Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why people request a lake view room? Can you see fireworks or something?
You can request Lake View or Fireworks View.:)

Lake View will have a view of Hourglass Lake but may not have a view of the Fireworks.

Fireworks View will have a view of Hourglass Lake AND a view of the Fireworks.

(Note-often you have to step just outside of your room onto the walkway to see the Fireworks-you can't see them from "inside" the rom.)

30547171022_1f94dfdcd2_c.jpg

Lake View will have a view of Hourglass Lake but may not have a view of the Fireworks.

(Note-often you have to step just outside of your room onto the walkway to see the Fireworks-you can't see them from "inside" the rom.)

What building is this shot from?

I also want to add that if you don’t get a firework view don’t worry. Our room wasn’t a firework view but we went on a walk with our niece the first night we got there and happened to be by the bridge when fireworks started. It was a magical start to her first Disney trip.

I thought so. We stayed in the same building with same view in 2009. AoA was still a ghost resort at that time. We really enjoyed it.

We have two rooms booked for Jan. Originally had preferred rooms booked but when the discounts came out we had to move to standard. We want to be close to Classic Hall and busses. We will have 3 littles with us and a double stroller. What building should we request to be close?

We have two rooms booked for Jan. Originally had preferred rooms booked but when the discounts came out we had to move to standard. We want to be close to Classic Hall and busses. We will have 3 littles with us and a double stroller. What building should we request to be close?
Building 10 is really close to the buses

Hi Everyone!

2 weeks today until we go on our first WDW holiday staying at POP!

Because we’ve never done this before I was just looking for advice on room suggestions and how to check in (potentially a ridiculous question but I like to know details).
Because we don’t know the layout of the hotel and what’s best then would love some suggestions on what building to try stay in.
Should we do room requests? What’s the benefit of this? If so, how?

We’re in the UK and MDE says we can check into our hotel, should we do this prior to arrival? Does it make any difference for when we get there?

Any other tips/suggestions would be great!

Thanks

I think @Haley R covered it pretty well for you, but I would suggest visiting Touringplans room finder for the PoP Century and just Play around with it. I know some one the board have issues with how accurate the info is, and not sure if they’ve updated everything since the rooms have been refurbished BUT it’s a great way to see what the view looks like from different buildings and floors.

EDIT: Just looked at the page and they still say double beds, so it looks like that info hasn’t been updated recently. That said, the view from the room, walking distances to Lobby/Busses, etc. is still useful information.

I think @Haley R covered it pretty well for you, but I would suggest visiting Touringplans room finder for the PoP Century and just Play around with it. I know some one the board have issues with how accurate the info is, and not sure if they’ve updated everything since the rooms have been refurbished BUT it’s a great way to see what the view looks like from different buildings and floors.

EDIT: Just looked at the page and they still say double beds, so it looks like that info hasn’t been updated recently. That said, the view from the room, walking distances to Lobby/Busses, etc. is still useful information.
We always use touring plans when we look at sections to request. Plus I just think it’s fun to look at the views from the rooms.

Building 10 is really close to the buses

I second requesting building 10 - I had a standard room booked and I thought they must have upgraded me to preferred - lol! It was very close to the bus and the main hall/main pool. We had a room facing inward toward the Big Wheel and big mickey phone and it was still quiet (unlike my All Star Sports experience where the room facing the interior courtyard was horribly noisy).

I've also stayed there in rooms facing trees (trees and mulch below) and I liked those because I knew no one would be outside down there at night making noise - haha! I'm not sure how to request a tree/mulch view though ;)

I second requesting building 10 - I had a standard room booked and I thought they must have upgraded me to preferred - lol! It was very close to the bus and the main hall/main pool. We had a room facing inward toward the Big Wheel and big mickey phone and it was still quiet (unlike my All Star Sports experience where the room facing the interior courtyard was horribly noisy).

I've also stayed there in rooms facing trees (trees and mulch below) and I liked those because I knew no one would be outside down there at night making noise - haha! I'm not sure how to request a tree/mulch view though ;)
We were almost on the corner facing the Rubik’s cubes and right next to the parking lot. It was such a short walk to the buses that we usually would just skip the lobby and go straight to our room.

I just have to say how much I love checking this thread every day (or few days as time allows). I miss Pop. Every. Day. I smell Pop when I visit this thread! What a fun place to be and a fun place to miss. I am renewing my AP, so I can sleep in those beds again! Even bought a candle that smells like the lobby. Just wanted you to know. When I am not at my Happy Place, this thread helps take me home!! Thank you!!:love:
Edited to add: DD bought me one of the old, framed POP posters from the 60's section while she was doing the DCP. Yep! That's going up in this house!!!

for anyone interested, I just cancelled a reservation at the Pop for a standard room, Nov 10-17, 2018. Anyone here who'd like to try and snare it, good luck!

After being away from POP the last couple trips, stayed at AKL in 2016 and offsite last week, I'm definitely missing it. Haven't been at POP since Sept 2015 so May can't come fast enough. I upgraded to an AP last week so I'm hoping to get a short trip in before then.

I tried a couple weeks ago to switch to Pop but couldnt lock it in on my dates. By the time I called it was gone so grabbed an AoA LM room.

Well after searching last night low and behold Pop opened up so switched from AoA.

Rack rate since its very late to use promo code but still cheaper than AoA and got preferred room so no LOOONG walk.

Selling point was Queen Beds vs Full Beds.

Has anyone here stayed at Pop over Thanksgiving weekend? I'm wondering how crowded the resort and buses will be. We have Riverside booked, but I have Pop on hold. It'll save me $300 to switch to Pop but I am concerned about it being a madhouse.

Has anyone here stayed at Pop over Thanksgiving weekend? I'm wondering how crowded the resort and buses will be. We have Riverside booked, but I have Pop on hold. It'll save me $300 to switch to Pop but I am concerned about it being a madhouse.

Every resort will be at or very near capacity that weekend. Heck most of the resorts are over 90% capacity every day.

I have stayed at Pop numerous times when it has been at capacity. I find it manageable. Buses and food court will be busy at park open/close and main meal times but that's normal. Pop is quite used to handling capacity crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter