Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, one more question, does anyone happen to know if Disney still does the bounce back offers? We are planning a much bigger family trip next year and would love the opportunity to take advantage of this. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, one more question, does anyone happen to know if Disney still does the bounce back offers? We are planning a much bigger family trip next year and would love the opportunity to take advantage of this. Thanks in advance!

Yes, they do. There are usually 2 different offers; One is free dining, and one is room only. It usually depends on when you are there as to what they are offering. We don't know what all they will offer this year or when, but if you want to look at this thread, it at lest gives the info and the recent history (and what is going on right now); Bounceback Info

Yes, they still offer BB offers. Since you are going in March the offer will be a room discount but unfortunately the dates are for 2019 only.

This is the current offer which is in place until Aug 15, 2019.
2019 - early BB offer.jpg

I have been trying for several days to make a reservation at Disney Pop Century Resort. All of the types of rooms say no availability for the first two weeks of December.

I am looking for a roll-in shower room.

I recall this happening last year, too. But I was eventually able to get my room.

Does anyone know if they put rooms out every so often like every month?

And if so, about when they might do this?

Laundry questions - on post 1 it says coin operated, is this still the case or do they now do credit cards?

Secondly, are you able to use your own detergent or do you have to buy it from them? DH is staying 1 night at Pop, coming from a week at a work retreat nearby a day ahead of me and the kids, and so will want to do his clothes from the previous week so he can pack lighter. Thanks for any info...

I have a question about the noise level at Pop. We normally stay at a moderate(Coronado or Port Orleans). Would you say Pop is much louder? I am wondering about the pools and noise level around the rooms. Thanks in advance for any input!!

I have a question about the noise level at Pop. We normally stay at a moderate(Coronado or Port Orleans). Would you say Pop is much louder? I am wondering about the pools and noise level around the rooms. Thanks in advance for any input!!

IMO, if you are in a room right by the pool, then it does get noisy. I've not stayed at Coronado, so I can't compare that, but I do think it is louder than either Port resort. I just don't stay in pool view rooms, and then I don't really notice a difference.

Laundry questions - on post 1 it says coin operated, is this still the case or do they now do credit cards?

Secondly, are you able to use your own detergent or do you have to buy it from them? DH is staying 1 night at Pop, coming from a week at a work retreat nearby a day ahead of me and the kids, and so will want to do his clothes from the previous week so he can pack lighter. Thanks for any info...
Laundry is credit card only. No coins anymore.

You can bring your own detergent. There is detergent available to purchase if needed. I prefer my own detergent so I always bring some of the detergent pods along with me.

I have been trying for several days to make a reservation at Disney Pop Century Resort. All of the types of rooms say no availability for the first two weeks of December.

I recall this happening last year, too. But I was eventually able to get my room.

I am not aware that resorts hold back rooms except when Special Offers are about to come out. We haven't seen any special offers past September except for BB offers that are available through December 2019. With Star Wars: Galexys Edge opening later this year it's impossible to tell if there will be any special offers released for late 2019 or not.

Also, I wonder how many people have booked rooms hoping that it will open and then will cancel if it does not? That could be a possible room for the 'no availability'.

The other challenge is that Pop is the hot ticket resort right now. Reasonable prices, newly renovated, amazing rooms and soon will have the gondolas too! Availability is just hard to find.

Have you tried calling in? My experience has been that occasionally CMs can see options that we can't and can help piece something together. It may include potential room changes.

I've tried finding rooms for friends at Pop and for the last year or so it's just far more difficult as Pop is running at near capacity and people are booking early. Add in the potential for SW:GE to be open and it's extremely difficult to find availability. Hopefully if you call they'll be able to help you out.

It can be noisy if your room is next to the pool, especially during afternoon activities or later in the evening. If you want a quieter room I would choose a standard room as those are away from the pools.

I find Pop to be a very quiet resort. Busy and active but I don't find noise to be a problem in the rooms and I've stayed there 25+ times.

I haven't found Pop to be any louder than CSR or PO, but we've never stayed in a room by the pools. Pool noise is going to be the same at any resort so I would avoid a pool view room anywhere if you're concerned with noise. We typically ask for lake facing, 60s section, top floor, and we rarely hear anything other than the occasional group walking by or toilet flush early AM. We did hear some construction noise in the morning from the skyliner back in November but we were already up (it was somewhere between 7-8AM when it started I believe).

Ok to piggyback on the noise question how are the preferred rooms in regards to noise? Are they a close walk to the food court and bus stops? We have only stayed in Port Orleans Royal Rooms and Contemporary Garden Rooms. While we enjoyed both places my biggest complaint was the walk to the dining area and bus stops.

What are your dates? I tried looking for December 1 thru December 15. As you discovered, there was no availability for your room category for all of those nights. However, when I broke it apart into two separate stays of December 1 thru 8 and December 8 thru 15, there is availability for a standard room, wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower. For whatever reason, Disney has a very strange system for booking rooms. I often find that if what I want isn’t available, if I break my stay into two pieces, I can find what I’m looking for. I then call and explain the situation and ask for them to book my reservation as one consecutive stay instead of two stays so that I don’t have to move rooms. (note: if the CM who takes that call tells me it can’t be done, I thank them and call back to talk to someone else...in my experience, a different CM will know how to do it). I’m not sure what Disney is trying to accomplish by not allowing certain stays to be booked online. I hope you’re able to get your stay at Pop booked!!

I haven't found Pop to be any louder than CSR or PO, but we've never stayed in a room by the pools. Pool noise is going to be the same at any resort so I would avoid a pool view room anywhere if you're concerned with noise. We typically ask for lake facing, 60s section, top floor, and we rarely hear anything other than the occasional group walking by or toilet flush early AM. We did hear some construction noise in the morning from the skyliner back in November but we were already up (it was somewhere between 7-8AM when it started I believe).

It can be noisy if your room is next to the pool, especially during afternoon activities or later in the evening. If you want a quieter room I would choose a standard room as those are away from the pools.

I find Pop to be a very quiet resort. Busy and active but I don't find noise to be a problem in the rooms and I've stayed there 25+ times.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your replies. Thanks for the tips(top floor in 60's section and facing the lake). We have no interest in being close to a pool facing room and I booked a standard room so I will request the lake view. If we find the main pool too noisy we will head over to one of the other pools.

I find Pop to be a very quiet resort. Busy and active but I don't find noise to be a problem in the rooms and I've stayed there 25+ times.

Thank you for your replies. Thanks for the tips(top floor in 60's section and facing the lake). We have no interest in being close to a pool facing room and I booked a standard room so I will request the lake view. If we find the main pool too noisy we will head over to one of the other pools.[/QUOTE]

The bowling pin pool is our favorite! We've never found it to be crowded even in hot June afternoons.

I just noticed the quote looks weird..

Hi! Are they still offering a gift card instead of cleaning your room daily?
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

I believe this is still ongoing, yes - $10 per night, minus one night (so if you're staying for six nights, you'll get a $50 card).
I took advantage of this when I was there last in late November/early December, as it was just my husband and I, and we don't spend much time in the rooms - we didn't even need to call for trash removal or new towels even though we were there for five nights. When I return with a full room of four people this coming fall, I don't think we'll go for it. I just feel like a full room needs the daily bed turndowns, towel refresh, trash taken out, etc, even if you're not in the rooms so much. But, your mileage may vary.

Public Service announcement to hopefully help others as I only learned this about a year ago:

To search for information in an existing thread, go to the top of the page and look for the 'Search' box
upload_2019-1-23_13-8-20.png

Key in the word(s) you'd like to search for' Select 'Search this thread only' and then click the 'Search' button

upload_2019-1-23_13-10-56.png

A list of all posts in this thread that match your search criteria will be posted. The most recent posts will display first then go backwards chronologically.

upload_2019-1-23_13-12-47.png

I find this method works really well and it time saving when looking for things that are commonly asked.

Hope this helps others as much as it helped me when someone taught me this cool little trick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter