Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowamomof4,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Do you what the difference is between the standard and preferred rooms?

Several mentioned calling in your room requests. Do you still do online check-in and then call in your specific requests? What number do you call and when do you make the call?

Several mentioned calling in your room requests. Do you still do online check-in and then call in your specific requests?

We still do Online Check In and just skip the room request section.

What number do you call and when do you make the call?

407-939-4357. You can call any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Looking at the rooms there doesn't seem to be any place to sit with the second bed down. Are there areas in the resort where I can sit in peace and read the paper, be online with my laptop etc.?

Looking at the rooms there doesn't seem to be any place to sit with the second bed down. Are there areas in the resort where I can sit in peace and read the paper, be online with my laptop etc.?
There are benches facing the lake that might be quiet in the morning before construction starts

Does Disney ever give free upgrades at check in? If so is it better to not do the online check in where you go right to your room?
I think that's how the online check in works but not sure.

NGTOD

Does Disney ever give free upgrades at check in? If so is it better to not do the online check in where you go right to your room?
I think that's how the online check in works but not sure.

NGTOD
Not at Pop Century, but we have been upgraded before even when we’ve done online check-in. I’m not sure I’d want to be upgraded at Pop Century, lol. I know lots of people want the preferred pool view rooms, but the noise there just isn’t for us.

We either put the two chairs side by side by the window or one chair at either end of the dresser when using the Murphy bed. Each of those options gives you some space to set down a coffee or the remainder of the paper. There are some umbrella tables outside the enclosure for the computer pool that are seldom fully occupied as well.

The beds are really easy and quick to put up and down, but when my daughter is still sleeping I like to hang out at an umbrella table by the Hippy Dippy pool or the foodcourt. The foodcourt often gets a bad rap for being noisy and chaotic, but there are plenty of tables and I find it easy to find a quieter out of the way table and relax. :goodvibes

Not at Pop Century, but we have been upgraded before even when we’ve done online check-in. I’m not sure I’d want to be upgraded at Pop Century, lol. I know lots of people want the preferred pool view rooms, but the noise there just isn’t for us.

Thanks CM12. I don't want to get upgraded but the other family that just booked was looking to be close to us.

If the reservations are linked would Disney attempt to put us close together even though one family has preferred and the other standard?

NGTOD

Unfortunately Disney neglected to factor in somewhere to sit and eat when the bed is opened. What we do now is grab a couple of trays from the cafeteria and use those while we sit on the bed. Lots of pillows at your back and you have a nice comfy chair. The trays come in handy for our stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter