Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, hmmm, that’s interesting. I had been leaning towards ground floor but after the replies I think I’ll request something higher.

Personally I would have enjoyed the ground floor. At the end of the day we wanted nothing more than to get to our room. And always after we returned I headed back to Classic Hall to get drinks. It would have been convenient to be on the ground floor and not have to take the elevator or the stairs. I wouldn't let others sway you unless you see a really good reason to not stay on the ground floor.

Personally I would have enjoyed the ground floor. At the end of the day we wanted nothing more than to get to our room. And always after we returned I headed back to Classic Hall to get drinks. It would have been convenient to be on the ground floor and not have to take the elevator or the stairs. I wouldn't let others sway you unless you see a really good reason to not stay on the ground floor.

@Littlelily I agree with the above poster. We also prefer ground floor for the ease of access, especially for our stoller and stepping outside with a toddler.

@Littlelily I agree with the above poster. We also prefer ground floor for the ease of access, especially for our stoller and stepping outside with a toddler.

Knowing there are people who do request ground floor gives me greater hope that my request for highest floor will be granted. :worship:

Knowing there are people who do request ground floor gives me greater hope that my request for highest floor will be granted. :worship:

I’m requested ground floor in June for the first time ever. We will be arriving around 2am and I just want to stumble into a room without dealing with the elevators. It’s just a one night stay but I’m usually Team Top Floor!!

Oh and I forgot to mention the elevators in building 4. They were horrible, every time I was in one I prayed I would survive the ride, lol. The one on the left made loud noises when approaching the floor and the one on the right would just sit there for almost a min or two before it opened. By the end of my trip the one on the right was out of order so I’m assuming they were fixing it.

Oh and I forgot to mention the elevators in building 4. They were horrible, every time I was in one I prayed I would survive the ride, lol. The one on the left made loud noises when approaching the floor and the one on the right would just sit there for almost a min or two before it opened. By the end of my trip the one on the right was out of order so I’m assuming they were fixing it.

One year when we were in building 2, the one elevator had been acting a bit wonky all week (making a lot of odd noises and sometimes it took 30 seconds or so for the doors to open). We reported it to the front desk (in person) a few times but nothing seemed to change. We stopped using that elevator after day 1. A few days later we were walking from our room to get on the other elevator and as we approached, the doors of the "bad" elevator opened and the bottom of the elevator car was still about 3 ft. below the level of the floor. We took the stairs for the last 2 days (including when we were taking all of our luggage to the car to leave)...and we were on the 4th floor. They did close that elevator immediately following that incident.

we choose higher floors as we’re not a fan of the FL critters that’s floor they want. can enter ground floor rooms a little more easily than upper floors.

They can be in any rooms but I believe less likely on the higher floors.

Depends on which critters you mean. If it’s snakes, lizards, or palmetto bugs, they have no problem reaching any floor they want. Don’t forget, palmetto bugs can fly (learned that the hard way the first day I moved to Florida :scared1: ).

However, I have stayed on the ground floor at Pop three times and didn’t have any critters in my room, and I have stayed top floor as many times and didn’t see anything either. So I don’t know that one or the other makes a huge difference. I haven’t even seen any snakes or bugs at Pop. I did see a rat at POFQ once, running down a sidewalk (and no, it wasn’t Mickey).

Depends on which critters you mean. If it’s snakes, lizards, or palmetto bugs, they have no problem reaching any floor they want. Don’t forget, palmetto bugs can fly (learned that the hard way the first day I moved to Florida :scared1: ).

However, I have stayed on the ground floor at Pop three times and didn’t have any critters in my room, and I have stayed top floor as many times and didn’t see anything either. So I don’t know that one or the other makes a huge difference. I haven’t even seen any snakes or bugs at Pop. I did see a rat at POFQ once, running down a sidewalk (and no, it wasn’t Mickey).
We love the ground floor at Pop. The ducks can be a pain in the butt though. They walk around like they own the place and then poo on the walkways.

Our situation was that there was a roach in our room. It would never be pleasant (we don’t deal with roaches where we live) but the fact that it was in the toe of my daughter’s shoe when she slipped in her bare foot, was made worse when it ran across her other foot when she kicked off the shoe! Yes, not major to many but unpleasant to my then 6yo! We saw more bugs near our rooms when on the ground floor so after that I have understood her request to be on higher floors.

It’s also another reason we’re thankful to opt out of mousekeeping as it saves the door being held open for an extended period of time while the room is cleaned.

While,of course any room can have "invaders":),I just think,logically,the closer to the ground a room is,the more the odds go up.:)

(Looking for any possible food trays left outside first floor rooms at All-Star Music.:))
26856790383_da2d57fbb6_c.jpg

I know its a different resort, but last time we stayed at the Poly, the only critters I saw were a couple of those cute little lizards. They shared my ground floor patio with me more than once but never came inside.

I’m requested ground floor in June for the first time ever. We will be arriving around 2am and I just want to stumble into a room without dealing with the elevators. It’s just a one night stay but I’m usually Team Top Floor!!
I always request top floor as well, then got to thinking about all the schlepping up and down, so for my June trip I'm just going to request lake-view and see where I end up... ground floor is kind of intriguing.

:(:eek: Oh no! I can just about manage the little lizards (outdoors mind you, I don’t want to room in with them) but I might keel over if I saw a snake. They give me the absolute heebie jeebies.

Raccoons come out during the day too. Unless the raccoon is acting strangely or bleeding he or she is probably fine.
Yes,it was healthy.

A Cast Member would run it off and it would retreat to a nearby "garden area" and climb a tree and a little while later try to come back,etc.

The CM said they would probably have to have it removed and relocated.

Long time lurker, first time poster ...

We are Pop frequents (20+ stays over the last 12 years). We just returned home from a 9 day stay 3/29-4/6.

We have never experienced any issues with noise until this last trip. We were in room 3216 in the 50's lakeview, a connecting room to 3217 which my parents occupied. You'd think that was the noise issue...NOPE! It was coming from the other side of the wall in 3215 which my sister and her family occupied! I didn't complain, naturally, since it was my own family but that is the first and only time I've ever noticed hearing noise from my neighbors during any of our stays - I could hear laughing, drawers closing, toilets flushing and other "biological" noises... This was our first stay in a refurbished room so I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, or the noise was better buffered when the rooms were carpeted.

So for those asking about noise, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter