Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, I'm sure this as been asked and answered, but I searched and didn't get a good answer. I am wondering your experience with leaving your suitcase with the front desk if your room is not ready, or on checkout day if you stayed after checkout.

If all goes as planned we will be at the resort by 10:30am on Tuesday and although I requested early checkin I realize I probably won't get it. I have never left my suitcase before. We will have 3 carry on sized suitcases without any luggage tags since we are carrying on. I can put tags on them with our names (and locks). Anything else I need to do?

This makes me nervous for some reason, but I also don't want to sit around in the lobby all day with our suitcases. Also, on Saturday when we check out we are going to Epcot for most of the day since our flight is at 8:45pm. We will want to leave our suitcases again, but also make sure they do not get sent to the airport to be checked. Just looking for advice.
We arrived around 10 am in October and were actually able to get a room that early. Just go up to the front desk and mention you don’t care where the room is at (unless you actually do care). We weren’t picky because we didn’t have plans until 3 and wanted somewhere to sleep until then.

We’ve always had good experiences with the luggage service. You don’t have to put tags on your bags. They took all of our bags at bc, even our backpacks, and we were able to pick them all up later with no problems.

Let me tell you my experience. In general, there's nothing wrong with leaving your suitcase with the bell people. They guard it nicely and nobody is going to steal it or anything. They put a computer sticker on it, so they can't give it away by mistake. (And if they do, most people don't want your luggage; they will simply make the bell boy take it back.) So you need not worry about luggage loss at all.
What I do worry about myself is having them deliver it. For example, I had luggage brought over to All Stars Music once. They got the luggage before 4 p.m., (I knew because I called them and they said so), but they didn't deliver it to my room until 9:30. I tried it go get it myself around 7:30 p.m., but they said my luggage was with the delivery guy, so I had to wait. I sure waited a long time!
Another time, I had my luggage delivered at CBR, and they delivered it around 7:30 p.m. (even though they had it by 4). Another time, I had my luggage delivered at GF. By 5 p.m. I had no luggage, so I called them and asked is my luggage here? And they said YES! I said can you bring it? They said SURE! And they brought it within 5 minutes. My DS11 at the time said, why didn't they just bring it? What were they waiting for?:rolleyes: And for Pop, they do the same. The luggage gets delivered rather late, for my taste. They used to deliver it earlier, but it seems to get later as the years go by.

So the only concern about luggage for me is how late they might be to bring it. If you don't mind that, then it doesn't hurt a thing. Otherwise, you should just tell them to store your luggage and not deliver it to your room, you will come get it. I noticed that at least this year, Pop has started letting people borrow luggage carts. I saw somebody with one 2 months ago and I asked them about it. So even if you have a ton of luggage, you can get one of those carts and push your stuff yourself with ease.

But in any case you don't need to be concerned about loss. I've seen people give the bell boys open shopping bags that don't even zip up (the stuff can easily fall out of there if the bag tips over), and I've never heard anybody complain about stuff getting stolen out of bags. The bell boys also handle grocery deliveries, which are all just paper grocery bags. They do a great job with it.

Luggage to the airport are checked in in the morning only. Otherwise, you can bring them with you and do it at the airport. Doing it at the hotel is generally easier. So the best way is to check luggage is in the morning before you head for Epcot.

Thank you! We will tell them we will pick it up because we will want to go to the room when it is ready and get ready for a dinner reservation. Hopefully that won't be a problem. We will be 3 people with 3 small cases so getting them to the room won't be a problem for us. We are not checking them at all at the airport since we have carry on size and have prepaid to carry it right onto the plane. thanks for the reply!

I’m wondering if Disney bit off more than they can chew? They have so many projects going on right now and the gondola is a big one, along with Star Wars land. They’ve completely halted renovations at all star movies. We don’t have a confirmed answer but I’m pretty sure it has to do with construction costs. Maybe they are focusing on the gondola construction over by hs first?

They halted renovations at ASMv? Why would they do that? But Disney has been doing a ton of construction the past few years. I have been telling my husband that there must not be a single builder left in Orlando who isn't working overtime for Disney, so if you own a house there and need something done, why, you're just out of luck.

Can anyone report about the construction noise lately? We always book a standard room and request 60's 4th floor and it's always quiet. I'm worried that might not be the case this year and it's down the wire so I need to get my act together and make a request.

They halted renovations at ASMv? Why would they do that? But Disney has been doing a ton of construction the past few years. I have been telling my husband that there must not be a single builder left in Orlando who isn't working overtime for Disney, so if you own a house there and need something done, why, you're just out of luck.
Yeah they’ve stopped and I’m not sure when they plan to start up again.

Can anyone report about the construction noise lately? We always book a standard room and request 60's 4th floor and it's always quiet. I'm worried that might not be the case this year and it's down the wire so I need to get my act together and make a request.
This question gets asked often yet I do not remember hearing one single person say that they were bothered by gondola construction noise.

Is there anyone who has stayed at Pop during the building in the gondolas that can say they were affected by the construction noise? Possibly I’ve missed it but I just haven’t read it reported that noise was an issue. (The room refurb noise could be heard but that is long over.)

I’m asking about the gondolas as we’ve been there twice while I could see people working yet could hear nothing. Interested to hear responses to my question above.

Hello guys! We're back from our USA trip and it was amazing,
Our first stay at Pop Century was PERFECT!

We stayed at the room 4456
4th Floor 60's Theme Building 4

We love it so so soooo much! I can't even describe!
It was all so clean, so beautiful and so practical.
My favorite from the values by far! :D

This question gets asked often yet I do not remember hearing one single person say that they were bothered by gondola construction noise.

Is there anyone who has stayed at Pop during the building in the gondolas that can say they were affected by the construction noise? Possibly I’ve missed it but I just haven’t read it reported that noise was an issue. (The room refurb noise could be heard but that is long over.)

I’m asking about the gondolas as we’ve been there twice while I could see people working yet could hear nothing. Interested to hear responses to my question above.

We were there in the summer and it didn’t bother us a bit - we were even in the room most afternoons - lake view rooms on the gondola side. I remember one person saying they heard the beeps of trucks backing up at night but it didn’t bother them. I also remember reading when they were putting in the bases for the towers there was some pounding (I think another site) but that is long done. I think the bulk of that construction is done anyway. They are starting to put the cables up that arenused to put the real cables up at HS so I am pretty sure there isn’t much left to do. Of course I sadly am not there. Just stuff I have read. I am following this fairly closely because we want these functional when we come early June and it could possibly happen! No more long trek to Epcot bus stops and the seemingly eternal wait for bus there!

I know I have read that there is a microwave and toaster that you can use in the food court. What I am wondering is if you then eat at one of the tables or take your food back to your room (when it’s your own food you brought).

I know I have read that there is a microwave and toaster that you can use in the food court. What I am wondering is if you then eat at one of the tables or take your food back to your room (when it’s your own food you brought).
You can stay and eat in the Food Court(Everything Pop) if you would like.(So few Guests do this that it is not a problem to do so.).

Think of it a food court rather than a restaurant. Yes, you can bring your own food at eat at the tables.

Bussing question...

I was on Facebook (DisneyWorld Junkies) earlier and someone had a video of the crowds at the bus stop this morning and others chimed in about the long waits coming and going due to the volume of guests. I'm booked at POP for December 2019, and realize the Skyliner may help, but what's everyone's experience with this? My last two stays were at WL in 2014 and 2012 for comparison.

Bussing question...

I was on Facebook (DisneyWorld Junkies) earlier and someone had a video of the crowds at the bus stop this morning and others chimed in about the long waits coming and going due to the volume of guests. I'm booked at POP for December 2019, and realize the Skyliner may help, but what's everyone's experience with this? My last two stays were at WL in 2014 and 2012 for comparison.

Crowds can develop fast at Pop, it's a big resort, but buses also come quicker to this resort due to the volume of people.

Crowded? Yes! Lengthy waits? Nope, not for me, but I know it can happen, especially leaving the parks right after fireworks. That's my experience over several lengthy stays anyways. If I'm at the park, and Pop lines are long, I'll take the AofA bus and walk over. I've experienced much longer bus waits at other resorts, so I really do like Pop buses.

You should know that buses (especially at Pop) can be standing room only and they do get as many people on one bus as possible.

I've stayed in a 50's lake view room (room 3230), a 60's lake view (bldg. 5) and 60's lake view (room 4442) since the Skyliner construction began and have never been bothered by construction noise.

In 3 lakeview stays, I've not been bothered by the construction noise. There were a couple mornings that we got a later start than normal that I did hear it but it wasn't bothersome. We even came back to the room to nap a couple times on our most recent trip and didn't hear a thing and we had a direct view of the construction.

Bussing question...

We left Pop this morning for home. At 8:20am the bus lines were very crowded for MK, HS and AK. But there was a constant flow of buses for all 3 parks. Seem to be loading one bus while another was queued up. Leaving on the Magical Express for the airport around 11am and there may have been 20 people total for ALL bus lines.

The only issues I've mainly had with Pop buses is after park closing. Long lines with slow buses. But I think that could be said for most resorts late at night.

Yes it was gondola construction I was referring and I had seen some asking about noise when it 1st started I just didn't know if maybe it has picked up pace and gotten to a more noisy level I guess. LOL I just didn't want to request a room with in a certain area that was going to end up being loud because we have a couple mid day naps planned. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter