Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have the refillable mugs with free dining on our upcoming trip. What morning beverages are available for the mug at the Everything Pop food court (coffee, tea, sweetener, creamer)? Is it any better than in room coffee?
All those will be available. I'm not a coffee drinker, but generally DH prefers the coffee from the food courts. If you like flavored creamer, bring your own--they have regular only as far as I know.

The last time I stayed at WDW (POR) the tea bags were not out. They were free, but you had to ask for them at the registers in the food court. Not sure how Pop handles it.

We will have the refillable mugs with free dining on our upcoming trip. What morning beverages are available for the mug at the Everything Pop food court (coffee, tea, sweetener, creamer)? Is it any better than in room coffee?
Coffee, tea and hot chocolate, in addition to the fountain drinks. There is cream, sugar and various artificial sweeteners. It's the same coffee that is provided in the rooms.

Coffee, tea and hot chocolate, in addition to the fountain drinks. There is cream, sugar and various artificial sweeteners. It's the same coffee that is provided in the rooms.
Well, the coffee might be the same, but I like to think that at least the coffee maker might be cleaner than the one in the room. I always hesitate to use the in-room coffee makers. Am I the only one?

I also think the coffee in the food court tastes better...and the hot chocolate machines are there! I like to add a little hot chocolate to my coffee.

Well, the coffee might be the same, but I like to think that at least the coffee maker might be cleaner than the one in the room. I always hesitate to use the in-room coffee makers. Am I the only one?

I also think the coffee in the food court tastes better...and the hot chocolate machines are there! I like to add a little hot chocolate to my coffee.

I agree with this (including adding the hot chocolate to coffee). I think the coffee tastes much better from the food court area. I put some flavored creamer in my cup and headed to the lobby each morning for it. When I was out of creamer I added the hot choc. Never used the in room coffee maker.

My 9yo learned how to make coffee in the coffee maker. Her special treat was to make me a coffee each morning with a love note on the cup or lid. Best coffee I’ve ever tasted! :D

That’s sweet! When my daughter learned to make mine with the Kureg she filled my cup around 1/3 full of flavored creamer. I guess that was how she made mine sweet lol. The love notes on the lid are awesome!

I was just watching a Disney Food Blig video about Christmas activities. It mentions many resorts offer the opportunity to decorate Christmas cookies. If anyone is there over the next few weeks and learns more about this, could you please share here? We arrive 4 weeks from today and I know this is something we would enjoy! Thanks!

Checked out after 8 nights this morning. Was in 2456 which was what I had my TA request, bldg 2 top floor. I had a lake view and walked down a couple of rooms to watch the fireworks last night after packing.

The room has just the shower. I like the new rooms except for doing my stretches each night, the floor is so hard and slippery. I did bring an extra blanket to sit on etc for this.

We opted out of hk which was great. My friend was with me for 4 nights and liked the murphy bed. It was nice for the extra space when it was just me. I emptied the trash once and put some towels out which worked well.

Hello friends, we are preparing my requests and I was wondering if there are any buildings that we should try and avoid, due to the noise and construction on the gondolas? Thank you in advance!

Hello friends, we are preparing my requests and I was wondering if there are any buildings that we should try and avoid, due to the noise and construction on the gondolas? Thank you in advance!
I don’t think the gondola construction has been too noisy. Lots of people have still been requesting lake view. I haven’t seen any complaints about noise

That's it! 4458! And we stayed for a total of 18 nights. You'd think that I'd remember!

I've always found it odd that that many rooms in the 50s, 60s and 70s are not called "Preferred view" even though they face the lake. They are absolutely beautiful, quiet, close to everything, and they are called standard rooms! Basically, Pop doesn't charge extra for lake view. You'd think they would.

We are working on our room request now and I was wondering if you were bothered by any noise from the gondola construction in building 4?
:thanks:

Thank you so much for your response. This is great to hear.

We are working on our room request now and I was wondering if you were bothered by any noise from the gondola construction in building 4?
:thanks:
Not at all. Actually, there was never a single thing happening at the gondola during my 18 night stay. Not only was there no noise, from the hotel room or from when we walked right next to it, but I never saw anybody working on it either! Now that did bother me, because I really wanted to see the Skyliner done!

According to DansDad, the gondola is to be finished around May 2019, so if you are going near or after that time, it will be near finished anyway and shouldn't be noisy.

I apologize, I'm sure this as been asked and answered, but I searched and didn't get a good answer. I am wondering your experience with leaving your suitcase with the front desk if your room is not ready, or on checkout day if you stayed after checkout.

If all goes as planned we will be at the resort by 10:30am on Tuesday and although I requested early checkin I realize I probably won't get it. I have never left my suitcase before. We will have 3 carry on sized suitcases without any luggage tags since we are carrying on. I can put tags on them with our names (and locks). Anything else I need to do?

This makes me nervous for some reason, but I also don't want to sit around in the lobby all day with our suitcases. Also, on Saturday when we check out we are going to Epcot for most of the day since our flight is at 8:45pm. We will want to leave our suitcases again, but also make sure they do not get sent to the airport to be checked. Just looking for advice.

I apologize, I'm sure this as been asked and answered, but I searched and didn't get a good answer. I am wondering your experience with leaving your suitcase with the front desk if your room is not ready, or on checkout day if you stayed after checkout.

If all goes as planned we will be at the resort by 10:30am on Tuesday and although I requested early checkin I realize I probably won't get it. I have never left my suitcase before. We will have 3 carry on sized suitcases without any luggage tags since we are carrying on. I can put tags on them with our names (and locks). Anything else I need to do?

This makes me nervous for some reason, but I also don't want to sit around in the lobby all day with our suitcases. Also, on Saturday when we check out we are going to Epcot for most of the day since our flight is at 8:45pm. We will want to leave our suitcases again, but also make sure they do not get sent to the airport to be checked. Just looking for advice.
Pop has luggage services that handles many suitcases daily in situations just like yours.

When you arrive, if your room is not ready take your suitcases to luggage services which is located outside, just to the right of the main front doors. You will see it when you’re going from Disney's Magical Express to the front desk.

They will tag each of your bags and give you the other half of the tag. You can request that they take your bags to your room when it becomes ready or let them know you’ll pick them up later.

You’ll follow the same steps in departure day.

Let me tell you my experience. In general, there's nothing wrong with leaving your suitcase with the bell people. They guard it nicely and nobody is going to steal it or anything. They put a computer sticker on it, so they can't give it away by mistake. (And if they do, most people don't want your luggage; they will simply make the bell boy take it back.) So you need not worry about luggage loss at all.
What I do worry about myself is having them deliver it. For example, I had luggage brought over to All Stars Music once. They got the luggage before 4 p.m., (I knew because I called them and they said so), but they didn't deliver it to my room until 9:30. I tried it go get it myself around 7:30 p.m., but they said my luggage was with the delivery guy, so I had to wait. I sure waited a long time!
Another time, I had my luggage delivered at CBR, and they delivered it around 7:30 p.m. (even though they had it by 4). Another time, I had my luggage delivered at GF. By 5 p.m. I had no luggage, so I called them and asked is my luggage here? And they said YES! I said can you bring it? They said SURE! And they brought it within 5 minutes. My DS11 at the time said, why didn't they just bring it? What were they waiting for?:rolleyes: And for Pop, they do the same. The luggage gets delivered rather late, for my taste. They used to deliver it earlier, but it seems to get later as the years go by.

So the only concern about luggage for me is how late they might be to bring it. If you don't mind that, then it doesn't hurt a thing. Otherwise, you should just tell them to store your luggage and not deliver it to your room, you will come get it. I noticed that at least this year, Pop has started letting people borrow luggage carts. I saw somebody with one 2 months ago and I asked them about it. So even if you have a ton of luggage, you can get one of those carts and push your stuff yourself with ease.

But in any case you don't need to be concerned about loss. I've seen people give the bell boys open shopping bags that don't even zip up (the stuff can easily fall out of there if the bag tips over), and I've never heard anybody complain about stuff getting stolen out of bags. The bell boys also handle grocery deliveries, which are all just paper grocery bags. They do a great job with it.

Luggage to the airport are checked in in the morning only. Otherwise, you can bring them with you and do it at the airport. Doing it at the hotel is generally easier. So the best way is to check luggage is in the morning before you head for Epcot.

Last edited:
Not at all. Actually, there was never a single thing happening at the gondola during my 18 night stay. Not only was there no noise, from the hotel room or from when we walked right next to it, but I never saw anybody working on it either! Now that did bother me, because I really wanted to see the Skyliner done!

According to DansDad, the gondola is to be finished around May 2019, so if you are going near or after that time, it will be near finished anyway and shouldn't be noisy.
I’m wondering if Disney bit off more than they can chew? They have so many projects going on right now and the gondola is a big one, along with Star Wars land. They’ve completely halted renovations at all star movies. We don’t have a confirmed answer but I’m pretty sure it has to do with construction costs. Maybe they are focusing on the gondola construction over by hs first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter