would be your best solution!! The big difference between Pop and the majority of other value rooms is that the refurbishment now means 2 queen beds rather than double beds. Everything is just bigger in the same space prior to the refurbishments. We love the new rooms but also only have 1 adult and 1 child so it's much different than 5 people and an additional mattress.

This information from the Pop Renovation thread might be helpful with preparing for the size of the room.

Both beds are 80 by 60 inches. So definitely queens.

Space between bed and wall by bathroom is 17 inches. But with the bathroom/sink room door slid open, you lose some space so it's 14 inches.

Space between beds is 17.5 inches.

Space between Murphy and door frame is 28 inches at closest point. Door is on diagonal. Murphy bed to window wall is 60 inches.

From foot of bed to coffee maker cabinet is 22 inches.

You'll fit, just be prepared for tight quarters and you'll be fine! Have a great trip!!

We are doing this exact same thing for a whole week I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable....... really really don’t spend much time in our rooms at all anyways....... I have tall kids though, ours will just have turned 2 and will probably be too big for a pack and play to sleep in it comfortably anyways, in the past we have just brought a crib mattress which is larger i am really hoping it’ll fit on the floor somewhere...... and if not I will be bringing a sleeping bag and if that doesn’t seem to work the two-year-old might just have to squeeze in the bed with the other two kids

We wouldn’t be able to do it for a week. We recently did a trip to NYC and had a large room with 2 queens and plenty of space for a crib. The 2 year old did not sleep AT ALL. She is used to having her own room and can’t sleep with everyone in the same room. When we figured that out we changed our reservation from Coronado Springs to a family suite at AoA. It’s a lot more $ but we realized we need space. DH is a big guy and our older 2 kids can’t share a bed so for us it would have been miserable to be in a Pop room for a week. But if you guys are used to doing it then you will be fine. Before our little one came along we were fine squeezing into one room but she is a tough sleeper and we will be using the bedroom in the suite for her to fall asleep and we all hang in the rest of the suite. We had to downgrade from moderate to value in order to get the space we needed. The suite at Coronado would have been substantially more and it wasn’t worth it. We won’t be spending much time in the room, like you said.
Also, I noticed you said you have family coming. I wouldn’t hesitate to let one of the kids stay with them and maybe get yourself some extra sleeping space :)

Hey guys, i have a question, maybe you guys know the answer for us. We will be in Pop Century in 11 days, can't wait :D First of all, sorry for my English (not my native language). We are coming from the Netherlands and we do not have any experience with Uber. We were in DisneyWorld before, but this is the first time on property, the other times we had a rental car. On our first full day (Sunday the 21th of april), we want to do some basic shopping (some (Disney themed) clothes for the children, some groceries, etc). We were planning to go with an Uber, but i am doubting this, because we are traveling with 2 children (9 & 5). Is Uber running on Eastern? I see there are also Uber's with a car seat, do you guys have any experience with this? Or do you advise us something else (f.e. public transport, taxi, Lyft)? We want to do this in the morning, after breakfast. In the afternoon, we wanted to go swimming in Typhoon Lagoon r Blizzard Beach, will this be possible (time wise)?

Good to know. Thank you. We are bringing a larger umbrella type stroller- a Chicco Liteway- so it folds nicely. The flight Im looking to book lands at 930 pm so by the time we get to POP it would be late and we would be exhausted and likely pass out and wake up early for EMM. I haven't run this by DH, I know he doesnt like the idea of squishing into a room but it saves so much $, the difference between POP and AoA suite is almost the cost of EMM for all of us! I would have to make sure everything is in one bag so we don't have to unpack before we leave.

One other question: is it possible to keep our bags with bell services for the night instead of having them brought to our room late at night and brought back to the lobby in the early am? That would make things easier and save space. It would however require smart packing on my part to make sure we don't need anything from our luggage until we check in at AoA.
Sounds like a really good plan!

Unfortunately I haven’t used DME or bell services for luggage so I don’t know the answer to your question, but hopefully someone with experience can chime in and help.

Hey guys, i have a question, maybe you guys know the answer for us. We will be in Pop Century in 11 days, can't wait :D First of all, sorry for my English (not my native language). We are coming from the Netherlands and we do not have any experience with Uber. We were in DisneyWorld before, but this is the first time on property, the other times we had a rental car. On our first full day (Sunday the 21th of april), we want to do some basic shopping (some (Disney themed) clothes for the children, some groceries, etc). We were planning to go with an Uber, but i am doubting this, because we are traveling with 2 children (9 & 5). Is Uber running on Eastern? I see there are also Uber's with a car seat, do you guys have any experience with this? Or do you advise us something else (f.e. public transport, taxi, Lyft)? We want to do this in the morning, after breakfast. In the afternoon, we wanted to go swimming in Typhoon Lagoon r Blizzard Beach, will this be possible (time wise)?
Your plan sounds like a good one. Walmart would probably be a good choice for both Disney themed clothing and also groceries. The timing sounds like it should work out well.

Unfortunately I don't have experience with Lyft or Uber so hopefully someone else can help you out with that portion of your question. I believe your 5yo requires a booster seat in FL so not sure if Lyft or Uber carrie those. One (or both) hopefully also have a car seat option if you are more comfortable with your child in a car seat.

Hope you have a great trip!

Uber Car Seat is pretty easy to use on the app. Or, you can go to the bell stand and tell them you need a taxi with a car seat, if there isn't one already there. It is a pretty common request at Disney, as you can imagine!

You can bring your own portable carseat. It folds into the size of a book, is light weight, government approved, and cost US$35:

https://www.amazon.com/mifold-Grab-...t&qid=1554822298&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

We did it last year(brought it with us on the airplane) with my son in Lyft. Very easy to install and worked like a dream. That way you don't have to wait for Ubers/Taxis with carseats and pay the extra $10 each trip. I do recommend using Uber or Lyft because they are much cheaper than taxis, and you know how much you will pay before you go on the ride. You order them at the front lobby entrance with a cell phone app and they are very easy to use with many cars available. Uber trips from Pop usually takes 10 minutes or less and cost around $10.

There's a Walmart near Disney Springs. I've never been there, but I hear they they sell everything Disney there, dirt cheap, and "it is as busy as Magic Kingdom."

You can bring your own portable carseat. It folds into the size of a book, is light weight, government approved, and cost US$35:

https://www.amazon.com/mifold-Grab-...t&qid=1554822298&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

We did it last year(brought it with us on the airplane) with my son in Lyft. Very easy to install and worked like a dream. That way you don't have to wait for Ubers/Taxis with carseats and pay the extra $10 each trip. I do recommend using Uber or Lyft because they are much cheaper than taxis, and you know how much you will pay before you go on the ride. You order them at the front lobby entrance with a cell phone app and they are very easy to use with many cars available. Uber trips from Pop usually takes 10 minutes or less and cost around $10.

There's a Walmart near Disney Springs. I've never been there, but I hear they they sell everything Disney there, dirt cheap, and "it is as busy as Magic Kingdom."
OP lives in the Netherlands and needs the booster for 1 trip. It is not cost effective to pay $35 for a booster she most likely cannot use in her home country plus add in the International shipping. Car seat/booster seat laws change from country to country. As a Canadian I cannot buy either of these items in the US and use them in Canada as they do not meet our safety standards. Most likely it's the same with other countries as well as those from the US purchasing out of country. Getting a car seat or booster seat with Lyft/Uber makes far more sense in this case.

This is an answer from something discussed last week re: the hold on accounts. The front desk will not charge your credit card on file until your 5th day or a certain $ amount and for the life of me I can't remember what that was! And they will not keep a credit on your account (if you are paying with gift cards). We just kept some in our park bag and would stop at the front desk on the way back to our room to pay on our account. Sad we are back but only 201 more days til we are back 'home' at POP!

This is an answer from something discussed last week re: the hold on accounts. The front desk will not charge your credit card on file until your 5th day or a certain $ amount and for the life of me I can't remember what that was! And they will not keep a credit on your account (if you are paying with gift cards). We just kept some in our park bag and would stop at the front desk on the way back to our room to pay on our account. Sad we are back but only 201 more days til we are back 'home' at POP!

We were able to put a credit on our account with GCs at Poly last week. It was the day before checkout, we had about $80 something left and we knew we would spend that much before checkout.

They wouldn't do it at POP when I asked...guess it depends on who you ask to do it for you?!?!?!

I believe that's the case...it depends on who you get. I've seen a few reports over the last few years that people *have* been able to do this at various resorts but it usually involves getting a manager and even then it has to be a manager who knows how to do it. It's been reported that the system can handle it, but the routine training of the resort CMs doesn't include direction on how to do it.

I guess so! I wasn't there, DH went to pay it off, so I'm not sure that he asked if he could do it or the CM offered. :confused3

I've seen people mention that once they had a balance on their room folio, they were able to load a gift card to their account for more than the balance due. I don't think it happens every time (again, probably depends on the CM at the time), but I've definitely seen it reported here and on other boards. Maybe it's "easier" to load gift cards after there's already a balance on the room and more CMs know how to do that??? Just my random thoughts....

I've seen people mention that once they had a balance on their room folio, they were able to load a gift card to their account for more than the balance due. I don't think it happens every time (again, probably depends on the CM at the time), but I've definitely seen it reported here and on other boards. Maybe it's "easier" to load gift cards after there's already a balance on the room and more CMs know how to do that??? Just my random thoughts....

It completely depends on the CM you get. The official word is that it is not to be done. But some CMs go rogue and will do it. Personally I have yet to find one, but I know they're out there. The process of using a Gift Card to a create a room credit is exactly the same as using one to pay off current room balance. Swipe the card and enter $$ amount.

OP lives in the Netherlands and needs the booster for 1 trip. It is not cost effective to pay $35 for a booster she most likely cannot use in her home country plus add in the International shipping. Car seat/booster seat laws change from country to country. As a Canadian I cannot buy either of these items in the US and use them in Canada as they do not meet our safety standards. Most likely it's the same with other countries as well as those from the US purchasing out of country. Getting a car seat or booster seat with Lyft/Uber makes far more sense in this case.

I absolutely get what you’re saying but in case anyone is reading this and is interested in the mifold, they can be bought in Canada. They are available at Canadian Tire and probably other places. We have one as we live in downtown TO and don’t drive so only need an occasional car seat for when we get cabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter