Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone there know if they still have the waffle fries in the food court and whether they have the Halloweencups?
When we were there last week, I used a Halloween gift card and the cashier made a comment about it matching the mugs that "don't seem to exist." In our week-long stay, I saw a small percentage of guests with the Halloween mugs. Hopefully now that it's October they'll be easier for you to find!!

Credit card only. I find it rather annoying that everything at Disney is MagicBand, but you have to remember your card for doing laundry. So often we do laundry while we’re at the pool...I’m not sure what to do with my credit card while I swim. I guess I could just put it in the bottom of the bag we take to the pool, but I don’t like to take a chance like that. Usually I end up putting it into the front of my swimsuit. :rolleyes2 At least I know it won’t go missing. And I can’t even count the number of times I have walked from our room to the laundry room only to discover I don’t have my credit card! I need to come up with a better system, I think. A lanyard or something.
I know they are different systems, but the ships (Disney Cruise Line) let u use your Key to the World card. So much easier since always have it with you. Last time we stayed at POrt Orleans I had to walk to the front desk after getting to the laundry room and they wouldn’t let me get cash and charge it to my room saying I had to go back and get my credit card. After enough fussing, the gave me a small amount of cash charged to my room.

Credit card only. I find it rather annoying that everything at Disney is MagicBand, but you have to remember your card for doing laundry. So often we do laundry while we’re at the pool...I’m not sure what to do with my credit card while I swim. I guess I could just put it in the bottom of the bag we take to the pool, but I don’t like to take a chance like that. Usually I end up putting it into the front of my swimsuit. :rolleyes2 At least I know it won’t go missing. And I can’t even count the number of times I have walked from our room to the laundry room only to discover I don’t have my credit card! I need to come up with a better system, I think. A lanyard or something.

I've read that the reason the laundry rooms at Disney don't accept Magic Bands is that Disney doesn't maintain the guest laundry facilities. They are maintained by an outside company and so payment goes directly to them.

WOW!!! I wrote to the Pop GM at the address above about the smoking section and just 7 minutes later received is reply!

Thank you so much for staying with us and I am very glad you had an amazing trip. We appreciate that you stay with us here at Pop Century. We are actually looking to move the smoking location in the near future, so hopefully the next time you visit us it will be completed. It will take some time to do this, but once done I am sure many will be happy. Thank you again.

Thanks to all who have written! They really are listening!
I understand some people don’t like smoke. I truly get it. I just wanted to throw in the fact that “they truly do listen” only applies to nonsmokers. Nonsmokers wants matter and smokers wants do not matter anymore. Within the next couple of years there will be no smoking inside the parks at all because that’s what nonsmokers want. I remember when there were no smoking areas and you could just smoke anywhere (including in your resort room). I had no problem with them making smoking areas, like I said, I get it. But just like everything else, that’s not good enough for people either. Give an inch take a mile type thing. Apparently it’s 100% great news that people can get falling down drunk in every park and every resort now (we even had people drinking alcohol on our bus last year in the morning on the way to the park!) but, God forbid you want a cigarette. The smoking areas will go away and make nonsmokers happy and what smokers want doesn’t matter one iota. When smokers that can’t have a cigarette get extremely grumpy and a drunk runs into your stroller you shouldn’t complain because that’s what was wanted by the masses. So, nonsmokers just smile knowing you will get everything you want because apparently only you matter anymore. Sorry to go on like this but, reading all the complaints a few pages back about smoking sections got me riled up. I really am a nice person.:smokin:

I understand some people don’t like smoke. I truly get it. I just wanted to throw in the fact that “they truly do listen” only applies to nonsmokers. Nonsmokers wants matter and smokers wants do not matter anymore. Within the next couple of years there will be no smoking inside the parks at all because that’s what nonsmokers want. I remember when there were no smoking areas and you could just smoke anywhere (including in your resort room). I had no problem with them making smoking areas, like I said, I get it. But just like everything else, that’s not good enough for people either. Give an inch take a mile type thing. Apparently it’s 100% great news that people can get falling down drunk in every park and every resort now (we even had people drinking alcohol on our bus last year in the morning on the way to the park!) but, God forbid you want a cigarette. The smoking areas will go away and make nonsmokers happy and what smokers want doesn’t matter one iota. When smokers that can’t have a cigarette get extremely grumpy and a drunk runs into your stroller you shouldn’t complain because that’s what was wanted by the masses. So, nonsmokers just smile knowing you will get everything you want because apparently only you matter anymore. Sorry to go on like this but, reading all the complaints a few pages back about smoking sections got me riled up. I really am a nice person.:smokin:

Bottom line, I don't want my child to be breathing in second hand smoke each time we go to or from Classic Hall. I in no way said people should not be able to smoke on property or at Pop, I just said the current location is on the main path to Classic Hall that every child staying in 5 of their buildings must pass by within 10' of it and in turn breathe in second hand smoke. This is not acceptable. My child's health is what I'm most concerned about not people's rights to do what they want at the expense of my child's health.

It isn’t so much a “want” for me and several others as it is a medical necessity. I have a child with severe allergies (including one to cigarette smoke) and asthma. Being around cigarette smoke and breathing it affects and inflames her airway not just for the time she breathes it but for weeks after. Smokers don’t need a cigarette the way people with asthma and allergies to smoke need to breathe. I do think medical needs should take precedent over non-medical preferences.

It's not that some people "don't like smoke". Second hand smoke is dangerous to everyone.

We NEVER have a car, though. I would much rather take the free transportation and allow for extra time than pay extra per night for a car to be rented. I will say that DH and I arrive at park opening, don't take afternoon breaks, and stay until park close so we usually aren't waiting long for a bus. That time we waited at AK was because we took our niece and she needed an afternoon break after doing DAH the night before.
Yep - like I stated we have flown before and not rented a car. We rode busses the whole time and everything is fine. Out of about a dozen trips to WDW we have probably rode on Disney busses hundreds of times. We only had a small handful of issues. For the most part bus travel has been just fine.

We never even considered driving around WDW until we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins. Having the car parked 8 feet from your front step tempted us into driving. We now drive around WDW at least half of the time. We still use the transportation system often including busses and boats. Generally we find driving to be faster but still like to just sit back and let someone else take care of the transportation. Driving around WDW will actually you wish every town and city were as easy. The signage and flow are so intuitive it's almost dummy proof. At the same time it is just easier some times to just sit back and enjoy the ride. IMO there are few things less relaxing than ride a boat across the lagoon as the sun is setting with a view of Magic Kingdom.

My overall point is that the difference just comes down to personal preference. If you have the option to do both you should just do what works for you. Neither option is clearly better than the other. The people who say driving is so much better or that Disney transportation is the end all be all make me laugh. You can have a great trip either way.

Last edited:
It's not that some people "don't like smoke". Second hand smoke is dangerous to everyone.
This is the correct information. When people smoke in public they are actively poisoning other people. Second hand smoke is harmful to anyone who breathes it in whether they have allergies or not. It is especially harmful to young lungs that are still growing and developing. This is not a personal preference item.

Just wanted to day I agree with everything you said 100% :love:!

I knew better then to say anything but couldn’t help myself. Almost everyone I know who is a child of a baby boomer should be dead. We all were around cigarette smoke all of the time. I understand some people are allergic, I get that. Some people are deathly allergic to peanuts and can’t have them anywhere near them as well. With current wisdom: The uncrustables they sell all over the parks should be taken away. Some people can’t have flour even in the air. All flour should be removed.

Also:
  • In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for 28% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • I have no idea how many have died since then. Tens of thousands I’m sure. Y’all are correct that it’s unfair to compare drinking to second hand smoke. Drinking does a much better job of killing people.

Hey everyone, I am considering Pop for a last minute trip with me and DH. We'll be bringing my MIL for her first trip to Disney since 1984! We'd be sharing a room and I was wondering if anyone knows if the bathroom/sink area has a curtain separating it from the rest of the bedroom? I hate to get dressed in a steamy bathroom so was hoping I could close a curtain and get dressed by the sinks (like they have at French Quarter and Riverside if anyone has stayed there.) TIA!

I knew better then to say anything but couldn’t help myself. Almost everyone I know who is a child of a baby boomer should be dead. We all were around cigarette smoke all of the time. I understand some people are allergic, I get that. Some people are deathly allergic to peanuts and can’t have them anywhere near them as well. With current wisdom: The uncrustables they sell all over the parks should be taken away. Some people can’t have flour even in the air. All flour should be removed.

Also:
  • In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for 28% of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
  • I have no idea how many have died since then. Tens of thousands I’m sure. Y’all are correct that it’s unfair to compare drinking to second hand smoke. Drinking does a much better job of killing people.
The difference is that peanuts haven't been proven to be unsafe and unhealthy for everyone, just those with an allergy. Cigarettes have been proven to be unhealthy for literally every single person in the world. People who smoke AND people who breathe in that smoke. You're comparing apples and oranges here. It's not unreasonable for people to ask that they stay in a resort where they don't have to walk through cigarette smoke that could make them sick.

Hey everyone, I am considering Pop for a last minute trip with me and DH. We'll be bringing my MIL for her first trip to Disney since 1984! We'd be sharing a room and I was wondering if anyone knows if the bathroom/sink area has a curtain separating it from the rest of the bedroom? I hate to get dressed in a steamy bathroom so was hoping I could close a curtain and get dressed by the sinks (like they have at French Quarter and Riverside if anyone has stayed there.) TIA!

The rooms all have a large sliding door that divides the bathroom sink area from the bedroom area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter