Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was gondola construction I was referring and I had seen some asking about noise when it 1st started I just didn't know if maybe it has picked up pace and gotten to a more noisy level I guess. LOL I just didn't want to request a room with in a certain area that was going to end up being loud because we have a couple mid day naps planned. Thanks.
I understand. I think it’s safe to say that construction noise due to the gondolas being built is not a problem. :)

This footage is from Caribbean Beach Resort but is pretty cool!! They have run wires this week and are now testing the very first arm that will carry a gondola going through a tower. Can’t believe how quickly the wiring is going in!!

The cables are not done yet and really the DHS portion is the one furthest along. The arm is not necessarily a test but to help keep the cable from twisting as it is pulled through.

The cables are not done yet and really the DHS portion is the one furthest along. The arm is not necessarily a test but to help keep the cable from twisting as it is pulled through.
No, I in no way indicated that the cables are done. I said that I'm surprised how quickly the wiring is going in. I understood the arm was similar to one that would hold a gondola eventually.

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can find the answer.

Our flight arrives tomorrow night at 11:30pm. The latest Prime Now delivery I can get is 8pm-10pm. I've ordered some perishables.

Will Bell Services refrigerate this for us or should be hold off and have our delivery arrive the next day?

TIA!

This footage is from Caribbean Beach Resort but is pretty cool!! They have run wires this week and are now testing the very first arm that will carry a gondola going through a tower. Can’t believe how quickly the wiring is going in!!

Lol looks like a ufo or a ghost just floating in the air

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can find the answer.

Our flight arrives tomorrow night at 11:30pm. The latest Prime Now delivery I can get is 8pm-10pm. I've ordered some perishables.

Will Bell Services refrigerate this for us or should be hold off and have our delivery arrive the next day?

TIA!

They put our bag of cold items in the refrigerator until I could go get them.

They were working on the gondola last Friday when I went back to the room for an afternoon break. Took a pic of them hoisting something up with a crane from outside my room in building 2. I couldn't hear anything.

What I did hear was only in the afternoon, they were sanding off the paint from the dancers on building 3 so they can repaint them. The pair on building 1 looked like they'd been painted because it was very fresh and clean. I would imagine it's being painted this week since it was all white except for one pair of legs. I have a pic of that somewhere too. But they weren't working when I'd leave for the parks in the morning between 8 and 9.

My friend did hear the beeping from vehicles backing up but it was only Friday night. I use earplugs so I didn't hear it. My biggest pet peeve was the neighbor that let their door slam or was very loud with the bathroom door/shower doors.

I would say the loudest thing was the food court between 830pm and 11pm :)

I apologize, I'm sure this as been asked and answered, but I searched and didn't get a good answer. I am wondering your experience with leaving your suitcase with the front desk if your room is not ready, or on checkout day if you stayed after checkout.

If all goes as planned we will be at the resort by 10:30am on Tuesday and although I requested early checkin I realize I probably won't get it. I have never left my suitcase before. We will have 3 carry on sized suitcases without any luggage tags since we are carrying on. I can put tags on them with our names (and locks). Anything else I need to do?

This makes me nervous for some reason, but I also don't want to sit around in the lobby all day with our suitcases. Also, on Saturday when we check out we are going to Epcot for most of the day since our flight is at 8:45pm. We will want to leave our suitcases again, but also make sure they do not get sent to the airport to be checked. Just looking for advice.

In addition to the excellent responses you’ve already received, I just wanted to suggest that you allow plenty of time when you go to retrieve your bags before DME or other transportation to the airport. At different times, it gets quite hectic and there may be a wait to have someone get your bags and they may spend some time in the luggage storage area finding them. Not horrible, but don’t expect immediate retrieval.

In addition to the excellent responses you’ve already received, I just wanted to suggest that you allow plenty of time when you go to retrieve your bags before DME or other transportation to the airport. At different times, it gets quite hectic and there may be a wait to have someone get your bags and they may spend some time in the luggage storage area finding them. Not horrible, but don’t expect immediate retrieval.
Thanks for this tip! We will be leaving our bags with luggage services on departure day for the first time as our flight does not leave until 9:30pm. It's good to know to leave additional time for pickup.

Just read that Disney parks article. So sad. Wanted to ride it this summer. Oh well at least I don’t need to hope any longer.

Sadly it sounds so. We are booked at Pop Sep 7-15 and even with those dates I won't hold my breath as technically fall does not begin until the week after we leave. :(

Sadly it sounds so. We are booked at Pop Sep 7-15 and even with those dates I won't hold my breath as technically fall does not begin until the week after we leave. :(

I think they may start running them a little early. To better manage expectations, the announcement won’t provide an aspirational opening time. This way, we can only be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter